No. 14

Normani's POV.

It's actually... really clean?

"Onika, did you get a maid?" I ask, as I close the door behind me, thankful that I can breathe without seeing a mess as I walk through the door.

"The correct term is domestic worker." Onika corrects me from another room, but I ignore her as I hang my coat on the coat hanger, behind the door. I walk into the kitchen just to check, and everything is spotless. I raise my eyebrows and walk out again, walking down the hallway, also seeing nothing lying around.

"Okay then." I adhere to her terms. "Did you get a domestic worker?" I ask, and I hear silence for a while.

"Uhhhmmmm." She hums. "Nah, I just decided to get my life together."

"What are you doing?" I ask, walking into my room to exchange my heels for my Hello Kitty Slippers. Onika had a matching pair, and sometimes even wore mine, but I was happy to see that she had cleaned my room too, and left my slippers where I usually did.

"Reading." She replies shortly, and then I hear the sound of paper. Probably her turning the page.

"You? Reading?" I laugh. "Is this a joke or...?"

"Normani, I am a playwright." She deadpans. "Do you think I write but don't read?"

"I mean, it's a possibility." I shrug. "I don't really know how that pink cotton candy mind of yours works."

"Is that a compliment?"

"If you want it to be." I reply and walk down the hallway, and into Onika's room, where she's laying in her hammock (Yes, we're both very extra), actually reading a book.

"Oh My... you're really reading?" I ask, and she pauses her reading to look up at me, and then roll her eyes. "I'm proud."

"When was the last time you ever picked up a book?" she challenges.

"When I read the Fifty Shades trilogy." I pick at my nails before falling onto her bed.

"You disgust me."

"What? People were raving about it, and I just wanted to see if it was true." I shrug and position myself more into where the sun rays were. It was a beautiful day, despite it being winter. And I'm not just talking about the weather. I close my eyes and bring a pillow closer to cuddle with. It was still a bit chilly. "What are you reading anyway?" I ask, for interest sake.

"This."

I groan as I open my eyes, and am met with the familiar blue cover.

"Oh." I frown. "Why?"

"Because... I found it while I was cleaning." She admits as she lowers the book and rests it on her chest.

"Then I lied." I speak. "That was the last book I read."

"It's good." Onika comments. "Like as in I can't put it down, good."

"I know." My lips form into a smile. "It's interesting."

"She outdid herself." Onika says, and I nod. "Now then why didn't you tell me that your girlfriend was talented?"

"She's not my girlfriend." My cheeks burn.

"But she was."

"Yes, and then I fucked up." I own up to mistake. "So sssshhh."

"Okay." Onika shrugs and goes back to reading her book. But only for like thirty seconds. She then dropped the book back onto her chest.

"What?" I ask, feeling her looking at me.

"So why didn't you tell me that she could write?" she asks, not letting go of the issue.