Chapter 7

Clarke decided to stay in her room today, Raven came around early in the morning and talked to her for a few minutes. Clarke wished that she could see Raven for longer, but Raven had a job to do. Clarke wanted to see her best friend more, she hadn't gossiped about anything in a while and Clarke had missed venting to someone. She needed to talk to someone, who wasn't her mother or father, about Bellamy.

Clarke hoped that he had found somewhere to stay last night. She didn't want him to have to sleep outside without shelter, even though he had probably done it countless times before, she just didn't want him to.

She was sitting by the window, watching the day go by as she looked out at her village. She didn't know how all of her people could be so happy and loving all the time, it baffled Clarke, she wanted to be happy, she wanted to be loved. But to her, achieving those things weren't easy.

Clarke had tidied up her room, and in the process she found her small notepad. It had all of her sketches in it, locked away so that no one could see them.

Clarke had always loved drawing, but her mother told her that it was stupid, her mother didn't want her to waste time on something that could be destroyed in two seconds. Her mother wanted her to run the kingdom until she had a baby, a boy.

It didn't make sense to Clarke, why did she have to have a boy? And, what would happen if it were a girl?

The other kingdoms wouldn't be able to cast the Griffin's out of power if Clarke's first born child was a girl, would they?

All Clarke knew was that she would do everything in her power to protect her child, whether it was a boy or girl. She wasn't so sure Bellamy would do the same though. She hadn't known him for very long, but she knew that he had a heart under all of his layers, she just had to make him show it. She had to let him know that it was okay to open up to her, and after he did, maybe, just maybe she could learn to love him.

But she doubted that.

After a few short hours of sketching, the sun was starting to set. She didn't know if Bellamy was going to be joining her tonight. She still didn't know how she felt about sleeping in the same bed as him, but she did know that it felt better than sleeping alone every night, he was a heat pack, comforting and warm.

The door suddenly opened and she slammed her sketch book closed. If her mother found out that she had been sketching this whole day, Clarke would never hear the end of it.

Clarke sat the book on the table next to her and then turned around. She was met with Bellamy's big, brown eyes staring right into her blue ones. Clarke took in his appearance, he had dirt and mud all over him, but he didn't seem to care. It was obvious that he had being doing some hard work around the kingdom today, and suddenly Clarke felt guilty about allowing him to leave last night. He was obviously exhausted and he needed a good night sleep.

Clarke gave him a small smile as she looked at the small dirt trail that his boots had made. "I'm just here to wash up, then I'll be gone," Bellamy's deep voice said as he pulled his eyes from hers and walked towards the shower.

Clarke nodded, slightly gulping when she saw him take off his shirt. Clarke was surprised to see that his freckles weren't limited to his face, she hadn't realised any of his small features even though she had already seen him shirtless. There was a big tattoo that lined his back and it was mesmerising. She didn't know how she knew, but she could tell that it held so much meaning, that it meant a lot to Bellamy.