Chapter 27

[Heartswift's POV]

I stayed with the two apprentices and I laughed as they were quickly beaten by the two of us. They barely lasted long enough to get an attack in. They were both sitting in front of us panting with their eyes wide.

"We told you we weren't going to go easy on you. You should have tried harder. Stop being so cocky in your abilities." I said flicking my tail.

My eyes were mainly on Riverpaw. He thought he could do anything and I was getting tired of it. He needed to show some more emotion and care about things. He always acted like everyone should bow to him because he was Midnightstar's kit. He needed to learn he wasn't the best. He was barely above the two kits we had.

"I'm sorry Riverpaw... I got confused and went the wrong way." Rainpaw said dipping her head to her brother. I looked at Leopardtail exhausted.

"Rainpaw, you did amazing. It wasn't you that was the fault. It was your brother. He needs to stop thinking so highly of his ability and actually work on them or he will be kill in the battle. He wouldn't last five heartbeats against Dark Forest warriors. They would be aiming for the weak first so that they don't have to worry about so many cats attacking them." Leopardtail said before glaring at Riverpaw. He matched my brother's glare with one of his own.

"Says you. I would last way longer than five heartbeats." Riverpaw said keeping his head held high challenging the tom.

"You sure about that? Would you be hiding? That's the only way I can think that you would last longer than five heartbeats. You aren't all of that that you think you are." Leopardtail nodded in the apprentice's face.

I smirked watching the two toms. I knew my brother would win this. He had a lot more anger than the apprentice had. He had so much built up from Aquaclaw's death and Daisywish's death. He wasn't someone to mess with.

"You sure about that? I know you aren't all of that that you think you are. What have you lost? I lost my mother and my sister to the Dark Forest! They aren't taking me." The tom hissed.

I remembered when Midnightstar had just given birth to her kits. The Dark Forest attacked very soon after they were born. Firestream was killed protecting Midnighstar and Wingkit died before another warrior could get there.

"I lost my own brother to the Dark Forest's leader. Everyone believed it was a SmallClan warrior that did it. I have lost my mate to kitting. I lost all three of her kits. My father has turned the cold shoulder to all of his kits after Flamefur died and yet I keep pressing on. When you learn real pain, come back to me and challenge me to a fight. I'll beat you easily." Leopardtail hissed before turning on his paw and heading back to the camp. I looked at the apprentices and my brother before following him.