Ch.4

"Sabrina, come on you've got to do something," the pasty vampire stood in front of me.

"I don't want to, Alexander." My childlike banter never went away with my 343 years. I always loved playing games and now that I look extremely young it suits me.

"How long have you known me, please call me Alex." Nearly eighty years but that didn't change much, he was still the vampire ass then too, but he couldn't help it. I knew he did care about things though he already showed me that.

I swing from the rope of my little cabin and tease the cold-blooded businessman,"As long as you don't call me a teenage witch again."

He always loved TV shows," Fine, but you need to get this done. My client is looking forward to this potion."

"Why can't people just do what I did," I say as I watch this pale well-dressed man turn upside down.

His brow raised and spoke,"You mean sell a soul to Lucifer to gain the witch's crest that is on your leg."

That little tattoo that covers my entire leg, powers my supernatural abilities,"Yeah, do your own dirty work," I flip off the swing and land on my feet," but it pays the bills." I walk to the nearby shelf full of colorful brews and potions and look through the carefully labeled products and find a pinkish solution and throw the bottle to the cold bastard. He catches the bottle and doesn't blink," That's the potion she wants, right, a love potion? I'm a witch, not a genie. Side effects and reversal are on the back of the bottle." I move to the brutish man, moving my hips seductively and puckering my lips in attempts to change his demeanor. I change to a cat and rub against his legs, him not questioning this, changing back to my normal self and danced my fingers across his shoulders.Feeling defeated I stop, " You really don't feel anything do you?"

He just looked sad, alone, cold,"No, not really the only thing I feel is negative. Why?"

Shocked I spout out," No, reason just trying something, research you know."

"You need to stop this. I'm fine the way I am." He knew I always tried to fix things, that was my flaw.

Angrily I defend my intentions, "But you're not happy, are you?"

"It doesn't matter about my happiness." He had given up his life. Tired of the experiments, tired of the lost hope. " I'm going to go now. She'll want this before the end of the day." He grabbed his umbrella at the door and walked out of the door.

He knew my intentions, but he never stopped me before but now he isn't like before. I've seen him at his worst but this was a new low. Luckily I got what I wanted, all I need to do was to get some of his hair and I got it. I hated to sneak around him like that but I knew he wouldn't want to keep losing hope.

Ever since I meet him at the beginning of World War 2, he had a hard time being more. It was his vampiric blood that made him cold. He had feelings but he couldn't show them he couldn't be happy or sad his face is just still. It was like that when he was buried and it stayed that way. I've fixed other vampires with weirder problems but his heart, when he died he was sad and it will stay like that till I can change it. I still remember that night in Venice. The night he told me he liked me, but that was a different time. We were at war and I couldn't lose someone I cared about so I shut him out, that only made him worse. I want to fix my mistakes, but this one will take time I don't have.

I drop the hairs in the cauldron and poured one of my special brews one that will extract his memories and I'll have to attempt to find the happy memories before he died. That will be one part and I still have a few weeks till that flower blooms, and a few hours till the brew takes effect. I think I'll go see Max haven't seen him in a few days, never know what that wolf'll do.