-9-

"Evelyn... Wake up." Damien's soothing voice almost made her just want to fall back to sleep. She groaned.
"Another five minutes...."
"You said that five minutes ago. You also said it five minutes before that so enough sleeping in, you have a big day today."
"What makes you say that?"
"Get up and find out."
"Ugh, fine." Evelyn slowly sat up while Damien helped her stand up, seeing that Evelyn was still more than half asleep. He walked out of her room and closed the door behind her. She picked out clothes that seemed identical to what she was wearing the past few days. She took a nice warm shower, and afterwards changed into the clothes and brushed her hair and teeth, y'know the daily routine. She stepped out of the room and was greeted with the mouth watering smell of bacon.
"I smell bacon!"
"A-huh, that's probably because I just cooked some for you and I."
"You better split it on two separate plates or I might steal yours."
"I was actually planning on stealing yours."
"Ha well you aint getting any!"
"I made it!"
"I know. But being the generous boyfriend you are, you're giving me some."
"I feel like you're using me."
"Nah.... Just for the bacon." Evelyn stated as she was now standing next to Damien. He giggled along with her then grabbed the two small plates of bacon and sat down at the table. Evelyn sat across from him.
"So.... What makes today so big?" Evelyn asked while taking a piece of bacon.
"Well.... It's um, really dangerous to be close to a leader."
"Oh..."
"I don't want you getting hurt so, if you don't mind, I want you to go to some of our training sessions!" Damien brightened up towards the end with a smile. "And... If you're good enough, which I have no doubts, you could be our new second in command! We... Are kinda in need of a new one."
"What happened to your previous one?"
"... Michael was our last second in command."
"O-oh..."
"Yeah... So, would you like to go train and.. become one of us?" Damien asked. Evelyn hesitated, then nodded. No turning back now.
"Wow, that's a big life decision." Lyn appeared.
"Oh, it's you Lyn." Damien rolled his eyes.
"Yes it's me, who else would it be?"
"Hey, that rhymed." Evelyn spoke.
"I don't know the devil? Oh wait, you guys are the same person." Damien stated.
"Thanks for the compliment."
"Being called the devil is not a compliment."
"Not unless you are worse."
"..."
"I'mma just leave you two love birds be now. Cya!" And with that, Lyn disappeared.
"Soooooo........ When do I start?" Evelyn asked, breaking the tension Lyn left behind.
"When you're ready I guess. Training goes on all day so..."
"... I'll be down there after I get ready." Evelyn stated then walked to her room.

