Ch. 7

I woke up that morning on top of Mason, the two of us in nothing but our underwear and tee-shirts. Oh god, I hope I didn't do something I'll regret. I can't remember anything of last night, all I remember was Mason getting out of the shower. I hope he doesn't think less of me if I did do something. I might as well prepare myself, or at least an apology breakfast. I was thinking eggs and some bacon, surely he'd have something I could deal with. I was careful to not wake him, he slept with a coy smile on his face and his arms around me like I was some teddy bear. I moved off him and put the covers back over him, he shifted onto his side and I checked the time and his alarm. It was 7:37 and if I was going to make breakfast I'd better hurry because he seemed to wake up at 8:30.

I grabbed my pants off the floor and walked into the cold, empty room, my feet touched the cold hardwood floors and I began to shiver. I walked towards the kitchen with a beautiful granite countertop at the center, decorated with new appliances around the open area. I moved myself around the spacious kitchen familiarizing myself where every utensil, pot, pan, and dish went. I liked knowing where all the things I needed was before I begin. I opened the two door refrigerator to see a variety of foods to experiment with. I grabbed the eggs and bacon and put it on the counter. I looked at that countertop and realized this was to little, I needed to do more for him. I grabbed some bread, cinnamon, and Captain Crunch cereal. I quickly grabbed a mixing bowl, a cutting board, and a sharp knife from the nearby cabinet and drawers.

I was ready to make some damn good French toast, I whisked four eggs together, added some cinnamon and some finely chopped cereal into a mixing bowl. The aroma of deliciousness filled my lungs and seemed to glide across the room under some trance. I put the bacon in a pan and turned on the gas oven, watching the sizzle and pop of the grease marinate the bacon and fry it into perfection. After the bread had soaked in the brew of childhood delight I set the bread into the grease letting the flavors absorb into the bread one by one each more tempting and delicious than the last. With the cooking done, I set the food aside and started to clean my mess up and heard the mind-numbing, annoying alarm and heard the moans of the sleepy kid in the bedroom. I kept cleaning washing away the mix into the sink, not thinking about it I heard the quiet footsteps of Mason. I began to speak up, but before I could he put his arms around my neck and kissed me on the cheek and softly dug his head into the base of my neck. I was flabbergasted, the kid I only knew for less than a day kissed me.

My mind rushed to find any solution but I was blank. My only thoughts were of the blank memories of last night. What had happened? Before I could show any reaction he yawningly spoke up, saying," Morning." I returned the greeting still in shock of what had happened. "You ok?" he asked, I only could nod, I was speechless, "Ok, making sure," he wrapped his hands around mine, preventing me from finishing what I had started," You can stop that, I'm hungry."

I turned around and finally got some words out of my mouth," Well it just came up," poor choice of words because what he did next absolutely shocked me.

He moved his hands from mine and put them on my hips , his fingers resting on the bottom of my back. He looked down at my pants and looked back into my eyes, a slight twinkle in his, he said," I'll say, it looks delicious," he pulled me in close and kissed me. I was all for this but it made me curious about what happened last night, but before I had a chance to ask he pulled himself away and turned around looking at the food. I was wanting more information and more of him, I put my arms under him , locking my fingers around his diaphragm and resting my head on his shoulder.

"I'm going to ask you something and explain something, ok?" he shifted around looking up to look at me in the eyes, my fingers still locked but now where he rested a moment ago.

"Anything you want?" he said slowly letting every word soak in.

"First off, I'ma say this so I don't mess this up," I shifted my vision to notice him biting his lip," I don't remember most of last night. I have to take this sleeping medicine and it kinda messes with my memory before I take it," not completely wrong, it does mess with my memory but it also brings out any hidden emotions.

"Oh!" he pulled away," I must have scared you then when I," he fell silent and put his arm behind his head. I leaned in and kissed him, hoping to elevate some tension between us.

"A pleasant surprise," I smiled and he just looked down still embarrassed, but happy.

"Well, I went to help you up, after I got out of the shower, and my towel slipped and you saw me naked for a moment. After that you kissed me, I really liked it, so we started making out. After that, we went into my room still making out you told me to, "he paused for a moment to cough and started trying to imitate me,"' put some clothes on cause I'm not going to sleep with someone naked'" he said and slipped out of the accent and started talking normally and laughed a little," and so I did and you undressed after that we got in bed you said something like," still trying to imitate me,"' Let's get this sleepover started,'" he laughed again, me just smiling, he continued," I asked what did you want to do and you kinda just walked your fingers across my thigh like this," he stopped and danced his fingers across my hand," and you said,' What to do,'" he stopped and put his arm on his other, he finished saying," I got kinda upset and called you a jerk you apologized and when I accepted it, you fell asleep on me," he shifted his hand to put it on his head again" sounds kinda fake doesn't it?"

I laughed a little, put my arms around his hips," Not at all, to me it sounds kinda romantic," I leaned into his ear and whispered," and that's why I know it's true." I started kissing his neck and felt our bodies come together, in perfect unison our hearts beating together, our movements synchronized down to the millisecond, our lips together we stayed till we ran out of breath and even longer.

We finally stopped, mentioning how the food was going to get cold. We began to eat always keeping eye contact and watching as his eyes glistened from looks at me to looks at the food. This kid was something he had his priorities elsewhere, the only thing he wanted was food and me, I suppose. By the time we got done he had to go, but that didn't stop me from moving in, stealing a few more moments of romantic perfection. He finally had to go and with one more kiss he asked me a favor, he asked me to stay till the moving company came. How could I refuse a few hours alone in a nice place like this, besides I didn't have anywhere else to be?