-12-

Black...
Everything's black...
.
.
Where am I?

Evelyn tried to move around, only to find out her arms and legs were tied up to a chair. She looked around the room, but she was only met with darkness in all directions. She heard a door creak open.
"Miss Evelyn Spaventa, never thought I'd be seeing you here like this."
"To who's honor do I owe this unexpected visit?" Evelyn snarled. She still couldnt see anything, but the voice did sound familar.
"You can hear, can't you? Take a guess." Evelyn pondered for a moment. It sounded like a man maybe in his late twenties.... it's sounds like someone I know... I only know a few people in their late twenties.
"Do I know you?"
"In a way, yes."
Well.... then theres only three possible options... but one of them is a girl so that cancels that out. Then that leaves two... My friend Jordan... or.....
"Jason Haul.... CEO of the EPC." Evelyn stated with confidence.
"Hey! You actually recognize me!" Jason gasped over dramatically. He walked in front of Evelyn, flipping a  switch so a light would somewhat illuminate the room. Of course it had to be one of those lights hanging in the middle of an interrogation room, y'know like you see in movies. Evelyn was blinded for a moment, but when her eyes adjusted, she began to see him. He had dirty blond hair in a low ponytail that hovered right above his shoulder. His dark green eyes and pale skin made you wonder if he was even human. He was tall, just a wee bit taller then Damien. He wore a white dress shirt with the top couple buttons undone and his sleeves were rolled up. He wore dark blue jeans with black tennis shoes. C'mon, he's the CEO, he's not gonna wear steampunk.... come to think of it hardly anyone in this story actually does. All the side characters that were hardly mentioned and Evelyn are the only ones Steampunk like.....just imagine all the random people are wearing steampunk stuff.
"So... as you can imagine," Jason started, beginning to circle around Evelyn,"You're here for a reason."
"Yeah no kidding." Evelyn rolled her eyes. Jason stopped, then bent down to Evelyn's ear.
"I wouldn't sass me if I were you." He whispered, then stood back up. "As I was saying, I have questions, and I expect you answer them....or there'll be consequences." He growled. Evelyn gulped, then nodded. "First things first.... what were you doing at the Shadow Cult's base?"
"Well for one, they arent really a cult. And to answer your question, I was doing many things. I slept there, met new people, had some food, joked around-" Evelyn began to list some things before Jason interrupted, and thank goodness he did because the next thing she was going to mention was that she learned how to shoot a gun.
"Ugh, not that! I mean, what was the main reason you were there?"
"Oh....I don't know honestly." Evelyn stated rather bluntly.
"You dont know?" He repeated, for he didnt believe her.
"Yeah. I mean I waaaaaaaas kinda kidnapped, so....."
"Why were you kidnapped?"
"How in the hay am I supposed to know?!"
"You seemed like you wanted to stay longer. You made that clear by shooting at my robots."
"They started shooting at me first, what was I supposed to do?"
Jason sighed, and decided to move on.
"Alright...then tell me.... What is your relationship with Damien Audet?"

~~~~~~~❤~~~~~~~

Damien was currently sitting on his couch, holding the gun he found on the ground. He was just staring at it, worrying about is to come for Evelyn. He knows she's not dead, that's why he's not sobbing right now, but he did know that she was kidnapped by the EPC, and that's pretty dangerous. Lyn appeared, glitching behind Damien. (yeah guys, she aint dead! just chill. she was simply erased from Evelyn's 'system'. well, i shouldnt say dead, Lyn's already dead, has been this whole story... i guess 'gone' then?) Finally, her glitching settled down a bit, and she walked in front of him. She kneeled down so she was eye level with him.
"Hey." She greeted, kinda depressed too. You see, for the past hour she has been trying to 'connect' to Evelyn again, so she can find her location. But it only resulted in her glitching like crazy, and sometimes shutting down for a little.
"How are you here? Shouldn't you be deleted? If not that, then with Evelyn?" He interrogated, to which Lyn frowned.
