Chapter 1

Clarke had never been scared in her life, not once. She was always the protector, the one who would never stop fighting until she got what she wanted, until now.

Three weeks after Clarke's eighteenth birthday her father had grown greatly ill. Jake Griffin was always so loving and protective of his two favourite women, Clarke and his wife Abby. Jake's last dying wish was to witness his daughter get married, unfortunately for Clarke, she hadn't found the one yet. God, she had never even kissed a guy before. She was always so independent, she never needed a man in her life, nor did she want one.

The Arcadian kingdom was supposed to be passed down to the eldest born son, but Abby and Jake had only had the opportunity to conceive and birth one child. They tried for a child many many times before Clarke their miracle-as her mother says- came along, after Clarke they kept trying and trying but they were never successful. So that meant that there wasn't a man to rule the kingdom after Jake passed, women weren't known to be rulers at this time and many people disagreed at the idea of Clarke becoming the ruler of the Arkadian kingdom. But the people who disagreed weren't part of the Arkadian kingdom.

There were many other kingdoms and empires out there, too many to count. Many of their allies threatened to break their treaty with the Arkadians if a women was to rule. They claimed it was against everything that they had ever believed in, it was unnatural. The Arkadians adored Clarke, she was the most beautiful woman in the village and she was a huge inspiration to young girls all around the kingdom.

Jake pulled some strings and finally came up with a solution. Clarke had to marry and have a son by the time Jake passed, otherwise the kingdom would be overruled by unworthy leaders.

Clarke shivered when her mother told her the news, another factor that had to play in this was that her husband had to be very well known and very highly ranked. Clarke was the princess of her kingdom so it made sense to marry a prince.

The Asgeda kingdom had offered their prince under one condition, they combine kingdoms and rule together. Prince Roan of Asgeda was at least 5 years older than Clarke, maybe more. He was well known for his impressive fighting skills and his mother Nia was the first queen to ever rule without a king. Somehow people accepted this, she was a great fighter and in some ways she was a great inspiration to women. But in other ways she was someone you never wanted to look at twice.

Nia was very driven, very loyal to her people and she was very confident that she could win any fight. Her army was massive, the biggest army out of all the kingdoms. The Trikru kingdom came second and the Arkadians third, all the other kingdoms weren't very powerful and they definitely didn't have as many warriors as the top three. The problem is that if the other kingdoms got mad at Skaikru they would most likely join armies, then Skairkru would be in big trouble.

The Trikru and Arkadian kingdom had always had some sort of peace, Trikru never did wrong by Skaikru when they needed them. They were very loyal to their allies and the leader was very genuine. The leaders name was Gustus. Gustus had a wife and her name was Lexa. He loved her more than anything in the world so he didn't control her, it was more like Lexa was the leader. Clarke knew that Lexa and Gustus didn't have a child together, so she had no idea who they were offering for her to marry.

Clarke had to chose between the two men, Clarke knew what man her father would choose, but for Clarke's sake he was letting her decide who she wanted to spend the rest of her life with.

Lexa sat on her throne as she taught the children of Trikru about the first leader of their clan. This class wasn't necessary but Lexa wanted to teach them about their history, where they came from and why it is important to stay loyal to their clan.

"Chon hir wants kom be a gona?" She asked the children, they were all still fairly new to their special language. None of them understood what she had said, she smiled. "Who here wants to be a warrior?" She translated and they all put their hands up. "And now who can tell me the three pillars of becoming a warrior?"

They all thought for a moment and then a young boy, Aiden, put his hand up. "Yes Aiden?"

"Wisdom, compassion and. . ." He thought intensely. He seemed to be scared of not knowing the answer.

"It's okay if you don't know, Aiden. Perhaps Bellamy could help us out?" She fixed her eyes on her second, he was guarding the door. "What is the last pillar of becoming a warrior?"

Bellamy Cleared his throat. "Strength, heda."

"Strength it is, monchof Bellamy."

Bellamy nodded his head and returned to his stoic position.

"Yu laik hogeda worthy gon your clan." (You are all worthy for your clan.) "Dismissed," she said with a smile and then all her students stood up and bowed. They then left, following Gustus towards the stairwell.

Lexa stood up and made her way towards Bellamy. "Follow me," she said as she walked through the corridor. Bellamy did as she said without question, he was the most loyal guard she had, that's why he was her second.

They stopped when they reached a balcony on the top floor of their building. "I need to talk to you about something very important," she said as she looked out at the village that surrounded the tower. "As you know the king of Arkadia has fallen ill," Lexa started. Bellamy nodded his head and swallowed hard as he followed her gaze. "Well he is looking for a husband for his daughter, and i have chosen you to wed her."
Bellamy's eyes widened but he didn't say anything.

Lexa told him everything about why this was happening, she told him that the ice nation had prince Roan in on it as well. "Look, Bellamy, if you can win her heart before Roan does, Trikru will thrive, but there is one condition. . You will need to birth a child with her before the king passes, and it must be a boy, otherwise Trikru and Skaikru will perish."

Bellamy's mind was racing, he didn't know what to make of this, he didn't want to marry some spoiled rich princess. He'd never shown any kind of affection to anyone but his younger sister Octavia. Sure he'd had sex before but to him it meant nothing, fun, pleasure.

He'd never even thought about starting a family, especially not with a princess.

"So, do you accept?" Lexa asked looking him in the eye.

Bellamy knew that he couldn't say no to his Queen, he was more loyal to her than he had ever been to anybody in his life, so he nodded.

"Great, we leave for Arkadia at first light, don't be late."

"Heda, my sister? Is she staying?"

"Your sister is a warrior, she will be escorting me there, don't worry, she will be safe. Skaikru are very loyal allies, it's Asgeda we need to worry about. . . Go home, get some rest."

Bellamy nodded. "Yes heda," he said and then walked away.

He returned to his room, it was a higher class room because he was the commanders second, just another privilege he got. When he got there there was a woman waiting for him, she was laying on his bed in only her underwear.

He wasn't really in the mood tonight but obviously Lexa had sent him a gift, and he wasn't going to decline it. Especially not when it could be the last night that he is a single man.