o5

[taehyung's pov:]

i can't believe her. she expects me to read a book? i'd rather stick my fingers in dog poop. okay, maybe not.

minutes later, the bell rings for class to begin. jihee picks up her head and looks around. "did the bell ring?"

i gave a nod of my head and then shook jimin's shoulder. "yah, wake up. the bell rang for class." jimin's head shot up revealing a bit of drool off the corner of his lip. "aw, man. i drooled."

the three of us picked up our books and left the library to go back to class. on the way, we met jeongguk and namjoon. jeongguk was the first to speak up.

"where did you guys go?" he asked.

"library," i said.

"since when do you guys got to the library?" namjoon laughed.

"every since taehyung's been talking to m--"

"what? is it a crime to go to the library?" i asked them, immediately interupting jimin.

jeongguk, jimin, and namjoon looked at me surprised as i went ahead and entered the classroom first. when i made my way to my desk, i saw miyeon sitting at her desk reading the book i had gotten for her earlier at the library.

i sat down in my chair and watched her closely. "miyeon," i whispered to her. but she didn't even budge.

"miyeon," i whispered even louder. but she didn't turn to look at me at all. glaring at the side of her head, i took an eraser and was about to through it at her head when mr. jeong entered in the classroom out of nowhere.

"clear off your desks. before you guys leave today, you'll have a pop quiz on the background of poetic poems. chop, chop!"

i puffed my lips out and cleared off my desk like i was suppose to but then glared at miyeon who never even once looked my way.

so it's the silent treatment, huh? just you watch.

that afternoon, we left school. although the guys and i walked together, at some point i was the first to leave.

"uh, i got to go. i'll see you guys tomorrow," i said to them as i quickly went towards the way of my house.

"yah, it's still early taehyung! are you not going to go drink with us?" hoseok asked.

"no, sorry. not today. maybe another time!" i called out to them. i gave another wave towards then before i ran hoping to find miyeon in time.

and with just my luck, i did. i saw her slim figure walking the sidewalk alone just up ahead. so i ran all the way to her.

"yah! miyeon!" i shouted almost out of breath. she turned around as her hair swung across her shoulder in one direction. finally, i came to a stop in front of her breathing in and out heavily.

"yah, we're suppose to walk together best friend," i said in short breaths.

"and why should we?"
"because we're best friends."
"have you picked a book you're interested in yet?" she asked.

i straightened my back seeing how much taller i was compared to her. it was cute.

"no," i said.
"tch, then i can't call you best friend just yet," she said as she turned back around and kept walking.

"hey, wait!" i shouted as i went after her. "come on, reading is boring."

"have you tried it?"
"uh, no, who do i look like? a person who reads?" i asked looking at her weirdly.

she gave me a glare and didn't say another word after that. she just continued walking silently.

"okay, okay. truth is i really can't read because each time i read a book, there's always a sad ending. i hate sad endings," i explained to her.

"and that's the reason why you don't read?"
"is it a bad reason?"

she thought to herself for a moment as we walked together. "well... i mean, i can't argue with that. i hate sad endings too... but sometimes, that's just the reality of things."

"well, if i wrote a book, i'd make sure no one gets a sad ending. everyone deserves to be happy," i smiled as i held the straps of my backpack.

"hm, if i find you a good book, will you read it?" she asked.
"well, if i read the book you choose, then can we walk home together?" i grinned.

she looked at me weirdly. "don't you have jimin and your guy friends to walk with or something?"

"i-i mean i do... but they'll start teasing me for.... you know," i began to say.

"teasing you? for what?"
"nevermind the reason. so do we have an agreement?" i asked smiling at her.
"only if you promise to my request," she said looking at me.

"i promise. lets handshake on it," i smiled lending out my hand towards her. she looked at my hand suspiciously and then at me.

finally, she grabbed a hold of it and shook my hand.

"deal."