Chapter 11

Clarke spent five days straight worrying about Bellamy. There had been no sign of him anywhere, they sent scouts into the woods but they found nothing. There was no trail as the wind was blowing snow everywhere, no one had seen him.

Clarke was starting to get worried. She had barely slept, it felt different sleeping without Bellamy's warm body by her side. She needed to know if he was okay, if he was alive.

Jake had slowly started to get worse. Breathing was becoming more of a challenge for him, and Clarke was afraid that he wouldn't make it any more than two days. And now that it was getting colder, Jake's sickness would become worse.

Winter had come early this year, sending snow into every exposed crevice of the kingdom. Clarke made sure that the people who slept in tents had enough blankets to keep warm. She even offered for some to stay in some rooms in the building. There was room, but not enough for everybody.

She didn't like the fact that they couldn't fit everyone in the building. If war broke out, many people would be left outside to die. It made Clarke's stomach churn, she couldn't believe that her father never had a back up plan if they went to war. So many innocent people would die.

Clarke sat by the horse stables as she watched people walk back and forwards past the gate. This is where she had been sitting these past few days, waiting to see if Bellamy would return.

She couldn't help but think that maybe he had run away, but Octavia was still here and he wouldn't leave his sister. Would he?

Clarke had her hair in a loose bun, blonde strands falling out around her face. Her cheeks were full of color and the warm clothes that she was wearing made her blue eyes pop.

Last night when she was sleeping, she had gone to put her cold feet against Bellamy's shins, only to find that he wasn't there. She was disappointed, she wanted him home.

She looked at her chipped nails for a minute, her hands slightly blue from the cold. She'd always loved winter when she was younger. She loved sitting by the fire with her parents at dinner time, snuggling under tens of blankets when she felt like she was going to freeze, she missed how carefree her life was when she was a child.

She was pulled out of her thoughts as there was a commotion by the gate which made her head shoot up.

and there he was.

Bellamy directed his horse inside as Miller checked to make sure that Bellamy was okay. He seemed fine and that made Clarke's heart flutter.

Tears pricked at her eyes as he jumped down from his horse. He was shivering cold, she could see that and all she wanted to do was drag him into their warm bed.

When he spotted her she ran upto him and threw her arms around his shoulders. Her breathing was uneven as she hugged him for dear life. She felt him wrap his strong arms around her waist as he whispered into her ear. "I told you i would be back."

Clarke pulled her face away from his shoulder, their arms still around each other. "Where did you go? I was so worried that something had happened to you," she said breathlessly.

Bellamy looked into her eyes and suddenly his face became expressionless. He brought his hand up to run his finger under her eyes. "You haven't slept well," he stated.

Clarke shook her head. "I can't sleep when you're not with me anymore."

Bellamy was obviously angry at how she didn't take proper care of herself when he was away, but he let it slide.

"I need to talk to you, but first i need to see your father, i have something for him."

Clarke nodded and then they both started towards the courtyard that lead into the building. Clarke had no idea what was about to happen.