Chapter 7

[Summerstripe's POV]

I looked at the sky. It was just about the be dusk. The patrol would be out soon but then I would be safe to go out. Robinheart knew to meet me by the gathering place tonight. I just had to tell him the exciting news. He didn't know that I was pregnant. Only Burninghope truly knew who the father was. The rest of the clan thought it was just someone in the clan. I had Flyblaze acting like he was the father. He also knew he wasn't the father. He just didn't know who the true father was. I watched as Cheetahpelt finished sending out the patrols before sneaking out and heading toward the gathering place.

It was only just finishing getting dark when I got there. I saw the ginger tom sitting there and I smiled as I saw him. There was one happy thing coming from this day. It was just less than a whole day since Flamefur died giving birth to her two kits. The clan was still in mourning and I figured I needed to tell Robinheart about that as well so he could tell Silverstar.

"Hello my love." Robinhear purred as he saw me. I purred back and licked his cheek.

"I have some news for you. One you will have to tell Silverstar but not right away. Just say you overheard it somehow." I said going to give him the bad news first and then tell him about the kits.

"Well, what is it?" He asked me with his eyes cautious to know what the news is.

"It's that Flamefur has died. She died giving birth to two kits. Their names are Spokenkit and Nightkit. I just thought that Silverstar would like to know about that since she was his sister." I told him shifting slightly. I saw his look turn into a more sad one.

"He's lost both of his sisters now. I'm sure he'll be upset about that. What is the other news? You told me at the gathering to meet you hear on this day. I'm sure you didn't come to tell me that she was dead that far in advance." The tom chuckled and nudged me. I smiled and leaned against him for a moment before pulling away.

"I want you to guess. It's something really, really important." I told him with a huge grin. His face turned to a more confused one and he titled his head.

"Can you please tell me, Summerstripe? I don't know what it is." Robinheart said quietly looking into my eyes. I just nodded.

"Sure. I can tell you." I paused for a moment and blinked my eyes. "I'm pregnant! You are going to be a father!" I purred. Robinheart's eyes widened at the mention of that news nearly jumped for joy.

"I can't believe it! What does your clan say? What did you tell them?" He asked me.

"They are proud of me. Only Burninghope knows the truth but I have Flyblaze covering for me and acting like the father. I'm so happy." I purred and sat with him until I was too tired to stay.