Chapter 6 A New Side

We walked for about five minutes and we got to Aaron's house, it wasn't a big house but it wasn't small, it was like middle class. We walked into the living room, "wait here." He walked upstairs and came down with a change of clothes for me, "there's a shower right down the hall, you better clean up." With that he walked back upstairs and I took the clothes and walked to the shower. I showered quickly and put on the clothes and walked back up.

Aaron still didn't come back from upstairs, so I decided to look around. He kept a fairly neat house, it had a big kitchen and living room. He had almost no displayed possessions though, there was a lot of pictures but none of him without the bandana. I saw a picture of him when he was maybe five or so and he still had the bandana and then I thought to what he had told me. "My eyes are pretty unique and before I started wearing the bandana, lots of enemies knew what my eyes looked like. I started covering them up because of that, now they can't tell who I am even if I ever met them again." So judging by this picture he had enemies since he was really little, if what he told me was true.

Since he still hadn't come back down I went upstairs I went into his room and I saw him shirtless. He was bandaging the wound, it was bigger than I thought, it stretched from under his arm to down his side. I then realized the reality of the situation. He looked at me with a wild expression, I blushed in embarrassment and quickly backed out of the room and down the stairs. A few minutes later he walked down the stairs with fresh clothes on. "Sorry" I muttered.

He sighed, "it's okay, do you want something to drink, water milk, hot chocolate?"

"Umm hot chocolate please."

"Okay" he went into the kitchen and started making it, I was trying to remember back to what I saw in Aaron's room. I don't mean him shirtless, I mean his bedroom it seemed pretty empty. There was a bed a dresser and a desk and no pictures, the wall was painted dark blue and there weren't any windows. I hadn't seen the entire room but as I left I thought I saw something on the wall. It was a quick glance but I saw a weird symbol on the wall, it was possible it had something to do with his eyes. I just wanted to know, I trust him but I would trust him more if he told me.

He came back with the hot chocolate and we both sat down and started drinking it. "So I get you were attacked but what actually happened?"

He sighed and then started, "I was walking in the area, I was ambushed in the middle of the streets. There wasn't many people in the area but still it was dangerous for all the bystanders so I ran in an attempt to get out of there. I had run for quite some time I knew I was still being followed so I hid at a local bar. I waited there then I left and I heard more footsteps behind me so I ran through a bunch of alleyways to try to lose them. I thought I had when they jumped down from the roof and attacked me. There were like 12 of them, normally that would have been easy to handle but they used powerful magic. One of them managed to stab me. That's basically what happened."

"Why were they chasing you?"

"It seems that when I lost my bandana on the island and they recognized me they were able to find me even with it on."

"Well if they already know can't you take off the bandana?"

I expected a snappy angry remark but it didn't come, "it's just not that simple" he finally said.

"Why don't you have any pictures with your eyes?"

"I just don't."

"Okay I get it you don't want anyone to see."

I finished my hot chocolate and looked outside the window, it was raining really hard, there was no way I could make it home from here. Aaron noticed me looking outside the window, "you can stay the night if you need."

The words escaped my mouth before I realized, "that would be great." OMG I was a girl spending the night at a boys house unsupervised, I mean we both are adults but still. Oh my Irene I can just hear my mother yelling at me and then going to kill Aaron. She hates boys it's ridiculous.

"You can sleep in my bed and I'll sleep on the couch."

"Well it's your house, I'd be fine on the couch."

"But you're the guest." I had a feeling the conversation was over, it was pretty late.

"Aaron I'm gonna go to bed okay."

"Okay, you know where my room is and where I'll be." I walked up the stairs and I looked down to Aaron, he had taken off his shirt and laid down on the couch, man the boy had an 8 pack. Wait what am I thinking, AHH I need to stop having these types of thoughts. I walked up to his room and saw what I thought I saw. On his wall was a weird symbol, it was painted black and it stood out from the wall. I was to tired to think about it so I crawled into bed and slept.

I woke up early like three in a sneezing fit, I guess Aaron heard and he walked up. He handed me some medicine not saying a word then walked back downstairs. I took the medicine and went back to bed

I woke up a few hours later at five, I went downstairs and saw Aaron asleep, but he wasn't wearing his bandana! His eyes were closed so I couldn't see anything and it's not like I was gonna open his eye lid. I walked into the kitchen and opened the window it was bright and sunshiney out, the way I liked it. I decided to go for a walk, I left Aaron a quick note saying I'll be back soon.

Everything was shiney and misty from the hard rain and new sun, the grass sparkled like a rainbow from all the dew. I walked down the central street, it was early so no one was out now, I thought back to last night. Aaron showed me a new side of himself, other than the 'we're friends so I have to be nice.' He seemed really sincere last night, it was nice to know how he really is behind all that shadow. I was lost in thought and I continued walking for a while when I realized I was lost. Oh crap, this is the bad side of town, anyone could be attacked while walking around here.

I was about to turn around when I felt a pair of arms on me, they were holding me tight. I tried to wiggle away but I couldn't, I felt a bag come over my head. I was surrounded in darkness and I slowly lost conscience.