Chapter 19

"All I see is you when I close my eyes."

Atharva felt a soft warm hand caress his cheek, sliding down to his jawline and resting there

Atharva felt a soft warm hand caress his cheek, sliding down to his jawline and resting there. Only one name crossed his mind and he jolted upright, pulling away from the person in front of him.

Startled, Aahana lay a hand on his shoulder and gave a gentle squeeze. "It's me. Aahana."

He was still sleepy as he looked at Aahana with wobbly eyes, haziness blurring his vision. She was sitting not too far away from him with a small smile.

Aahana had thought she would stay with him for a while in his room before going to bed but seeing him asleep, looking like that- innocent and cute, she couldn't bring herself to leave him alone, plus she got to admire him all night with no interruption, taking in every bit of his flawed perfection.

His eyes widened and he blinked twice, lowering his gaze to his fingers.

He was ashamed of himself. He could never forget yesterday night but oblivious to him, Aahana shifted closer to him and placed a light kiss on his temple. When she pulled back, their eyes locked.

"Are you okay?" she asked him, her voice soft and gentle.

"Yes," he whispered, peering at the clock.

"Okay, I'll make breakfast." She followed his eyes and looked back at him, smiling.

She hadn't realized her mistake of sitting on an uncomfortable, rocky chair but now as she stood up, she felt her muscles ache in protest. Two nights with no proper sleep. Phew.

He nodded and got out of the bed, running his fingers through his untamed hair before walking to his closet and pulling out his clothes. Meanwhile, Aahana made his bed and parted the curtains of the windows, letting the sunlight peek inside, giving a soft orange glow to his room.

She sighed and was about to leave when he called her. "Aahana."

Damn the morning voice, She thought. It was ridden with sleep, deeper and huskier. And she resisted the urge to swoon when his voice worked her name so smoothly.

She turned around and hummed, her eyebrow raised questioningly as she tried to act nonchalant when inside her heart was doing somersaults.

He hesitated, his hand flying to scratch the back of his neck. "Thank you." The way he said it with so much passion, she felt her knees weaken. She let out a shaky breath and held the door handle for support before nodding quietly and scurrying away.