Love Is Blind - The Biography. (Norminah)

It was big - but it was no mansion. It had a beautiful, well-kept garden, that was protected by a white picket fence - the type that most people always dream of when they imagine their future.

Everything looked very... natural. Except for the gate - it was also painted white, maybe to fit in with the fence, but it was also very twenty first century, accompanied by a small metal box with a button, which I was assuming was the intercom.

Well, here I was - or rather, here I am. In front of her house. Her that had me bouncing off the walls when her manager had contacted me - apparently she didn't like doing face to face meetings the first time.

It was as if it was yesterday, but it was actually a week and day ago.

Last week Thursday. I remember the husky voice of who was apparently Lauren Jauregui, telling me that I was requested. I. Me. As in, little old me. I was requested by the most famous female author - and trust me, there weren't many. She was what I aspired to be.

Smart, beautiful, and her most admirable trait in my eyes - humble. She knew that she was in her own league, yet she remained as she came - grateful, gave credit where it was due.

She was more successful than most, and was very versatile, killing all genres. She wrote mysteries, crime novels, romantic novels - even books that had you hysterical, crying because you were laughing so hard, but also crying because she knew how to abuse words. She knew how to make you feel as others were feeling, putting you in the character's shoes.

She was amazing.

And she wanted me.

It wasn't possible.

But my manager assured me that it was - even though when I received the call, I was eyeing the room very carefully, waiting for anyone - specifically my manager - to jump out from another room with an entourage, pointing out all of the hidden cameras in the room. But there wasn't. So here I am.

My finger hovered over the button for a while as I looked over the sign that read : Beware of the dog. I gulped. I hated dogs. I've had a few bad experiences. I secretly hoped it was just a lie, or a sign that someone forgot to take down. I took a deep breath, and pushed the button.

The sound coming out on my side was barely audible, but I'm sure inside the house, it was very loud. I jumped as a voice filled the speaker next to the button.

"Hello?"

"H-hi." I stuttered stupidly. "I-I'm-"

"-Are you the author?" the voice cut me off, saving me from further embarrassment, or so I thought. I caught myself nodding my head, and mentally cursed when I realised that she couldn't see me.

"Yes. Yes I am." I spoke, more confidently.

"Come on in."

There was a barely audible buzz, and the gate popped open. I looked around quickly for the animal advertised on the sign on the gate. When I was sure nothing was going to randomly attack me, I advanced, making my way into the clean yard. I walked quickly down the pathway towards the door, raising my fist to knock. But I didn't. The door opened before I could.

I was starstruck. She was tall. Really tall. Freakishly tall. Basketball player tall. And she hovered over me carelessly, smelling like lavender.

I gulped.

God, she was perfect.

Her blonde hair that was usually styled in curls down her back, was tied up into a bun with strands easily sticking out. Her mouth was curved into a smile that made me feel more at ease, and she was wrapped up in a dark Nike tracksuit, obviously having a lazy day.

"Come on in." She beckoned me inside.

And I followed.

I followed her into her house, and deeper into her life - So deep that I found myself in front of a building I never thought I'd be, later.

This is the story of Dinah Jane Hansen - the author who was blind - but now she could see.

I would like to extend my thanks to Dinah Jane, herself, Normani Kordei Hamilton, Allyson Brooke Hernandez and Lauren Jauregui, for giving me this unforgettable experience.

- The Author.