-7-

(dont listen to the song yet, wait untill I say so. Thanks! :))

Damien ended up having a video meeting with Checkers, and he made sure he was more intimidating. Evelyn sat next to him, putting in her input sometimes, which in the end, allowed Damien to get his way.
"And here I thought you were gonna have a panic attack." Damien said after the meeting ended.
"I used to talk to people for a living, that and things are a less intimidating when things are in a screen. Not to mention you were right here next to me." Wait.... Oh my gosh did I just say that? Both blushed. Damien tried making it less awkward by speaking up.
"Uh, well duh! I'm pretty scary... Heh... Uh, this just made it more awkward..."
"Yeah....." Evelyn agreed.
"Wanna...uh, do something? Like, walk around town or something?"
"Sure!"
Smooth Evelyn. Now you got yourself a date.
It's not a date!
You sure about that?
..... No?
Do you want it to be?
N-no!!
You can't lie to me Evelyn! I'm inside your brain.
Well, I don't....
Still can't lie to me.
Ugh! Fine! I want it to be a date, happy?
Yes~
I'm.... Planning on confessing tonight too....
Wai-what?!
Is that bad?
No that's great! I just.. thought Damien would be the one to confess. And are you sure you're ready for that? I mean, you almost got... *Ahem* you know... Earlier today.
Yes I'm sure.
But you just met him yesterday.
Sounds like someone's making excuses.
Am not! I'm just worried for you.
Or you're jealous.
Jealous? Me? Nah
Uh-huh sure.
Well.... I'll assure you I'm not jealous....
But?
I-....... It's nothing. Just remembering things....
Oh....
Well have fun on your date! Oh! And completely forget me while you're at it!
Why would I do that?
I don't know.... To end my suffering.
Lyn, I won't ever forget you. You're my bestie! And I love you.
Wow, I'm touched.  Lyn pretended she was wiping away a tear.
Don't ruin the moment.
I'm not..... Love you too.
Evelyn smiled.
That's the first time you said that to me.
Aw too bad. Don't get too emotional about it. Or that'll be the last time you hear me say it.
Heheh you care. I thought you were incapable of that!
Just get going on your date already!
"Evelyn? You coming?" Damien was already at the door, waiting for Evelyn. Lyn started dying laughing.
Dude he....*chokes* must think you're crazy...HA!..i-i can't*WHEEZES* Lyn fell onto the floor, still laughing her butt off. Evelyn blushed out of embarrassment, and nodded following Damien. They exited the building and teleported to the city of Novella. Novella was like the steampunk version of Paris, so, I'll leave that to you guys to imagine it. Damien grabbed Evelyn's hand and intertwined their fingers. Evelyn looked at their hands and blushed, but it died down. (I like it how these two are just ignoring the fact that they witnessed a guys death earlier. They be like,"oh it's no big deal! I need to focus on my lover more than a guy bleeding out in front of us... Eh, someone will clean it up later" XD... Sorry I just thought of that and needed to let you guys know... Me and my bad narrating skills.) They walked down the streets, the stars illuminating above them. Evelyn stared up at them. Damien looked down at her seeing her eyes filled with the stars. She's so beautiful. He smiled then looked at the stars himself.
"You like the stars?" He asked. She looked up at him and smiled, then looked back up to the stars.
"Yeah. They remind me about the beauty out there, and it allows me to escape reality. Do you?"
"Hm?"
"Do you like the stars?
"Well... I like to think of them as a reminder. That with every dark time we face, there are brighter times." He stated. Evelyn nodded in agreement. "Wanna get some ice cream?" He asked.
"Heck yeah I do!" She exclaimed. Damien chuckled.
"Alright. Theres one shop Down this road I believe."
"Well what are we waiting​ for?! Come on let's go!!" Evelyn began running and so did Damien. They both were smiling and laughing as they reached the cute tiny shop. They walked op to the glass.
"What flavor would you like?" Damien asked.
"CHOCOLATE!!!! THE FLAVOR OF EVIL!!!" Evelyn jumped, and Damien just laughed at her enthusiasm.
"Two chocolates please." He told the lady. She smiled and nodded and began scooping the ice cream. He paid her then she gave them the wonderful delights.
"Welcome to the dark side." Evelyn muttered as she saw his flavor of ice cream. He smiled.
"Silly. I was already on the dark side." He replied as they walked out of the building.
"Ha! Oh really~ I don't remember seeing you in the Death Star, young one."
"I could say the same about you, young Jedi Knight." He replied and she gasped.
"How did you know my identity!"
"We Space Troopers are smarter than we look." He boasted.
"Ha! But you can't see to be able to shoot anything!"
"We can shoot we just can't hit our targets."
"Mhm sure." Damien looked down at his watch.
"We should start heading back."
"Alright." By this time they finished their ice cream and now they're back at Damien's place. They both sat down on his bed. They talked for a bit till Evelyn noticed something.
"You play?" She asked, pointing to the guitar leaning against the wall.
"I used to. Not so much anymore though."
"Hm."
"What?"
"May I play it?"
"Uh, sure." He grabbed the guitar, handed it to Evelyn, then sat back down.
"So uh please don't judge. I haven't played in forever, and I like to sing songs that mean something to me right now."
"Okay." He replied. She took a deep breath and strung some chords.
(Okay play the music now.)
She was nervous, but that didn't stop her.

"Merrily we fall
Out of line, out of line.
I'd fall anywhere with you
I'm by your side.
Swinging in the rain
Humming melodies
We're not going anywhere until we freeze.

Damien looked at her intently, listening to every word she sang.

I'm not afraid
Anymore
I'm not afraid.

Forever is a long time
But I
Wouldn't mind spending it by your side.

His eyes widened as he realized what this song was meant for. A confession.

Carefully we'll place for our destiny
You came and you took this heart
And set it free.
Every word you write or sing
Is so warm to me
So warm to me
I'm torn
I'm torn
To be right where you are.

One tear escaped her eye, and he wiped it away. She mentioned everything she said right? Yeah.

I'm not afraid
Anymore
I'm not afraid.

Forever is a long time
But I
Wouldn't mind spending it by your side.
Tell me everyday
I get to wake up to that smile.
I wouldn't mind it
At all
I wouldn't mind it at all.

Evelyn smiled, so did Damien.

You so know me
Pinch me gently.
I can hardly breathe.

Forever is a long long time,
But I
Wouldn't mind spending it by your side
Tell me everyday
I get to wake up to that smile.
I wouldn't mind it
At all
I wouldn't mind it at all.

As she finished, both of them were on the verge of tears.
"I'm uh.... Sorry if you d-" Evelyn was cut off when Damien rapped his arms around her waist, pulled her close, and collided their lips. She was shocked at first, then gave into it.

A/n
:3
I'z finished two chapters today.
Hope you enjoyed this!!! Bye peeps!!!