-5-

Dinner

Lovely. Yes, im hungry, but this is just a recipe for awkwardness, which I absolutely hate. I am having dinner with the leader of a cult, and I know it's not a date, but that doesn't stop me from feeling like it is!
"So," Damien spoke as we walked through the halls, breaking the ever so peaceful silence,"What would you like to eat?" He asked.
"You're my captor, you choose." Evelyn replied earning a frown from Damien. While yes she thought he was cute, that feeling faded away  when she found out who he really was.
"Come on please. Just give me a suggestion." He might have accidently said that a little too fierce and he noticed that when she dipped her head and walked at slower pace. He sighed and continued to speak."Look, I know you dont really like me cause im the leader of a cult and i kinda kidnapped you, but please dont think of me like that. Think of me as a friend, if that's not too hard to ask." She looked up at him and nodded, still not really wanting to speak. Okay, sassy but sensitive. Damien noted himself and continued to walk. Evelyn looked around, finally taking note of her surroundings. The hideout wasn't too scary actually... while,yes, it had cement walls and flooring, it had a few fish tanks here and there (though the fish were all robots) and a few grey couches. There were paintings mounted on the wall, all relics from when the Mona Lisa was created. Dear goodness thats old. Well, old or not it was still cool. Evelyn broke out of her trance when they came to a sudden stop, outside apparently.
"Umm..... Damien?"
"Wait here. I'll be right back." Damien let go of her wrist then walked some place. Evelyn walked over to the nearest wall and leaned against it.
"Hey, Evelyn?" Evelyn quickly looked up to see the familiar pink haired girl she grew to knew as Megan.
"Hi.... um, Megan."
"I, uh, came to say I am sorry, for lying to you. And for pointing my gun at your head." She apologized. Evelyn looked down at the ground, kicking a nearby pebble.
"I'm sorry too.... for kinda being rude and not letting you explain what was going on."
"We even then?"
"Yeah guess we are."
"Cool....." Then there was an awkward tension between the two. Megan decided to speak up."No one here is going to hurt you by the way. I know Shadow. He never recruits anyone disloyal or downright stupid. Yeah some people are jerkier than others, but they all have enough respect to not fight a young lady. Even if they did, it wouldn't be one that Shadow cares about."
"What do you mean 'cares' about? If he cared for me he wouldn't have kidnapped me in the first place."
"I've seen the way he treats you... he cares. For goodness sake, he's teaching you how to shoot a gun and now he's taking you to dinner. Why do you think he went out of his way to actually watch over you even though he could have easily said for one of us soldiers to do it?" She explained, and Evelyn sighed in defeat.
"Yeah okay... I guess I should start treating him better."
"That'd probably be a good idea. I better get going now. Cya!"
"Bye." Evelyn waved goodbye, and a few minutes later, Damien re-appeared. She looked at him and smiled.
"Alright, now how about we go get dinner?" He suggested.
"Sounds like a good plan to me!" Evelyn cheerfully replied as he grabbed her and they began walking again. They walked up to this tube like beam looking thing, also known as a teleporter.
"I'll usually ride my hoverboard to get to places, but since there's two of us, it'll make it easier just to use this." He smiled and motioned for her to step inside of it, which she did. He followed and soon they were transported to a fancy looking Italian restaurant. He stepped up to the glass door and opened it for her. She walked in and Damien followed, and almost immediately were greeted by a waiter.
"Hello. What may I get for you two love birds this fine evening?" he asked. Evelyn and Damien both blushed, but Damien shook it off and spoke up.
"A t-table for two please."
"Alright. Right this way." They followed the waiter to a small table in the corner next to a window. Their table was actually quite cute. It was circular with a thin white cloth covering it, decorated with a small vase in the middle and two candles on either side of the vase. Damien pulled one chair out so Evelyn may sit, then slid her up to the table and afterwards sat down himself.
"Any drinks?" The waiter asked.
"Just a water." Both Damien and Evelyn replied at the same time. The waiter nodded then left. Evelyn looked over at Damien and he met her gaze. Now it was just awkward.
"So, uh, thank-you for, um... taking me out tonight." Evelyn thanked.
"Well I can't just let you starve."
"I know. But you didn't have to do anything like this. And for that, I thank-you. I actually haven't been to a place like this before."
"Really? Wouldn't your parents take you out for your birthday or something?" He asked, and she looked away. He knew he had stricken a soft spot.
"Uh... well, actually... my mom died from a serious illness... and my dad-" She started, little tears forming in the corners of her eyes,"My dad wasnt the same kind man after that." She continued. Damien had a concerned look on his face. He reached out his hand and cupped her left check, his thumb wiping away a tear.
"I'm sorry to hear that, please don't cry. I'm sorry for bringing it up." He apologized and she wiped the rest of her tears away, causing him to retract his hand.
"It's fine. You didn't know." She assured as the waiter came back with the waters. They gave him the orders, well, damien ordered and Evelyn requested what he was getting since she didnt really know what was good and what wasnt.
"So... if you dont mind me asking, why are you the leader of a cult?"
"I've always wanted to return to earth one day and see its beauty, and when i grew older, i had suspicions against the government. I guess that drove me to finding this cult and joining. They saw great potential in me and nominated me the new leader after the previous one died."
"Oh."
"How'd you get a robotic arm?"
"When i was born, my left arm was just a stub. When i was about 6-7 years old, they decided to remove the stub and give me a new arm. They also found a problem with my heart and so they gave me a new one."
"Huh, cool." Soon after they ate their food that was served to them and they headed back to the base. Once they reached there, instead of walking into the main building, they walked into a smaller building probably the living quarters. They went in an elevator and Damien pressed the button to go to the top floor. Once they reached it, the doors opened revealing a house like place. There was a living room, bathroom, kitchen, and two bedrooms. So this is where he lives. Damien showed her where everything was and told her that the room closest to the kitchen was his, and the room next to it will be hers. She nodded and headed to her room. Her room was a dark blue color and her bed had dark purple checkered blankets over them. The room also had a desk, a closet, and a nightstand along with a small dresser. She looked in the dresser, and there were pajamas all her size. Guess he told them to tidy up this room a bit. Evelyn changed into pajamas then slipped under the nice cozy blanket.
guess this wont be so bad after all...

A/n
I ship those two so much :3