No. 5

That night I tossed and turned. There was no explanation for what Normani did. And it made me sick. It made me sick, just because I hated when things were left unfinished.

I mean, I'm anxious when I don't finish things. Like for example, one time when I was in my last year of school, and we were writing those extremely important exams, and I didnt finish the last question, I basically begged the examiner to let me finish after the time.

She didn't allow me, and I knew I'd pass, but it was just something about leaving it unfinished. I stayed up for a week until we got our results, but to this very day, I'm still upset that I didn't get to finish.

And that's how it is with Normani and Dinah.

Unfinished.

The next day when I showed up to Dinah's house with red eyes and bags underneath them, Lauren immediately got on the train, making fun of me, but Dinah shooed her off to make some hot chocolate. It was pretty good, but never better than Dinah's. She just had something.

"I just wanna know why you smoked weed and didn't bring me shit." The green eyed Latina insisted as she put down my cup on the coaster.

"I didn't smoke weed." I roll my tired eyes, but Lauren smirks, knowing that she's getting under my skin. That was like her everyday goal, and if she got it right, it was her biggest achievement in life that day.

"But what did you smoke? Because it looks like it gets you more worked up, than calmed down." she asks, leaning against the couch.

"Lauren." Dinah mumbles, and Lauren lifts her hands in mock defence.

"Fine. Fine. I'm going, I'll be in the study." she rolled her eyes and made her way down the hallway, but not before winking at me. I rolled my own eyes and watched as Dinah made her way from the window she was so fascinated with, to her recliner. Which should probably be very comfortable, I came to the conclusion since the time when she found Lauren sitting in her chair, and chased her away with an old, rolled up newspaper.

They were probably the definition of best friends. If I'd ever gone into business with any of my friends, I'd pray for a relationship like Lauren and Dinah's. They had serious moments, but were both so laidback, and fun, and never forgot that they were both human beings and respected each other. Probably one of the only things I admire about Lauren.

"You look like shit." Dinah comments as she leans back in her chair, bringing both her feet up, and curling them up against her body to shield it from the cold.

"Thank you." I smile weakly as I take out my notebook. "So what's up?"

"Chill for a bit." the blonde insists as she brings her cup to her lips. "God, Lauren makes piss."

It had bothered me long enough. "It's okay." I dismissed her comment. "Did you ever try to contact her?"

"Who?"

"Normani."

Dinah clenches her jaw and looks away, putting her cup down. "I don't wanna talk about her."

Damn respect.

"Okay, that's fine." I nod, understanding her reasoning. I mean, I don't wanna talk about my ex.

Fucking bastard.

"I think it's going to rain today." she expertly changed the subject, and I nodded as I looked outside.

"Yeah, I felt a little drizzle as I came in."

"Hmmm." she hummed and then bit her lip, obviously conflicted. "Lauren."