Chapter 12

[Flamebreeze's POV]

Frecklepaw had recently died but the other two apprentices in the clan had passed their warrior assignment. I told her my kits were six moons old today as well. She decided it would be good to make them apprentices either way as long as they were close to six moons old.

"All cats old enough to catch their own prey gather under the Lily Rock!" Lilacstar yowled for the clan.

The two apprentices left hurried out of their dens and so did my kits. I looked at them proudly while standing next to the leader. Today was the day. My apprentice, Sparkpaw, was finally going to be a warrior. She had done excellent on the assignment and so did her brother.

"We have gathered for two important reasons. The first will commence now. Sparkpaw, Nettlepaw. You have both done extremely well on your warrior assignment and it is time you both became warriors.

"Sparkpaw, from this moment on you shall be called Sparkwing for your quick running and ability to jump high. I hope you keep helping this clan out through the rest of your life!

"Nettlepaw, from this moment on you shall be called Nettleflash for your running ability. We thank you for your abilities and your contributions to this clan. I hope you continue to do them for the rest of your life." Lilacstar yowled. The rest of our small clan yowled the names of the new warriors. It was good.

"Sparkwing! Nettleflash!" I yowled along with the rest of the clan. I knew my kits' apprentice ceremony was next and I was already nervous. I was just glad three of them survived. Blossomkit had died from greencough but the others were fine.

"Next, I believe we have three kits that are at the age of three moons. Ashkit, Firekit, and Lightkit step forward." The leader said before waiting for the three kits to step up. I could hear their excitement in mumbles as they stepped up with their heads held up with pride.

"Ashkit, from this moment on until you receive your warrior name you shall be called Ashpaw. I will be your mentor. I hope to pass along the best abilities to you.

"Firekit, from this moment on until you receive your warrior name you shall be called Firepaw. Your mentor will be Misteyes. I believe she is capable of teaching you all that you need to know.

"Lightkit, from this moment on until you revive your warrior name you shall be called Lightpaw. Your mentor will be Nettleflash. I believe that even if he is a new warrior, he will be able to teach you the things he has learned throughout his apprenticeship so that you can learn them and pass them onto your apprentice when you have one." Lilacstar said before waiting for all the apprentices to go to their mentor. She touched her nose to Ashpaw and I smiled.

"Ashpaw! Firepaw! Lightpaw!" I yowled first but the rest of the clan soon followed me letting the apprentices bask in the glory.