11

finally an hour later, we were closing into naejangsan national park. the buses pulled their way through the front entrance where we paid our fees to get in.

the worker in charge had let the buses go through as we entered the park. just then, ms. yun stood up to her feet facing us.

"alright, now once the bus comes to a stop, anyone who has their luggage may get it. we'll walk our way to the camping site, and from there, you all will be able to set up your tents. is that clear?" she announced.

"yes!"

i looked outside the window as so did taehyung.

"it looks pretty," i softly said. slowly, he turned his head to look at me and automatically, our eyes connected.

"not as pretty as you," he softly said to me. i stared at him in shock.

"do you say that to every girl you meet?" i asked looking at him.

"what? no-"

but even before i gave him a chance to finish, i got up from my seat and walked off the bus along with many of the other students.

"wait! miyeon-ah!"

what. a. flirt.

i walked out the bus quickly without looking back and went to the luggages to find my own. once i fetched my suitcase, i looked around and was mesmerized by the beautiful view, taking my thoughts away from taehyung.

"miyeon-ah!" i hear a voice cry out. i snapped my head around to see jihee flailing her arm around. she quickly made her way to me along with a carry-tent in her arm.

"quick! lets find a spot to put up our tent," she said as she started walking closer to the lake.

"wait, jihee!"

she walked off so fast that it was a bit difficult for me to stay at her pace. finally, she came to a stop near a shaded area, where there were enough trees just to block away the hot sunlight that reflected off the surface of the lake.

"this is perfect!" she exclaimed, "here help me."

she opened up the package of the tent and took out a flat tent.

it took us about 5 minutes, until we finally finished putting up our tent. and with our luck, yoongi and hoseok were one of the people camping next to us on our left.

"not bad," hoseok said admiring our's.

"yah, help me out will you hoseok," yoongi grunted.

hoseok quickly aided to yoongi's side. i chuckled watching them.

"do you guys need help?" jihee asked from behind me.

"no, we got it," yoongi plainly said. i watched hoseok holding up the tent while yoongi was trying to put the stacks of metal sticks into the opposite side.

eventually, they found their way through succeeding in the end.

i went ahead and went inside our tent to see jihee laying out some small mattresses onto the floor of tent.

"when did you have that?" i asked. jihee gave a small grin. "what? you expect me to sleep on rough grounds?"

i couldn't help but laugh softly. "there must be a bathroom nearby," i said suddenly.

"yeah, i think it's just past down the lake," jihee told me.

i let out a soft sigh when jihee broke the silence.

"so, how was the bus ride with you-know-who?" she smirked.

"he's such a flirt."
"isn't that a good thing?"
"i don't know. it's just the way he said it."
"well, what did he say?"

"i was just saying how pretty the view of the lake was when we were pulling up the park way. and then, here he comes saying 'it's not pretty as you'," i explained. jihee gave a laugh as she clutched at her stomach.

"ah, miyeon, you're in it over your head," jihee chuckled. "maybe he said that out of nervousness, you know... because he actually likes you."

"i don't want to believe that," i said softly while shaking my head and then looked away.

"and why not?"

"because i actually think... that i am falling for him."

and i can't.