Part 12

Just kidding! Gabe's not that dramatic.
    Actually, he got a hot dog and ate it on top of the library, sitting cross legged on the edge. A girl who fit the description of the small child from the previous chapter watched him. Her eyes, however, held even less emotion than when she was younger. They were as pale as a dead body and sent shivers down Gabriel's spine.
     The girl got a hotdog and headed inside the library. Soon, the sound of a heavy, old door announced her presence and she went and took a seat next to Gabriel, swinging her legs like a little kid over the edge of the roof and staring at the clear sky.
     "It's a beautiful day." She said. Her eyelashes were long, and seemed to naturally curl. Her hair was in one Dutch braid that laid over her left shoulder. She seemed to be about nineteen and had not a care in the world.
     "I'm Arie." She said, turning her head towards Gabe. She gave him a weak smile and sat up right, facing him. "So who the hell are you?"
     "Name's Sam." He lied, still not looking the girl in the eyes. She finished off her hot dog and stared over the horizon of buildings, homes, and trees that surrounded the town. Cars sped over the interstate that was somewhere off in the distance, creating a faint echo of noise.
     "It's so beautiful here." She nearly whispered. She turned to Gabe, sadness filled her eyes. "It would be a shame if you tried to jump here."
     "Jump off the building?" He looked at her. "No no, definitely no. I'm not here to die, I'm just running away from my problems."
     "Oh. Well, tell me about them." The two now sat facing each other, their legs crossed like kindergarteners. "Your problems, I mean."
     "There's this guy I like and he has a really protective older brother. He's really tall and has great hair and he's funny and smart and really fricken hot. I was messing with him earlier and I swear I came so close to kissing him and then his brother came in and it just...."
     "Cockblock?"
     "EXACTLY!!! The thing is I can't tell him to pis off 'cause my brother has a crush on him!"
     "Wow."
     "He probably doesn't even like me. He's more married to his work than me."
     "What's his work?"
     Gabe's eyes quickly scanned her. The hint of a tattoo peeked out from behind the edge of her dress. He could see the creases of where something was strapped to her legs: probably a knife. Her bag was full enough to hold maybe a few clothes and some books. Her eyes had deep bags and her hair smelled like salt. A gun took shape in one of the pockets on her bag.
     "He's a hunter."
     "What does he hunt? Deer or duck?"
     "Demons."
     In a flash, there was a knife pressed to his Adam's apple, but he showed no fear, only annoyance.
     "You can't kill an angel like that." He said, flicking the knife to the side. She carried a look of shock.
     "Holy shit, your an angel! Oh my god, I'm so sorry I didn't even know! Sorry, at this point, it's instinct."she babbled.
     "Don't sweat it, kid. Any who, shall we continue the conversation or..?"
     "No! No, go ahead, say all you wanna say."
     "Anyways, they have this girl there that they've practically adopted as their daughter, though it's more Dean's."
     "Wait, Dean Winchester? As in Sam and Dean Winchester? The bad ass hunters who die an come back every year? Are you Castiel?"
     "No! I'm Gabriel."
     "The archangel?"
     "Yeah."
     She ran a hand over her hair. "Holy shit."
     "Yeah. Anyways, this girl can, like, see who's compatible and shit, and she won't tell me how compatible me and Sam are."
     A few blocks away, a giant clock tower struck one o'clock. Arie cussed under her breath and grabbed her knife, shouldering her dark red backpack.
     "Look, Gabriel, I have to go. But-" she took out a Crayola marker-the washable purple one-and wrote a series of digits on my arm. "-call me. 'Kay?" I nodded and she flew down the stairs, barely taking a minute to get out of the library doors.