Chapter 2

The journey to Arcadia took about 10 hours on a good day, today it was raining almost the whole way and it wasn't going to stop anytime soon, luckily they were only 1 more hour away from Arcadia.

The horses were freaking out because of the thunder, Octavia's horse almost flipped her off when a crack of lightening hit the earth causing it to tremble beneath them. At least 20 warriors surrounded Lexa, she wanted only 10 of her warriors to come but Gustus insisted she take more. Asgeda was capable of anything at this point, the only reason Trikru and Asgeda weren't at war right now was because of Skaikru and this potential marriage.

No one knew what would happen if Clarke chose Bellamy over Roan. Hopefully Asgeda won't get angry and retaliate, but who knows.

After another hour of intense rain and thunder, they had finally made it to Arcadia. The first thing Bellamy noticed was that the walls surrounding Arcadia were smaller than Trikru's. Bellamy wandered why that was.

When the gates opened, the village was revealed and all the people looked happy to see them. All eyes were on Bellamy, it seemed that the word about him marrying their princess had gotten around.

Bellamy wasn't sure what it was, but something about Arcadia was different to all the other kingdoms he had been to. They seemed more civilised, happier. They all seemed to be friends, more like they were all one big family.

The only family Bellamy has is Octavia, his mother died in a war against Asgeda many years ago and he had never met his father. Octavia was 10 when their mother died, Bellamy had to become a parent when he was 17. It was a long six years watching Octavia grow up, he worried about her constantly, she was always getting into some sort of trouble around the village. She was still a child but at least she could take care of herself now, she was turning 17 soon.

He looked over at his sister, who was smiling happily at the children who were waving to her. A smile tugged at Bellamy's lips when Octavia pulled out her sword to show the kids. They were in awe at the young woman, she was an inspiration.

They finally made it to the building that was in the centre of the kingdom. There stood a man and a woman with happy smiles on their faces.

"Jake, Abby," said Lexa as she demounted her horse and started towards them. She nodded to them and they nodded back.

"It's nice to see you again, Lexa," said the woman as she studied the warriors Lexa had brought with her. "I thought you would have issued more warriors to come, we have plenty of space for them."

Lexa smiled. "Your generosity is appreciated, but i trust that you will keep me protected?"

The king, Jake, nodded his head before he broke out in a small coughing fit. "Excuse me," he said as he wiped his mouth clean of the blood.

Bellamy's stomach dropped. How long did this man have left to live?

"Please, come inside," said the woman as the doors to the building opened, revealing a massive courtyard. "Our daughter will be along soon to meet. . Bellamy? Is it?" She said as she looked at Lexa expectantly. Lexa nodded and then looked at Bellamy.

"Come here boy, let us get a look at you," said the king.

Bellamy jumped off his horse and then made his way to the king and queen. He shook the kings hand. "Nice to finally meet you, sir," Jake looked him up and down.

"You've got a lot of muscle on you my boy, good for protection against enemies. Good for protecting my daughter if she chooses you today."

Bellamy nodded. This was going to be a long day.

Clarke's maid and best friend, Raven, was helping her get ready to meet her potential husband

Clarke's maid and best friend, Raven, was helping her get ready to meet her potential husband. She had already met prince Roan earlier today, he was a nice man, very sarcastic, very humorous but also very terrifying. She had mixed feelings about him, hopefully meeting Bellamy would help determine her choice.

When she found out his name she was shocked, she had never heard of him before which was a surprise because she knew almost everyone of Lexa's warriors.

"So he's the commanders second?" Asked Raven as she tightened Clarke's corset.

"Apparently, it's a big deal, being the commanders second, i dont know why I haven't heard of him before. It's strange."

"Not as strange as how loose this corset is on you, you wore this one last week right? It fit perfect." Clarke didn't say a word and she couldn't meet Ravens eyes. "Clarke," Raven sighed, "have you not been eating?"

Clarke felt tears well in her eyes. "What if I'm not good enough, they're expecting a beautiful princess down there--"

"Clarke, you're absolutely perfect, i would die to have a body like yours, skin like yours. Don't worry, they will love you," Raven said as she pulled the corset as tight as it would go and tied it.

"Now, for makeup," Raven said.

They were interrupted by the sound of the main gates opening. Clarke's stomach dropped, the were here. Raven clapped her hands, "lets get a glimpse of Bellamy," she said as she poked her head out of the window.

Clarke did the same and she looked down to where the movement was. The people looked like ants because of how high up the room was, but you could still make out the faces pretty clearly.

Clarke spotted Lexa on her horse in the middle of the small group. Clarke was surprised that Lexa didn't have any more than 20 warriors by her side, that was unexpected, did she really trust Skaikru that much?

Clarke watched as they stopped just in front of the gate to the court yard. She saw her parents stand in front of them and she watched Lexa get off of her horse and walk towards them.

Clarke could tell that they were talking, unfortunately, she couldn't hear the conversation. Thats when the unexpected happened. A man hopped off of his horse and greeted Clarke's parents. From what Clarke could see, he had brown hair and a pretty solid build. It matched the description of what the girls around the village were saying about Bellamy Blake.

"Is that him?" Raven nudged Clarke. "He's cute. . ." Clarke gave her a glare, "from what i can see, i mean he could be really ugly up close."

Clarke giggled. "It's okay Raven, I won't get jealous. I don't plan to fall in love with him, we'll just get married, have kids, nothing more."

Raven rolled her eyes. "Good luck with that."