Chapter 3

Clarke's mother escorted Bellamy to the room that he would be staying in over the period of time that he was in Arcadia. Neither of them knew how long that would be.

Bellamy was in awe by the cleanliness of the inside of the building. Everything was clean and you could barely see a speck of dirt anywhere, even the people dressed differently.

Bellamy followed Abby down many hallways and after walking for what felt like 20 minutes she finally stopped in front of two big doors.

"This is your room for now, if my daughter chooses you, you will be staying in her room," she said as she unlocked the doors with a key that was tied to a chain. She handed it to him. "So the shower is over there," she said as she pointed to the right side of the room. "There is clean clothes in that wardrobe there, we had them made especially for you so they should fit. Toilet is over there and if you need anything just open the door, there should always be someone here to assist you."

Abby smiled as Bellamy looked around the room. It was massive compared to the rooms back home, more luxurious, he thought. The bed could fit at least three people in it and there was actually a shower. Usually he would have to shower in the basement with all the other higher ranked warriors, and even that was a privilege. Most people back home would have to shower in the nearby water hole.

Bellamy turned back to face Abby. He did not expect the Griffins to be such nice people, all he wanted to do was see what Clarke was like. He wandered if she was even stuck up at all at this point. "Thank you," he said and Abby smiled.

"Just be ready by dark, my husband will come and collect you then," she said and closed the doors. Bellamy heard her shoes clink against the ground as she walked away and he found himself wandering towards the shower.

He didn't remember the last time he'd had a shower, so when he stepped under the running water, goosebumps appeared on his skin. He was used to having freezing cold showers, these showers weren't hot but they were warmer than the ones back home.

There was a small dish of milky substance sitting on the side of the shower, Bellamy heard someone ordering people to go and replace the soap in all the showers on the way up. He figured that was what it was so he scrubbed himself with it, he didn't want to smell bad while he met the princess for the first time.

He had to make a good impression, he had to win her heart to ensure the survival of his kingdom, and that's what he was going to do.

After dressing he looked out the window, the sun was setting and he was sure that Jake would be by at any moment to collect him.

Bellamy raked his fingers through his damp hair, he'd thought about brushing his hair backwards but there was a knock at the door before he could do it.

He opened the door and standing there was Jake. "Bellamy, ready to go?"

Bellamy nodded before grabbing the key and slipping it into his pocket.

The walk was silent, only the sound of other people's laughter as they made their way towards the dinner that was being held for Clarke and Bellamy.

"Don't talk much, do you?" Jake asked as he looked at Bellamy.

Bellamy cleared his throat. "Sorry?" He asked, slightly confused.

Jake smiled. "Don't sweat it, you're being cautious, i admire that." Bellamy nodded slightly. "So a warning about my daughter." This statement caught Bellamy's full attention. "She's very.. i dont know how to put this. . . stubborn. Very driven, you couldn't control her even if you had a remote, but she has a heart of gold, she would do anything for the people she loves. Just keep that in mind when you meet her, okay?"

Bellamy nodded and then they entered a room that was full of tables, people and food. Bellamy had to look twice. Why are they so classy? Bellamy asked himself as Jake escorted him to the table looking over all the other tables.

Lanterns and candles lit the room up nicely and Bellamy could tell that Lexa had found a new love in these people. Lexa loved candles.

Bellamy was sat in the middle of a table, an empty seat next to him. He gazed around the table and he saw a few familiar faces, Lexa was sitting across from him, Octavia by her side. "So, Bellamy. What do you think of Arcadia so far?" Lexa asked, a smirk planted on her face.

"I think it's very different," he stated simply, all of a sudden the noise in the room quietened down.

"She's here," Octavia whispered to her brother as she followed Lexa's gaze towards the door.

Bellamy didn't want to look, he thought that if he looked he wouldn't be able to take his eyes off of her. He wasn't allowed to fall in love with her. He had to make her fall in love with him tonight so that his kingdom could thrive for many more years to come.

Bellamy caught a glimpse of curly blonde hair and he couldn't pull his eyes away from her. She was hands down beautiful, even a blind person could see that. Her skin was pale but it was lightly sun kissed, and the colour of her eyes made his mouth go dry. She looked like a goddess and Bellamy felt the need to adjust his pants as they had gone tight.

Her eyes met his and she smiled brightly, all eyes were on them and Bellamy had no idea how he was going to introduce himself. Did he bow to her? Did he kiss her cheek? Did he hug her? He had no idea what to do.

His heart was beating rapidly and it felt like it wanted to pop out of his chest.

When she neared the table he stood up and walked towards her. She stopped right in front of him and smiled. "Nice to finally meet you," she said as she curtsied.

Even her voice sounded like heaven. "And I you," he said.

A blush crept onto her cheeks and she didn't even try to hide it. He was attractive, there was no denying that. His voice, the beautiful brown colour of his eyes, the muscles that wanted to bulge out of his shirt, everything about him was perfect. She just hoped that he was the same person when no eyes were on them.

She couldn't help but think that he was pretending to be nice in front of everyone.