Chapter 31

Two months went by without a hitch. Asgeda hadn't made a move to attack since they kidnapped Clarke and neither had Trikru. Bellamy and Octavia still remained in Arkadia, Lexa hadn't seemed to want them back since they left.

From what they could tell, all was well. For now. It all came down the the gender of Clarke and Bellamy's baby. It was crazy, such a simple thing could do so much damage so easily.

Bellamy and Clarke had tried everything they could to determine the baby's gender, they went to a fortune teller, hell, they even tried to use the needle and thread method. Nothing seemed to work and Clarke was growing more and more anxious by the day.

They didn't have a plan, they hadn't talked about what they would do if the baby was a girl. Clarke didn't want to have that conversation at all, but they had to start to put a plan I progress. It was getting closer and closer to the birth of their baby and Clarke looked like she was about to pop already.

Nia knew how far along Clarke was, they couldn't hide, if they put off telling Nia the baby's gender she would come looking and that wasn't good for anyone.

Bellamy assigned Clarke to at least half a days bed rest, she was often exhausted by midday. Bellamy met her there for lunch so that he could check on her.

"I want you out," Clarke threatened as she pointed her finger to her stomach. They were in the middle of eating lunch and Clarke kept complaining that her oversized stomach kept getting in the way of everything. Bellamy chuckled. "I'm serious, Bell. Today in medical I knocked an open first aide kit off the bench and everything went everywhere. It was humiliating!" She put her head in her hands and sighed.

"Come on princess." He put his hand on her stomach. "It'll all be worth it in the end."

Clarke sighed again, a little happier this time. "Yeah, I know..." But the happiness in her didn't last long. "Bellamy? What are we going to do, if it's a girl?"

His mouth set in a straight line. "I don't want to talk about it right now, Clarke."

"We need too, it's getting too close, we need a plan."

"I know, I know we do it's just— I don't want to think about what's going to happen.."

Clarke nodded before she stood up from her seat and walked towards him. "Me either, but Bell, we need to."

He grabbed one of her hands and held it tightly. "So, Nia made it very clear that if this little one," he touched her stomach. "Is a girl, she will attack, and kill everyone who tries to stop her." Clarke nodded softly before Bellamy added. "We could leave.. together, you and me, lets just.. go."

Clarke winced with tears in her eyes. No doubt she was thinking about the people she would have to leave behind if they decided to do that. He couldn't expect her to say yes, but he wanted her too, badly.

She took a few moments to compose herself, Bellamy was sure that she was preparing herself to turn down his offer. But when her face broke out in a smile he was dumbfounded.

"Okay, if it comes to it, we go.."

Bellamy shuddered a breath. "Yeah?"

Clarke nodded intensely before surging down to capture his lips in hers. He slowly stood, cupping her face with his hand as he kissed her with a bruising force before they slowly took it to the bed.

 He slowly stood, cupping her face with his hand as he kissed her with a bruising force before they slowly took it to the bed