Chapter- 25 Sleep with me

Uncle and aunty came with me to the airport I touched their legs and got blessings from them.

"Be strong Rithu and take care of your health," they said.

"Then Rithu I want to tell this, I don't know what you two were planning on having kids but we want grandchildren so talk about this with Vikram," Lakshmi aunty said to me.

"I already said about this to Vikram so you two decide, I know he always brings his work in personal life but considers our words and you have to talk about this to him," Rajesh uncle said to me.

I just nodded to their request, how can I talk about this with him we are not in love, sorry he's not in love with me. And no one knows that we are not sharing a room and not living as a husband and wife. How can we have children? In this 5 months of marriage, he's not even initiated anything between us but one time the situation came but I pulled him away. What I am going to do, I thought.

Then I waved goodbye to them, after one hour of travel I came back to Chennai, I messaged him that I reached and I waited for him. Then a heavy thunderstorm jerked me. Then in a few minutes, it started to rain. After ten minutes Vikram called me and asked me to come outside so I went.

He was sitting in the car and signaled me to come, I covered my head with my hands and ran towards the car but somewhat I got wet.

"Here towel", he said and gave me a towel to dry. Then he started the car. We were silent during the drive. And I decided to ask him about his plans and also I am going to tell whatever I need to say, so I become silent.

He parked the car and thankfully the electricity was there so we went In the elevator. After reaching our home the electricity went off, thank God I thought.

He unlocked the door, after getting inside Vikram dropped the bag on the couch.

It was dark, so I opened the cupboard and light the candle and placed on the dining table. Then I drank some water and asked Vikram whether he wants, but he said no and asked me to come.

Vikram was standing beside the balcony and watching the heavy rain, I went near him.

"Rithu did mom said anything to you about kids", he said.

"Yeah uncle and aunt both talked about this with me", I said.

"What you're thinking about having kids", he asked me suddenly.

I was silent for a minute,
'I don't have any problem in having kids but your work is there so how can we", I said honestly.

"Leave my work, there's nothing to worry about that, can we have kids? Are you ready for that", He asked.

I just nodded because I want kids, want a family and mainly Vikram. I thought there's nothing wrong in this because we're married and I am loving him. I know he's saying this because of his parents and to make happy but I also want to do the same.

Vikram didn't speak anything, from today onwards sleep with me in my room, he said.

Thank God the electricity was not there because I am blushing hard and I controlled my smile it's really awkward, I thought.

Ok, I said.

It's time we have to sleep, I said.

Hmm, he nodded and went into the room and I followed him. It was dark I slept on one side and him on the other side.

There was an awkward silence even my breathing sound made me feel awkward.

Are you feeling uncomfortable Rithu, he asked me turning to my side.

Yeah, it's awkward to sleep here, I said honestly.

Then suddenly Vikram pulled my hand and tightly gripped with his hand.

Get used to it, he said and closed his eyes but I can't sleep because Vikram was doing things that I am not expected. I looked at him for some time then I eventually slept.

Next morning when I opened my eyes the first face I saw was Vikram he was sleeping peacefully and I noticed that he was still holding my hand and I slowly removed my hand from his grip and went into the bathroom and took a cold shower. When I came out Vikram was not there I went outside and saw that he was in the bathroom in the other room.

Then I went to the kitchen and I thought what to prepare today then I decided to make Vikram's favorite dish briyani and took more care to make it good. After finishing the breakfast I went to see Vikram he was already wearing a white shirt and blue pant, I thought how can Vikram get this kind of costume god he's really cool.

He looked at me, breakfast is ready I said and turned to leave.

Rithu be ready in the evening we're going out, he said.

To where?

To my friend's marriage reception, you know the guy who came last in our reception, he said.

Yeah, I remember him, I said.

I forgot about his marriage but I remembered now, god what if I forgot to go, he would kill me, he said.

Ok, we're are going there in the evening so be ready I will come and pick you, he said.

Ok I said and we both went to the dining table and I served him the food, I looked at him, how can he be so handsome even while eating I have changed a lot because nowadays I am admiring his everything even his beard god he's so handsome in that, what I am going to do I can't hide my feelings for him and also I have to confess my feelings as fast as I could, I thought.

Stop looking at me, am I that beautiful, he asked me.

I bite my lower lip and smiled, Sorry.
But you're looking good today and also you're good in this trimmed beard, I said what I felt.

Oh, he said and again continued to eat.
Then my phone started to ring, it was Lakshmi aunty I attended the call and talked with her, she didn't talk anything about what she said in the airport.

Then I removed my hair in the bun because it was still wet and I was wearing a black t-shirt and pink sweatpants.

Rithu, Vikram called me so I went.

Where is my file, he asked me.

What file, I asked him confusingly because why he's asking his file to me.

Nothing leave that, he said.

Then I turned to leave, wait to take that headphone, he said pointing the headphone in The cupboard, if he's going listen to songs while working, I thought. Then I gave that to him.

Rithu I want to ask you something, he said.

What?

That... is.....Sorry, I forgot, he said while putting his shoes and he stood up from the couch. God, he's irritating me I thought but I didn't show that to him and I smiled

He took his bag in one hand and another in his pocket and looked at me.

He turned to leave but stopped near the door and I was looking at him questioningly.

Do you forgot anything or do you want anything, I asked him. Because he's acting different today, Every time he would leave hurriedly after putting his shoes, but what he wants.

He looked at me from head to toe, I went near him.

What? do you need anything from me, I asked him by furrowing my eyebrows.

He didn't say anything but what he did was surprised me. He pulled my shoulder and crushed my body with a hug.

Bye, he said near my ears. I felt fluttering butterflies in my stomach and again my heart beat started to increase.

Then he released me from his hug and I looked at him surprisingly but he smiled, get used to this also he said and left.

I smiled because Vikram was unexpectedly doing things that assures me that he's started to like me. What if I say that I am in love with him will he accept me.