Chapter 9 Irene?

Aaron had finally come back from the quest, I immediately found him and asked the million dollar question. "Aaron will you help me find out about who my mother is?" So recently I had decided I wanted to find out who my mom was, I lived with foster parents and siblings. Apparently my dad had died so I wanted to know who my mom was, and if she was still alive. So I asked Aaron for help. I was lying down on my rug reading when Aaron walked in, "so what have you found so far?"

"I found out that anything about my mom and her side of the family is gone from my family tree. My dad's information is still there but it's nothing important nothing leading me to my mom."

"Ya know it's possible she had the same magic as you and that's why you can travel through Light. Did you try to get a DNA test?"

"I didn't think of that, it's a good idea."

"Come on I know a guy."

"Miss, I've found out who your mother is and it's a surprise. I wouldn't tell anyone about this, because it would put a target on your back. Have you heard of the Divine Dragon Slayers, they are a group with the power of a dragon and what that dragon represents. The two strongest Irene and Shad represented Light and Shadow. I mentioned they are what the dragon represents, Irene was a goddess because of the Light powers. Shad was a Demon, he is long dead so don't worry about that. What I'm getting at is that your mother is the goddess of Light Irene."

"So should I be able to travel through Light then?"

"Yes and only for that reason, only children of a goddess or Demon should be able to. Sometimes if there's too much power a normal Dragon Slayer will be able to travel through their element."

I turned to Aaron and pointed to him, "what does that make you?"

"I'm a normal Dragon Slayer with too much concentrated magic so I can travel through Shadows."

"Oh, okay and is that a genetic thing?"

"Well" the doctor began, "if both parents are Dragon Slayers that can happen but it's really just how much magic the parents have. Even if they're not Dragon Slayers a more concentrated power can make it possible. Much like how Natsu Dragneel has ingested Atherion and Electric and God Slayer Magic. Different wizards can do many things based on how much power, so it's not necessarily genetics but power, it's actually quite random."

"Wait doctor I have another question, because my mom is Irene does that mean I'm an Angel?"

"Well part Angel, your father was human so really the only thing you gain from it is a higher concentration of magic. It's possible if you were forced to you could receive a form much like Irene. When I say forced I mean an instinct would happen and you would take an Irene like stance."

"Oh, okay" I looked to Aaron, "you don't seem surprised, why is that?"

"Well I had my thoughts, since you were able to travel through Light I just guessed." Aaron turned to the doctor, "thanks for all your help."

"No problem Aaron, how's your mother?"

"Just stressed" Aaron sighed, "she's had so much work to do so she's been working constantly."

The doctor coughed and continued, "any signs of him?"

Aaron looked nervous, "yes, I've been doing what I need to. Anyways once again thanks for everything."

Aaron and I left the room and headed to my house, "hey Aaron how do you know that guy?"

"He's my stepdad" he said bluntly as we walked.

"Oh, that's cool so he won't tell anyone about me being Irene's daughter will he?"

"No, the reason I took you specifically to him is because he won't tell, he deals with descendants of the Divine Dragon Slayers all the time. He always gives the same warning, he's right though don't tell anyone about this."

"Okay Aaron" we got to my house and it was late now the only way we could see was by the glow of the streetlight. I hugged him and turned to open the door when he wrapped me in a another hug. "Aaron is everything okay?"

"I'm just worried about you" I looked at his always covered face. "What he said is true and if anyone found out I'd be worried because people would come after you. I don't want you to get hurt."

"Aaron I'll be fine, you taught me to use my magic and if I'm in trouble I know you'll be there to save me."

He leaned down and kissed my forehead, "night you stupid potato." I heard the wind blowing and I looked up. Aaron was gone, I didn't want to worry him but I learned from the best. I would learn to use my powers and do what the doctor said, I would learn to active my full powers.