Chapter 28

[Witheredsoul's POV]

I was out in the small clearing we had found together by the border of EverClan. Maplesnow was across me when I heard the familiar voice of someone close to me.

Witheredsoul! Come on! You have to hurry! The voice called out in my head. I flinched making Maplesnow look at me.

"Are you okay?" My best friend asked me carefully scared it would hurt me more.

Lostkit? What do you want? I hissed in my head before looking at Maplesnow. "Someone is in my head. She told me we had to hurry." I told him with a small wince as her voice came back loud and clear.

Tinyclaw! She didn't have time to get the two of you two mousebrains but I know she wants you there. She trusted me to get the two of you. Come on, we have to hurry. Doveflame is already there. The first kit is going to be born soon! Lostkit's loud voice hissed in my head and my eyes widened giving me another look from Maplesnow.

"What is it now?" The tom asked me as I got up quickly.

"Tinyclaw. Her kits. She's by the MapleClan border. Come on. I know where it is. We have to take the long way so we don't run into any patrols." I explained quickly as the other tom for up and hurried after me. We were going to have to go to no clan's territory so we didn't have to go through the other clans' territories.

"Is Doveflame with her? Why didn't she get us herself?" Maplesnow called from just barely behind me. I flicked my tail once as I turned left quickly going the direction that Lostkit was leading me.

"Yes, she's with her. The first kit is coming very soon. She didn't have the time to get us before they came. She could only get Doveflame before she was in too much pain that she woke up from the Dark Forest." I explained as I heard it from Lostkit. She directed me as I listened to Maplesnow rambling on concerned.

"How do you know all of this? A Dark Forest warrior wouldn't tell us this. How much longer anyways?" He asked with a small huff getting tired.

"I have a friend in StarClan. She is a spy in the Dark Forest and earned Tinyclaw's trust for us. She has been with me since I first learned about Tinyclaw's kits. We just passed SmallClan's territory so not much longer." I painted knowing that if we were in the territory of the clans we would be in LilyClan's at the moment.

"Has the first kit been born yet?" He asked me next. I listened to Lostkit in my head first before answering him.

"Not yet. A few more heartbeats and she will be coming though. Doveflame can't do this alone and she can't get anyone else from her clan. We are the only two that can help her now." I told him quickly hoping we could get there before the first kit was born.