Chapter 27

Three months passed and Clarke was loving her life in Polis.

Turns out that the elders were more than happy to allow her to stay in Polis while she was pregnant, whether that offer still stood after she delivered the baby was unknown. Clarke didn't want to bother them again so she just let it go, when the time came she would either stay or leave, but leaving is something the did not want to do.

Bellamy was far too protective of her. When she spent her day with Renee, he always had to check in on her, make sure that she had eaten food, drank water. He was paranoid, immensely afraid that something was going to happen that would endanger her and the baby's life.

Moving around was becoming more difficult as the days went by. Clarke couldn't see her feet when she looked down and the pains that came in her lower back were aching for days on end.

She was sure that Bellamy would have been sick of her complaining by now, but surprisingly, he was always there by her side offering to massage her back when she was sore, giving her food when she craved it.

She knew that she wouldn't have been able to do it without him, and she was glad that she had made the trip to Polis a few months ago, because if she hadn't she wouldn't be where she was now.

In some form, Renee replaced Raven. Clarke hated to admit it, but Renee had become her best friend since she had been living in Polis, but Clarke knew that she could never forget what having Raven in her life felt like.

She wrote her mother a few times to check in on her and the kingdom. Abby replied back, telling her daughter that she missed her more than anything, it often made Clarke feel guilty. Her mother had to deal with her grief from Jake death alone while Clarke sought comfort from her husband.

Even though it had been a few months since Jake's passing, Clarke still often had to wipe a few tears off her cheek at the thought of him. Her father was a huge part of her life, and it was understandable that she still shed a few tears for her father.

Bellamy found her curled up on the bed one night, sobbing loudly as she held a letter from her mother in her hand. Abby had written to Clarke, telling her that she had finally decided to clear out her fathers things, saying it was too painful to see them all the time. It sent Clarke to never ending tears that night, she didn't know why it had affected her so much.
Perhaps, it was the hormones, or perhaps it just because it made Clarke realise that her father was actually gone.
Bellamy wanted to take the pain away, he tried his best to make her smile and most of the time he succeeded, but nothing he did would completely remove the thought of her poor father who was taken from her too soon.

Almost every night Bellamy would tell his unborn child stories, Clarke tried to listen, hoping to keep the moments in her memory forever, but she was often exhausted and was asleep before he finished the stories.

He took such good care of her, and everything that he did only proved even more that he would be an amazing father to their child.

Clarke didn't find it weird anymore when strangers from the village came over and touched her very swollen stomach when she was out and about. It was a normal thing that happened in her everyday life now and Clarke found it very humanising, but Bellamy on the other hand told her that she should walk away when it happened.

Clarke just rolled her eyes at him. "You can't have me wrapped in cotton wool the whole time that i am pregnant."

He looked at her with certainty. "Want a bet princess? If anything ever happened to you or our little one—"

"Yes yes, you would never forgive yourself. I've heard it a thousand times and trust me, nothing is going to happen to us." Clarke brushed her hair, reading herself for bed.