- timeskip brought to you by the author -

"So this is the training ro-" Evelyn started but was soon cut off by Lyn's obvious rudeness.
"Its not a room, we are outside. Therefore, it's a training field." She stated. Damien glared at her then put in his input.
"Couldnt it also be called a training yard? I mean, it sounds a lot cooler..." He trailed off.
"No it doesn't and no it could not."
"Mind explaining then, Smartphone?"
"Ugh! Isn't it obvious? A yard is tended and usually used for gardening, whilst a field is much bigger in size and can be used for strenuous activities. Happy? Geez, even an idiot like my father could figure that out."
Damien and Evelyn shared a glance then they both looked at Lyn.
"What was that about your father?" Damien questioned.
"Yeah what was that?" Evelyn sided. Lyn froze in place and lowered her head as if she just shared the worst secret in the world. She glitched.. alot.
"Lyn?"
"I-i....uh.."
"You 'uh' what?" Damien interrogated.
"I-im just gonna go now."
"No please Lyn wait!" Evelyn pleaded but...
She was already gone.
"Wow sensitive a wee much?" Damien concluded.
"...."
"Evelyn?"
"She hasn't acted like that ever before."
"So she has a soft spot about her father that you have never noticed before?"
"Precisely."
"Hm. Better ask her about it later then.... Could be a big deal."
"Yeah I guess..... Well I should probably start doing what I came here for."
"What was that ag- oh wait nevermind! Right, follow me."

~~~~~~~❤~~~~~~~

Sirens sounded the whole building, shots were fired, bodies dropped. The leader raced through the base in hopes of finding survivors.
"Check?! What's going on?!" The leaders second in command, Sneakers, demanded her. She stopped in her tracks, pulling out a revolver and loading it.
"Isn't it obvious?! We're under attack!"
"I know that! But by who?!"
"The E.P.C."
"The EPC?! I didn't think they actually attacked people?!"
"Seems their getting more desperate to complete their mission.... Hey, while you're here, evacuate any survivors."
"We're not gonna stay and fight?!"
"There's too many of them! We've already lost most of our men, I'm not risking the rest of them. Lead them to that old abandoned wearhouse until further notice."
"What about you?!"
"Someone's gotta do something about this." Check started running off, but Sneakers grabbed her sleeve.
"Hey," Sneakers started and Check whipped her head around,"good luck." Check nodded and continued on her way. Gosh, why does danger have to run in the family? This is just lovely! First my Dad had to join a stupid army, my mom gets murdered because my dad was in the army, then it turns out the leader of said army is my dad's best friend who is a psychopathic killer, then I become a leader of one of the biggest gangs trying to save all of humanity! Lovely! Just lovely! Check ranted in her head till she halted to a stop and hid behind a giant piece of debris. Several rows of robots marched past her, blood splattered against their bodies, their eyes glowing red indicating they were in "Insta-Kill" mode. Check held her breath and slowed her heartbeat so they wouldn't detect her.
"No sign of life left. Our mission is complete." One of them spoke up.
"No it is not. We have not acquired Aria Blackbarrow's head yet. She is still alive." Another replied. Check, a.k.a Aria Blackbarrow, refused to move a single muscle in her body, although her red hair was in her face and was annoying her to the extreme. Check had long vibrant red hair in a ponytail with blue eyes and freckles painting her face. She wore a black tank top and a short checkered skirt with dark grey leggings along with knee high black boots with a checkered bottom. Various rubber wrist bands (either plane black or checkered) littered her wrists. She was about 5'7". Finally, the robots passed by and Check let out a deep sigh. She ran across the clearing and into her office. She ran and opened one of the drawers and pulled out her step mom's revolver. She already held her father's revolver on her all the time and held her step mom's in here for back up, but since this is the last time she'll ever see this place, might as well take it with her. Those were her only two valuables thankfully. As soon as she was done looking around the place, her home, the place she built that held so many dear memories, she pressed a button under her desk and a countdown sequence began on her watch. She had two minutes to get out, two minutes before her only place she considered home, would be blown into smithereens. She sighed and began running. Her boots clicked against the hard floor, and she saw at the end of the hall a window. She didn't have enough time to get to the ground floor, but she also knew she wouldn't live if she jumped out of the window. Her heart was racing so fast it could be considered lethal, but she still knew what she had to do. She ran and jumped out of the window; Everything seemed to slow down. She pulled out a strange device from her pocket and threw it to the ground. Once it hit the ground, it transformed into a hover board and elevated a little. Check landed on top of it, feet first, and began to lean her body to the direction she wanted it to go. As soon as she was a safe distance, she looked back and saw her base blow, flames and debris being some of the only things you could see. She pulled out her phone and only thought of one person that could help her and the remaining survivors.

~~~~~~~❤~~~~~~~

Evelyn had jumped fences, shot at targets, got into a fist fight, and ran many laps. At first she was ecstatic, but now she had beads of sweat all over her, and her legs felt like Jell-O. I guess it was safe to say she hated having Damien be her 'gym teacher'.
"You alright?" Damien asked her as she was hunched over trying to catch her breath.
"If feeling like dying is better than this then I guess yeah I feel peachy." She replied sarcastically.
"That's good. That's how you're supposed to feel, well, for your first time training that's how you feel. If you're me, this is a piece of cake."
"Piece of cake?! It's gonna take me forever to be like you!"
"Actually, after today's practice, I think you'll be great in no time! Most people I train would have butt out during the middle. That and your aim was pretty good in Target practice."
"Yeah but I got my butt kicked when I got into that fist fight."
"You just need to find out your style in fighting. Now come on, you need to eat lunch."
"I thought you said training goes on all day."
"That doesn't mean you have to train all day. Most of my soldiers just do it in their spare time."
"Oh, well that makes me happier." Evelyn panted then stood straight up. Megan bolted over to Damien.
"Leader sir!" She called.
"Speak soldier."
"We have a visitor sir."
"Who is it?"
"Uh...... It's Check sir."

A/n
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't published in a while, but I hope you enjoy this dramatic chapter. Till next time peeps! :3