-11-

Enjoy the time with your friends while it lasts......
.
.
.
.
.
Evelyn wasn't satisfied with Lyn's answer. Sure she'll get to Know what she's talking about soon, but soon isn't today.
"Soooooo....... What now?" Check questioned, gradually getting bored.
"Uh.... Dunno. Evelyn, don't you wanna check on your bf?"
"Lyn, I thought you were my best friend."
"No no no! Not that! Best friend is "bff".... "Bf" is boyfriend."
"Oooooooooh...... That makes more sense."
Lyn slapped her forehead.
"Let's just go check on him." Lyn stated. "And, Aria?" Check hummed in acknowledgement. "How are they?"
Check somehow understood what she was asking and sighed before she replied to the question.
"Last I checked, not very well..... They miss you, Lyn."
Lyn nodded in response.
"Who are 'they'?" Evelyn asked the same question I bet all the readers were wondering. Check looked over at Lyn, having a look as to ask if it was alright to say.
Lyn sighed.
"We can't hide everything from her...." She said. Check nodded then looked at Evelyn.
"They... Are Lyn's family and friends. I... Am not from this time, that's how I know Lyn. We were friends before she died. And no, I'm not a thousand years old..... A friend of mine taught me about time travel stuff."
"Huh, cool."
There was a peaceful silence before Check received a text message. ( Yes they still have phones in the future. -_-)

"Meet me in my office ASAP." It was from Damien.
"Listen guys I gtg. See ya around." And she was off. Lyn and Evelyn shared a glance before they both shrugged.

~~~~~~~❤~~~~~~~

Damien was pacing back and forth behind his desk, worry written all over his face. (Not literally.) Check opened the door quickly but quietly shut it behind her, her breathes somewhat fast considering she ran.
"You needed me, sir?"
"Yeah, I did. Come over here." He commanded. Check obliged and walked up next to him. "You said the EPC attacked you, am I right?" He asked.
"That I did."
"Did you kill them all?"
"Unless somehow they can withstand explosions, yes I did."
"Alright then. Take a look at this." He replied, opening his laptop. Check stood shoulder to shoulder with him, now leaning forward to see the screen. On it, displayed red dots, which usually meant robots created by the EPC. However, it wasn't just a couple. There were thousands all in the same area, heading towards them. Check couldn't believe her eyes.
"Wh-what?! How?! How is this possible?!" She started to panic.
"I don't know. I was hoping you would tell me this was some sort of glitch like you used to when you were second in command here...."
Check sighed.
"Unfortunately those days are over, Damien. I have my own army-thing now. But let's not dwell in the past... We need to evacuate the building."
Damien nodded. He pressed the red button that would sound the alarm, but instead of the alarm sounding, the power went out.
"Damien, tell me you did that."
"I.... didn't."

~~~~~~~❤~~~~~~~

The power went out, darkness enveloped the area. Evelyn activated the flashlight on her arm.
"What's going on?" Evelyn was getting a little scared. Last time she was in a dark building with only her flashlight was when she was knocked out and taken here; she honestly doesn't want that to happen again.
"I'm just as clueless as you are, Darling." Lyn admitted, which didn't help Evelyn in the slightest. "Look, everything is going to be alright, okay? I'm sure our generator or whatever just blew a fuse."
"Yeah, you're probably right." Evelyn tried calming down.
"Let's try to find Damien." Lyn suggested and Evelyn nodded. They found a door and walked out. For some reason, no one were in the halls, probably because they were outside training. (Or because this book is really cliche.)
"....uh..."
Evelyn jumped at the sound of gunshots and screams. Oh no.....
"Lyn?!" She wanted to know she wasn't alone.
"Don't worry I'm here. Just listen to me and we'll try to find Damien, alright?" Evelyn took a deep breath and nodded.
"K... The gunshots came from the left, so go right."
Evelyn listened and walked right.
"Wait, stop." Evelyn stopped. Lyn looked in all directions, her eyes widened when she looked behind them. Robots... With red glowing eyes.
"Evelyn... RUN."
She ran. Guns fired in her direction, but she kept running. She took a sharp turn right and hid behind some boxes. The robots marched over to this area.
"Where did she go?" One robot asked, it's metallic voice was sure to send shivers down your spine. Another looked around.
"Over there behind the boxes."
Evelyn gulped.
This is it.
"No it's not, now listen. Let me take control, and I'll get us out of here."
Evelyn nodded, allowing her to take control. Lyn tapped on her temple and the whole process occurred again. Lyn took a deep breath and stepped into the open. She saw about ten robots standing in front of her, holding up their guns.
One robot looked confused. He scanned Evelyn.

U N I D E N T I F I E D.        P E R S O N
R E A D I N G S.      S H O W.......

M / /      / / / /      J / / / / / /

F O R M E R          W A N T E D.         C R I M I N A L
D I E D.        F R O M       S U P P O S E D.     S U I C I D E
I N.     T H E.     2 1 C E N T U R Y
H I G H L Y.      D A N G E R O U S.
K I L L.     A T.      A L L.       C O S T S.

"What are you waiting for? Go ahead and shoot me already!!" Lyn challenged.
"She is dangerous. Kill her." One robot announced. The began shooting. Lyn pulled out a gun and shot the leader robot in the face. She ran to the side of the wall and did a wall jump thing over the robots. She landed on the other side of them and began running. The robots chased after her. While running, she aimed backwards and shot at the robots. One by one the began to die out, but when Lyn thought she killed them all, more came. She looked back, shot some more, then faced forward to keep running and reload her gun. She shot some more, but when she looked forward again, she was met with a taser. The robot tased her in the arm, causing all of her robot parts to Malfunction. Lyn collapsed on the ground and Evelyn was instantly back in control.
Lyn? Lyn what happened?!
No response.
Lyn?!
She called out...
But nobody came. Lyn was gone, and Evelyn was left alone. She tried to push herself up, but the robot only pushed her back down, and shortly after, it pistol whipped her. It was about to kill her until....

N E W.       O R D E R :

T A K E.       E V E L Y N.       S P A V E N T A
T O      T H E      N E W
C O N C O R D I N E N T S
F O R.     I N T E R R I G A T I O N

E L I M I N A T E
T H E.       C R I M I N A L
S H E      C A L L S
" L Y N "

The robot nodded as he pressed a setting on Evelyn's arm to delete any extra software.
"Take her away." It commanded. The other robots started dragging her away. Soon enough the rest of the robots retreated away, leaving the Shadow Cult to be. The soldiers were puzzled. Damien was among a group of his followers and he looked back at them
"You guys alright?" He asked, to which they all nodded. Check walked up to him.
"Why did they just leave?"
"I.... Don't know. Maybe they took someone.... Oh no..." Damien began to panic.
"What is it?"
"Where's Evelyn?!" He yelled and began to run.
"EVELYN!!!!" He called out, but to his dismay, there was no reply.
"EVELYN!!!!" He called again. Again no response. He kept calling, searching......but there was no one.
"EVELYN!!! PLEASE!!!" His voice cracked towards the end. He kept walking until he almost tripped over something. He looked down at the object.......

It was the gun he gave her.

There was a small pool of blood it was laying in. Tears formed in his eyes as he dropped to his knees.
"No..." He chocked.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

........... because you'll never know what'll happen.

A/n
Sorry not sorry.
>:3