Mind and Matter

Title: Mind and Matter
Author: ginawriter

Having grown up with above average intelligence and an affinity for analysing people's personalities, Emerson has always had trouble fitting in.

Leo, on the other hand, knows exactly what it feels like to fit in. But after his father sends him to live with his grandparents in a small Maryland town, he makes a commitment to alienate himself from everyone.

His plans are rather simple: survive senior year and never see this town again afterwards.

That is until the girl with the curly hair catches him smoking one day in September and becomes the key to turning his life around for the better. And until the guy with the cigarette and a contradictory amount of optimism and disappointment in life helps her see the world in a point of view she never realised she needed.

And so it turns out that when mind meets matter, it's not always one over the other.

My Opinion:

it's crazy because i was supposed to learn the whole biology syllabus today for the gcse exam i have in two days, but i chose to read the entire book instead because i couldn't put it down. i just couldn't.

i don't really know how to explain my feelings for this book. i just finished reading it, and it's so so beautifully written. the characters are so amazing and the whole plot is very different.

i don't know how to put this into words which actually mirror the essence of the book, but it's so so amazing. the simple gestures, nothing extravagant, made my heart leap and frolic and it was truly refreshing to read a book which didn't have the typical bad boy and naive, humble girl who wasn't even aware of a lipstick being a thing. it was amazing. i really really recommend this book because it delves deeply into a teenager's life at different points. there are different struggles which each character goes through, from being the middle child, to marriage issues, abuse, insomnia, addiction, a little bit of bitterness from the past and heartbreak. it's honestly so beautiful and no matter how many times i say it, it isn't enough.

I just finished it but i'm already eager to read it again because it's so so nice and brings joy to my heart.

it doesn't start off with a bang bang like other books where the bad boy maybe ends up in jail and the good girl skips for the first time and other cliche crap like that. it's slow to start, super realistic and relatable, and i really recommend it to all of you!

If you're looking for a book which is refreshing, different, realistic and super romantic and cute, Mind and Matter is the one! also, one of my favourite things is having the book in both perspectives, and this book having both Leo and Emerson's pov makes it all the better!

i recommended another of the author's books called 'lifeguard' earlier on and i can't wait to read her other books since she's so skilled and her writing is so effortlessly beautiful

leave me a comment to let me know what you thought of it, and maybe we can fangirl over the amazing characters who i honestly just wanna buy