Chapter 16

[Nightscare's POV]

I was trying to convince Cheetahpelt that we had to attack SmallClan now before they attacked us now. I was thinking that if I continued to ask either Cheetahpelt or Midnightstar it could actually happen. I just knew we had to attack them first.

"Nightscare, will you just shut your mouth for a moment? We are not going to attack SmallClan. Midnightstar needs you on a patrol to go there for a friendly visit. She is making rounds to tell the leaders something important." Cheetahpelt finally snapped at me. I cowered back for a moment before hearing him. I could see the other clans for a change. I hadn't ever seen TideClan.

"And what is that news?" I asked him with a small hint of curiosity in my voice. I couldn't held it! I actually wanted to go and see the other clans instead of being stuck inside this territory for the rest of my life.

"It's about the next attack of the Dark Forest. Now, are you coming or night?" A voice came from behind me which made me turn quickly. It was Midnightstar with a small group of cats behind her including Witheredsoul who didn't look exactly happy to be on the patrol.

"Yes, I'll come with you. I'm guessing we are going to SmallClan's camp first since they are the closest." I said before following her quickly as she headed out of the camp. I didn't want to be left behind and I wanted to know more about this attack.

"Yes, now are you going to stay right next to me the whole time are you going to go behind me like the rest of the warriors in this patrol?" She asked me shortly but I just blinked my eyes at her.

"Id rather be here. I want to know more about this attack." I said as I flicked my tail in excitement. This meant I could tear my claws into someone's fur and not worry about killing them since they were already dead!

"We can't attack them first if that's what you are trying to find out. We also can only scare them away. They get more deadly after they die for the second time. I'd rather not make more of them so that they can terrorize the clans more." Midnightstar said slightly lashing her long tail. I titled my head confused.

"What do you mean? I thought once they died again, they were gone forever." I said still confused. I had never heard of a Dark Forest cat coming back.

"They become Phantoms. That's what we are calling them anyways. They act like shadows with eyes. They can possess a cat for a period of time and the other cat's spirit will have to stay in StarClan until they stop. That's how Bluesnow died. She was killed because a Phantom named Malvago possessed her." Midnightstar explained to me making my eyes widen as much as they could.

"This is going to be hard." I whispered