Chapter 2 A Quest for Two

It was a day later back in Fairy Tail, outside it was pouring but that wasn't stopping anyone from taking a quest. I was up at the request board, I was crowded by a lot of other people. I had my eyes set on this one quest, it was on a private island, a rare magic artifact was stolen. There was a masked ball then an auction where the artifact was. The job, cross over to the island, infiltrate the building, and steal the artifact before the auction. The catch is that the entire building is full of criminals and enemies that will attempt to kill you if they catch you. I had my hands on the end of the paper and I pulled then I saw Aaron also grabbing it. "Hey I had it first."

"No you didn't, and can you even complete this quest it looks a little hard for a short potato." My face must have amused him because he burst out laughing, "yeah I heard you tell Natsu not to call you that. Anyways I'll be taking the quest now."

He pulled it out of my hand, "hey you BIG JERK, how about we just do the quest together."

He looked like he was considering it, "fine we can split the reward, but i'm heading to the ferry now so you better hurry it leaves in eight minutes." He ran out of Fairy Tail really fast and then he was gone. I ran out to my house and got supplies and a dress for the ball, we needed to blend in, I just hope he realized that. Also a mask, it was a masked ball. I got my stuff and sprinted to the ferry as fast as I could, the second I got on it left. "Just in time."

"So you are a fast potato" I looked and saw Aaron smirking. "Well sit tight it's a long ride."

Later in the day...

Two or so hours later we were at the island, we were both in our disguises. I was wearing a light blue dress and a white feathery mask. Aaron was wearing a tux and his red bandana over his eyes as always, what does he have to hide under there? It didn't matter I hated him he was so mean. We got off the ferry with a lot of other people that were dressed up, these all must be the people coming to the illegal auction.

We walked into a big building with a huge ball room, people were already dancing to the music, talking, and eating. Aaron leaned over to me and whispered, "this is high class criminal society." We walked in and someone asked me to dance, I couldn't say no so I just gave Aaron a look and then went to the dance floor. After a while of dancing Aaron came over and asked the person I was dancing with if he could step it. He grabbed my hand and put his arm around my waist and we started dancing. He whispered to me, "I've been looking around and I know where the artifact is being held, there are very few guards. Someone is about to make a speech we have to get there before that. Follow me." He let go and then went off into the crowd, I followed him to a back room. He opened the door slightly inside I could see all the items for the auction and there were six guards. I heard the speaker start talking, we were far enough away so no one noticed us. "Alright let's go," I nodded my head.

We both ran through quickly and I turned around and shut the door and locked it. I turned around and stood next to Aaron, there were six of them and two of us, I didn't know how great Aarons power is but this seemed like trouble. Especially if there magic users.

Sure enough they were magic users, there was a fire mage, guns magic, earth magic, and the others were water like Juvia. I figured this would be hard, boy was I wrong. I looked to where Aaron was standing and he was gone, he was literally gone, I looked all around and he was nowhere. I gulped and readied for a fight when Aaron appeared again out of nowhere he charged behind the guys knocking down four of them. "Shadow Dragon ROAR" he yelled a funnel of shadows overtook them and one by one they began falling down. When the funnel disappeared they were on the ground shivering, they looked terrified.

"I'm gonna guess that wasn't a normal dragon roar, what did you do?"
"Shadow is a lot like darkness, when it passes over a person it makes them terrified and they see their greatest fears, other than the original dragon roar."
"Oh" I shivered, "remind me not to get on your bad side."

"Oh you haven't seen nothing yet." Slowly getting over the initial shock over what just happened the guys got up, Aaron did a bow and then turned to me. "Your turn." I stepped another step forward and Aaron must have done a number on them because they flinched.

"Light Dragon Iron Fist." I love that move, when I do it a fist made of Light materializes and punches them. The water one blocked it but the others got the full blast of it. Then Aaron finished them with a shadow dragon iron fist. It was a surprisingly short battle like less than three minutes. We went to the back and Aaron grabbed the artifact, he put it in his pocket and we went back into the ballroom. The speaker had just finished and everyone had gone back to dancing. We quickly danced our way around the room till we got to the exit. We walked out the door and stopped as we got about 30 feet away from the building. Then a I heard a loud gunshot. I looked to Aaron and I couldn't see his face but in front of him was his bandana. "Shit." I heard him mutter, the people that shot at us were coming closer.

As they got closer I heard, "That's Aaron Lycann, GET HIM." Aaron grabbed his bandana and my hand and we both sprinted. We ran into a thicket of trees and did a bunch of zig zags hoping to lose them. When we were finally sure we were safe we stopped to catch our breath, we both leaned against a tree. We heard a lot of voices but no one ever found us.

"What was that about?" I asked as Aaron tied his bandana back around his, I still never got to look at his eyes.

"Nothing, just don't ask questions" he growled.

"We have to get to the ferry, it comes in about fifteen minutes."

"Fine" he growled, he followed me and we walked to the shore sure enough after awhile of waiting the ferry came, we boarded and head back to Magnolia...