"I've been, indeed deleted. But only from her system.... remember I did program myself into you."
"Great now im stuck with you.... Can this day get any worse!" Damien threw his arms in the air.
"Look, hey, I miss her too. But we can't find her if you are gonna keep acting like a child!" It probably wasn't a good idea that Lyn raised her voice. Damien stood up, as well as Lyn.
"Me? Acting like a child? Well excuse me for actually caring about Evelyn!"
"What is that supposed to mean?!"
"You never cared for her have you?!"
"I do care for her!"
"Then why didn't you save her?!"
Lyn froze. Yep, that stabbed her through the heart...
".... I tried to save her."
"Oh? You tried. WELL YOU DIDNT TRY HARD ENOUGH!!! IF YOU TRIED, SHE WOULDNT BE IN THIS SITUATION!! FOR ALL WE KNOW, SHE COULD BE GETTING TORTURED!!! AND ITS ALL BECAUSE YOU DIDNT TRY!!" Damien yelled. Lyn hesitated before coming up with the right words.
"....none of what happened couldve been predicted, Damien. It is not any of our faults that Evelyn got kidnapped. We dont know what's happening to her right now, and I dont know about you, but Evelyn is one of the bravest\strongest people I know. She can handle this. So the real question in this situation is not who couldve done what, its who can handle this. Evelyn can, and im trying....Can you?"
Damien took a deep breath to calm down.
"Youre right.... now before we starting killing ourselves, let's find who took Evelyn, and beat the crud out of 'em." He stated, the anger welling up inside of.
"Now that's the Damien I know and hate!! C'mon let's get going!" Lyn ushered as they made their way out of their room and down the hall. They walked side by side not really saying a word to each other....yeah, they still hate each other, that hasn't changed. But for Evelyn's sake, they'll try to tolerate each other.
"So, how do you think we can do this?" Damien asked. "The EPC took her and they have over a thousand different buildings!! How will we find which one she is in?" He started panicking.
"That'll be easy! Thinking logically, they'll more then likely take her to the base more complex, which is headquarters. So, then we'll just have to find headquarters."
"You make this sound easy."
"I used to do this type of thing all the time. Now, do you have a laptop in your office?"
"Yeah... Speaking of my office, here we are." Damien opened the door to reveal his office, also the place He and Evelyn met the second time.
"Heh, I remember when you and Evelyn had that quite interesting conversation." Lyn snickered a little.
"Ha oh yeah! The look on her face when I told her I heard that she commented on my abbes!" They both started bursting out laughing.
"It's funny how she's so confident at times, then mention one thing, and she looks like a tomato trying to hide her face!!" Lyn pointed out. Damien nodded and then calmed down.
"Okay lets get on with this." Damien said, Lyn agreeing. They researched on the computer and eventually found head quarters.
"We should hack into the security system so we can find a way to break in." Lyn suggested.
"Thats a good idea, but there's one problem..." Damien stated. Lyn raised an eyebrow while looking at him. "I.... dont know how to hack into things." Damien stated rather emotionlessly. Lyn groaned.
"You're the leader of this gosh darn society and you dont know how to hack?!" She complained.
"Well sorry, I didn't know it was a requirement." Damien rolled his eyes. Lyn sighed.
"It's fine, just.. here." Lyn signaled for Damien to move out of the way, in which he did. She leaned down in front of the computer and started typing.
"Woah woah woah! How are you doing that?!"
"I hate to admit it but.... in a way, like you said, I'm a supercomputer, but not? It's confusing but just to summarize it, I can connect to all electronical devices."
"That's....kinda cool."
Lyn smirked. She kept typing, until....
"Yes! Did it!" Lyn exclaimed, doing a little victory jump while smiling brightly.
"Aww....You're adorable!" Damien teased about Lyn's temporary happiness. She instantly glared and crossed her arms.

"Shut up, and let's find Evelyn."

A/n
Two chapters?!
In one week?!
Say what!!!!????!!!