-2-

After about thirty minutes of rambling about "guys", Evelyn was finally allowed to leave to go to her place at the the corporation. Yeah, for all you who thought the boss was evil, YOU'RE WRONG! She just really enjoys talking about...*clears throat* men. Sorry, there's something wrong with me. Evelyn's job was to tour people around the building and explain to them why they live in the sky and what the earth used to be like, but she wasn't allowed to tell them what the purpose of the corporation was. It was hard because there were a lot of people who asked about it, and she couldn't tell them. But in all honesty, she didn't know either, and everyone she asked didn't know, except the head of the corporation and close associates. Today was slow. Evelyn and her friend Jordan were the tour guides, but hardly anyone showed up. Jordan was a red head with bright green eyes, freckles splattered across his face, and he had glasses but he hardly wore them. Unlike Evelyn, he was completely human.
"Hey Jordan?"
"Yeah Evey?"
"Do you know why they don't tell us about their intentions for this company?" She asked, and he sighed.
"I told you I don't know, and its none of our business to know either. We are tour guides, not detectives." Ugh, same answer as always.
"Yeah, but, we don't really need to preserve earth! And if it isn't bad, then they shouldn't have a problem telling us!!"
"Shh,shh, don't be so loud. They'll hear us and get us fired."
"Oh yeah? Well if they have bad intentions here, I want no part In it!"
"Evelyn, plea-" Before he could finish, a group of people walked in, obviously tourists.
"Why hello everyone! You here for the tour?" Evelyn asked, glad to finally be doing something. The congregation just nodded and a shorter female robot spoke up.
"We already prepaid for this so..."
"Oh, alright! Come with me then and we'll get started!" She replied. All these people are in the same group? Jordan looked at her, just as confused as her. She just shrugged, then continued with the tour. She walked then stopped at a hologram of earth.
"This here is earth, the planet we are living above. No-"
"Why don't we live there anymore?" A mediocre blonde man interrupted.
"I was just getting there, sir. We don't live there BECAUSE a huge plague swept across and killed about half the population."
"What does it look like down there?" The man continued.
"What's your name sir?"
"Michael."
"Well Michael if you let me talk you might actually know." He glared daggers back at Evelyn, and she just smirked. "It's all dead, abandoned. A wasteland. Because there were no humans down there to tend to it, its soil is black and decayed, no sign of life anywhere."
"How do you know that? We can't go down there correct? So how do you know?" He questioned. Evelyn paused for a moment. How did they know that? Maybe a research team went down there? But then again, they would more then likely be killed or if they did survive, they will have to go through quarantine up here, but no ones been there recently.
"I'm sorry. I don't know how to answer that question." Evelyn replied.
"They being secretive to you too? If I were you, I'd quit your job as soon as possible." He suggested. Seriously?! Who does this guy think he is?! Evelyn simply ignored him and proceeded to the next corridor. The next exhibit was a giant pipe looking thing going straight down. It had a thick glass before it with a complex lock.
"This here is the only way down to earth safely, but as you can see, no one is allowed or even able to go into there."
"Have you ever wanted to go there?"
"...no. It's dangerous." Evelyn hesitated. Did she want to go there? No! Its certain death!! ..... Right? The man looked like he was lost in thought. About an hour later, she finished the tour, and surprising the man didn't talk the rest of the night. After that, there were no more tours the rest of the day. Another one of Evelyn's co-workers ran at Evelyn panicking.
"EVELYN!!!" Evelyn jumped.
"Megan! What's wrong?!" 😏😏😏(I may or may not have based this character off one of my friends.)
"My nephew, Kevin, is in the hospital and I just been notified that I should be there now! May you please cover for me and do my nightshift tonight?" She talked so fast it was almost hard to hear what she said, but Evelyn understood and nodded as Megan dashed out of the building. Evelyn sighed. Its gonna be a long night. The time came and everyone left, except Evelyn of course. She was  given a flashlight to patrol the building with. She looked around the dark building,which was way scarier in the dark, and felt shivers go up her spine. A faint CLAINK was heard down the hall. Evelyn tensed up, but slowly walked over to the sound. She's watched enough horror movies to know NOT to call out to it. The sound led her to the pipe from earlier, and Evelyn froze when she saw a figure standing by it, trying to get in.
"H-hey! What are you doing here?!" Evelyn interrogated. The figure spun around, revealing the man from the tour, Michael. He didn't respond. "I asked you a question!" She was now irritated, and not so much scared knowing who it is. Before she could do anything else, a metal object hit the back of her head, knocking her out.

"Sorry Evelyn."

A\N
Hey guys!!! Hope you like the story! Sorry if its crud, but I'm trying! If you have suggestions please notify me!! As always enjoy your day!!! Love you!!
Also sorry for the cliffhanger-ish ending.

I'm not really sorry😎