Ch.17

My mind was blank when I woke up. I only felt a slight chill on my legs and warmth in my chest as I woke up to an amazing sight. Mason was smiling when I woke up. I sat up and I was light headed, he caught me and kissed my cheek.

"It's good to see you awake."

"Good to be awake," I said and I felt my cheeks blush. I leaned in and put our heads together and my hand on the back of his neck, while the other rested in his hand.

I was startled to hear Sabrina's voice as she said,"You can kiss him I won't mind," she shifted from the wooden beam she was leaning on, to the couch," I'm just glad he isn't being too awkward around me."

Mason just chuckled and kissed me so hard that we fell on the floor, he laid on top of me putting his head under my neck. I pushed him off and put him in a headlock and said," Come on, I know you can get out of this."

He just struggled and said," Yeah, but I'm not breaking your arm. Come on let go."

I saw Sabrina laugh and my chest filled with a new heat, something I hadn't felt in awhile pure happiness, maybe even more powerful than that. "Give it all you got Mas-," he wrapped his legs around my waist and kneed my elbow, sliding his neck from my grasp and putting me into the same position.

He said, breathing heavily,"That all you got?"

"Not at all," I said as I kicked his foot and he fell forward along with me able to move my pinned arm under his strong grasp and pull away. He laid there for a second just laughing and I soon joined him, I moved over to him and flipped him over, I said," I win," and firmly planted a kiss on his lips.

"Now if that wasn't cute two boys fighting over me," Sabrina chimed in.

"Yeah, he doesn't swing that way," Mason kissed me and teased me with a slight flicker of his tongue against my teeth," I've made sure of that."

She just put her hand up to her eyes and said,"Ok, get a room, guys."

I picked up Mason teasing him as well as Sabrina,"If you insist."

"I don't need that image," Sabrina said as she walked over to the near empty fridge, she never had that thing stocked.

"Yeah, put me down Max this isn't funny anymore," Mason said pushing against my chest. I repeated the phrase of if you insist, and dropped him on the floor, he said," Your an ass, I didn't mean literally."

I leaned over and whispered," Need me to kiss it all better?"

"Just help me up," he said frustrated. I put my hand down and pulled him up, he thanked me and I accepted it by wrapping my arms around him and kissing his cheek. "You're not fixing this that easy," he said still frustrated.

I just stayed like that and said," You might be right but doesn't hurt to try."

"Yeah but I'll show you how to fix it later," he said escaping my attention and winked at me. I just watched as he walked away.

He met Sabrina at the fridge and grabbed a grape soda and sat on the bar stools. I didn't know what to do now, I just had woken up and the only thing I could think of was lunch. I patrolled around the kitchen and waited for an opening at the fridge, but when I was able to get to the fridge or the pantry it was nearly empty, beside a jar of marmite.

I felt my stomach rumble and my voiced cracked as I said,"I'm so hungry."

Mason turned around and said,"Ok, well what are you going to do about it?"

Sabrina chuckled and said,"Mason, don't tease the big fur baby."

"Yeah, yeah I'll just go and get something for myself," I said knowing the response from Sabrina.

"Now we didn't say we weren't hungry."

"Yeah come on Max that's not funny," Mason chimed in.

I put my arms around his waist and said," Just like it wasn't funny teasing me," I leaned in close to his ear and whispered," last night."

His cheeks blushed red while he whispered," Yeah, but you enjoyed last night."

I saw Sabrina pouting over in the corner," No fair, I don't have super hearing like Max."

"Get over yourself, if I wanted to know I'd tell you," I said as I slid my hand across Mason's lower back.

"Yeah, in fact, I don't really want to know."

Mason leaned his head back while I held him up, our position almost like a ballerina as he said," Yeah, you really don't." He sat up, I let go of him and he sat on top of the counter and finished asking my question," Ok, so what do you want?"

"Why, you paying?" I asked quizzically. Even though I knew he had money I wasn't going to make him pay.

"Well, it's not like it matters to me," he looked me in the eyes," it's not like any of us are poor." Sabrina and I looked at Mason with both confusion and shock for what he said."What? You are both over 250 years old you'd think that you'd learn how to draw a check from the government or even keeping the money you earned, and my parents are rich so I just draw mine a little closer to home," he said so matter of factly that it just surprised me. He might have been a cocky twenty year old, who definitely was a pain some of the time but he never seemed this confident, maybe he had too, to say something like that. He wasn't wrong I owned stocks in major companies, as well as I have plenty to keep myself afloat, in a private yacht or a fleet of them.

"Well, I can't disagree with that logic," I said still shocked.

"Great, I saw an IHOP on the way here," he walked to the door," I want pancakes." He looked backed and waved us along and shut the door.

I looked at Sabrina and asked," What did you do?"

"I don't know," she looked at me," Why do you ask?"

"I'm strangely turned on," I finished and hurried towards the door.

"Perv."