Ch. 19

Long days to others seemed like minutes to me, we didn't spend every second with each other because we both have lives and that's just unhealthy for any relationship to spend that much time with one another, but I finally got to see his place. 

For someone who didn't like to keep to himself, you wouldn't know it from his apartment. It looked dusty and cramped, but with a homey undertone beneath the twenty-year-old lazy-boy and the even older light fixture. I always loved being there though, he'd tell me stories of his life when I went over to his place, I enjoyed it, I'd lay on his lap look him in the eyes and he'd pat my head and tell me stories, some seemed too crazy for me to believe, but I guess he had to keep it interesting. I noticed he'd never tell me stories when he went to my place it was always a tv or a movie, dinner, sleep. I'm not worried about it cause he's always so serious. Which I like but it's hard to tell when he wants to open up and tell me something that bothered him. I just want him to be happy.

From all the stories I heard from him, his life hadn't been easy, besides the werewolf thing, he's lost so many people he's carried about but he never decided to change back to leave. What kept him going? Could he settle for me? I know I can't ask him to do that for me, not yet. I'm sure he wants to find that special person and I hope that's me, but it's hard to even tell what I'm going to do after this. If I leave what will happen, I can't forget this and I don't want to. I still think of that night that he protected me and what he did, he must've known I was there. His senses were so strong he knew I was there he must have. Is he scared he's going to hurt me? I don't know anymore, he had a choice show me or not. But he complicated it even more by telling me how he feels. I'm just trying to be a good boyfriend and I worry about the stubborn bastard. 

My plans with my parents and the others got finalized and he's going to meet them. Max is worried cause it's during the full moon, and when it's within three days of it, he has extreme pain and apparently howls, we couldn't reschedule because my parents won't be there for the next month and I don't want to be stressed about a visit in the middle of the semester. He is bringing some silver chains and some pills to keep him asleep, I'm not happy about this. I don't want my boyfriend doped up and meeting my parents, I'm also scared. I've only seen two of his three "forms", he tells me this is his scariest one. He describes himself as a complete animal completely deprived of his emotions or to entuned with them: His first form was the first one I saw, the only difference between him and his other form is the bone positions and hair, but he has a lot of that anyway, the second was his complete beast form where he looked like a wolf, and the third is supposed to look like a mixture between the two. 

The full moon was on a Sunday and we are leaving Sunday, I'm really worried about this. At least I have one thing to keep my mind pre-occupied before then, Max asked me out on our first date. I'm normally the one nervous about us, but him asking was like he had grasshoppers underneath his clothes. He was nervous cause he asked in front of Sabrina and Alex at IHOP. I just smiled and kissed him on the cheek and said yes.

He was persistent that I not know where we are going, which is bothering me cause I don't know how he wants me to dress.