Chapter 8 Training

This is probably more of an interesting chapter so I hope you all like it ;)

It has been two weeks since Aaron helped me and Laurence dumped me. I didn't really care that Laurence dumped me, after seeing who Aaron could be I realized, he's the type of person I would date. I don't mean I'd date him but just someone like him, someone who puts others first. I mean he was stabbed and asked if I was okay. I was planning on asking if he'd go on a mission with me, I was nervous because I don't know if he'd say yes. I thought about when we first met, it had been like four months, that's not a long time but it sure felt like it.

I went into the guild eager to ask but he wasn't there, I went up to Mira. "Hey Mira have you seen Aaron"she looked at me puzzlingly and motioned to her ears, I realized she couldn't hear over Natsu and Gray fighting. I went up to them, "LIGHT DRAGON IRON FIST" I knocked them both over. "Guys some of us are trying to have a conversation." They looked shocked at me and I heard a bunch of applause and cheering. I walked back over to Mira.

"Wow, your magic has gotten stronger, have you been training?"

"Well actually the past week I have been training with Aaron so my magic did get stronger."

"Oh, cool Aaron is really strong so he is a good person to train with. Anyways what did you need?"

"Oh, have you seen Aaron?"

"No not recently, I think he went on a long term quest, but it was a quick one. He should be back soon."

"When was he last seen."

"Five days ago."

"Okay thanks, bye Mira."

"Bye, thanks for shutting Natsu and Gray up" she said it in such a sweet tone, it's hard to believe she was the She-Devil. I thought back to everything that happened it was incredible. We had started training the day after I had that dream, I figured still even though it wasn't real I was still stranded in that situation. So, I better improve my skills and from what I can tell Aaron is strong, and according to him I haven't even seen the extent of his powers.

"Okay, so just relax and take in a lot of air and whatever your magic is, not only does amount of magic intake make a roar strong. Also, how loud it is, because a dragon's roar, if you think about it, if it's not loud and long then it's not strong. There's power in a voice and if it's not loud it's not intimidating, I know it seems like a nonsense logic but it's true. You're going to show me what you can do okay, whenever you're ready."

"Okay" I nodded, "Light dragon roar." I said somewhat quietly, it's normally better in the moment.

Aaron looked at me, "come on Aph was that the best you got, that was like a mouse or something no power behind it at all. Try again."

"LIGHT DRAGON ROAR" it blasted Aaron back into the wall with a solid thud. "Uh, sorry" I smiled sheepishly.

He got up, there was an Aaron shaped mark on the wall yet he was smiling, "that was great Aph, that had a lot of power and still it could get stronger. From what I can tell about your magic is that there's a lot of power in you just haven't unlocked it yet. I think you could get stronger than someone like Natsu no problem you just need to practice."

I realized I was staring at Aaron, and stopped I was confused at what was happening. I always seem to think about him, is it possible I like him? There's no way, is there? I decided not to think about it, as much as I hated Aaron when I first met him he is a pretty good teacher and I think I'm helping him learn about friends to so it's kind of a trade-off.

"Okay what next Mr. Lichen" I joked.

He smiled, "how about you choose."

"Okay, because you can travel through shadows does that mean I can travel through Light?"

"Well it's possible, but I'm not your average Dragon Slayer so you might not be able to. It's pretty unlikely so don't get your hopes up."

"Okay" it was too late my hopes were up.

"So first come stand in the sun more okay" we were doing the training outside. "It will increase the Light power and you need some Light to do it, I can't travel in the Shadows if there aren't any Shadows so yeah. Now feel the Light around you, imagine if you were just swimming in it. You must be able to grasp the power of it and feel it. Now with Light you can go pretty much anywhere so if you can do it try not to get lost."

I was listening to every word, I could feel the warmth of the Light I felt it all around me and I could feel my power growing. I nodded as if to say I was ready for him to continue. "Now imagine it like water and your standing not swimming yet, don't open your eyes just visualize everything. Now swim." I acted on instinct and felt myself moving through the Light I opened my eyes. I could see everything but it was bright, extremely bright everything was glowing. I was moving really fast through it faster than anyone could see. I saw all the Shadows, they stuck out like a sore thumb the only dark thing in this haven of Light. I noticed Aaron he was in the Shadows near me the Shadow areas were small but at the speed Aaron and I were traveling at we could easily move. When he saw me actually doing it he looked shocked, he stared in disbelief. Aaron left the Shadows and I could see him standing in the sunlight. I tried to leave the sunlight but for some reason I couldn't, Aaron was trying to say something so I slowed a little bit. I saw his lips moving and I lip read what he was saying. It looked like, "to get out of the Light go into the Shadows." I figured that's what he was trying to say so I did, it was cold and dark for a minute then at high speed I shot out of the Light and crashed into Aaron. My face fell on his and once again we accidently kissed, I immediately got up.

"I'm sorry Aaron I couldn't control where I was going, I let down my hand and helped him up.

"It's okay...Aph do you like me?"

"Whaaaa" I was stunned he asked that. "Well umm...I umm..." I felt heat rise to my face so I turned away. "Maybe...a little...kinda?"

He laughed, "hey it's okay, I was just wondering."

"Well then do you like me?" I turned to him. He blushed a little bit and I heard him mutter something. "Say that again I couldn't hear you."

"Yeah, I do."

I was speechless, holy moly he likes me. "I...umm...wanna go on a date?" I could not believe those words escaped my mouth.

"Sure, I think we've done enough training today, how about tomorrow, I'll pick you up from your house at 6?"

"Umm, sure that works for me, bye Aaron."

"Bye Aph" I walked away and over to my house I ran up stairs and buried my head in my pillow. I had a little fangirl attack involving lots of screaming when I realized Natsu and Happy were in my house.

"WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING HERE, WHO SAID YOU COULD COME IN."

"Oh hi, why were you just screaming in your pillow, what happened?"

"Get out" I got up and pushed them out the door and slammed the door. I leaned my back against it and slid down the door, oh my Irene, Aaron likes me.

Since then I had talked with him a lot, after we had the date we did more training, I don't know if this counted as dating but still it was good enough for me.