Chapter 10

[Venomtooth's POV]

I woke up early in the morning for the dawn patrol. I saw Robinheart was just coming back into the camp. I imagined that he had been out for a morning stroll or something. It could have been as simple as he just couldn't sleep and decided to go and walk around the territory. I never knew with that tom. He was a little strange. I followed Brightfire and Tigerfur. We were going toward the TideClan's border. There was another patrol going out as well. Thorntail was leading it. Moonflash was going there with Honeyear. They were going to the LilyClan border.

We headed out of the camp and quickened our pace to go to the border. Brightfire said that we could do some hunting on our way back out the border needed to be checked first. I doubted that Duskstar would be wanting to start trouble with any of the clans at the moment. I had heard that the Dark Forest was trying to gain their forces so that they could attack us. No one had any clue on when they were attacking or how they were going to attack. We just knew they were coming for all the clans.

I had a few ideas on how they could do it. They could take over the smallest clans first. That would be EverClan, LilyClan, and us. Then they could work their way to the biggest clans. That would be SmallClan and DepthClan. DepthClan had the most cats in it but SmallClan was somewhat close. TideClan was a good clan in the middle of all the sizes. That could be something they were going to do. We had no clue how big their forces were either.

I doubted that they were going to do the same thing as they did last time. Last time they just attacked DepthClan with a small force. I bet that was just trying to gauge their power. They lost Spokenstar and Nightmoon too. That didn't seem to work out well from what I heard from Silverstar. The other clans came and helped them.

In my mind, it had to be something to take over all the clans quickly and efficiently. They would try to strike when we are the weakest. I would have thought that would be now. LilyClan and SmallClan were at war with DepthClan. EverClan was struggling to survive. We had only one queen and no apprentices. TideClan was doing fairly well but we didn't know a lot about what was going on over there.

Duskstar didn't like to publicize what his clan was doing. They also had no time at the last gathering with the other clans beginning to fight. I just knew they didn't have any kits at the moment but that was the most I knew. They had some apprentices and their warriors were doing fine. Snowingblaze wouldn't even tell me how the clan was doing and she was my sister. I just guessed they didn't want to give away their secrets.