-4-

0.o
Im staying with him? Not that i have a problem with that anything... buts its gonna be hard focusing on ANYTHING with someone as ho- I MEAN POWERFUL as him!!!!
"So.... i never got your name...."
"Evelyn."
"What?"
"My names Evelyn. Whats yours?"
"Damien..... and since youre gonna be here a while... we need for you to be able to blend in with the rest of us. You dont look... super steampunk like..."
"Like you do?"
"Im in my casual clothes! I have a uniform!"
".... Soooooo, how am I gonna change?"
"You take your original clothes off then slip on the new ones." Evelyn stared daggers at him. He threw his arms up in defense."Okay okay im sorry! Follow me." Damien grabbed Evelyns wrist and walked out of the office. Well this has been one heck of a weekend! I was on night patrol, i get kidnapped, find out im going to the Shadow Cults hideout, find out the leader is the guy i spilt coffee on, apparently my job is evil, my friend is the one who kidnapped me, and now im changing my wardrobe with said leader!!! Whats next?! Have a robot thats looks like Sherlock Holmes be my dresser?!
"Oh, by the way, a robot that looks like Sherlock Holmes is gonna help us find a good outfit for you." Damien mentioned. THIS COULDNT GET ANYMORE CLICHE!!!! They finally arrived at a certain room with the word 'dresser' labeled on the front. Damien pushed open the door, and as he said, there was a robot that looked like Sherlock standing there.
"Ah, good afternoon, Damien."
"Same for you, Watson." He greeted. Seriously? -_-
"What may i do for you, today?"
"This is Evelyn," he started while pushing her lightly in front of him," I need you to dress her up to fit in with the rest of us."
"Certainly. Right this way, my lady." Watson motioned for Evelyn to follow him through another door, the dressing room more than likely. This left Damien alone to his thoughts. He sighed and sat down at a nearby chair. She shouldnt be here, doing this... not an innocent girl like Evelyn. I wanted Megan to bring me someone from that corporation of coarse, but not someone like her. She doesnt deserve to be in such war zone with a low-quality leader like me. She deserves a happy normal life with her family.... wait, why do i care?! Shes gonna help me and thats end of story! It doesnt matter who it is, just someone that could help me. But... Ah! For goodness sake Damien! Your ratched feelings are getting in the way again! I swear, im gonna die someday because of it! Because of my love for-
"Sir, how about this?" Watson practically displayed Evelyn. She was wearing dark blue shorts and brown knee high boots with a gold buckle decorating the heel of the boots. She also wore a black tank top with a brown short sleeved undone overcoat decorated with gold buttons and she had black fingerless gloves, and to top it all of, a pair of brass goggles were strapped on top of her head. Yeah, she'll blend in better now.
"It's perfect. Thank-you, Watson." Damien stood and took a hold of Evelyn's hand once again.
"The pleasure is mind, sir." Damien and Evelyn left. She looked up to meet Damien's gaze, noticing a tinge of worry in his eye.
"Is everything alright?" She decided to ask. He looked down at her and smiled warmly. Why is he so nice?
"Yeah, everything's fine. I just need to show you something."
"Um, alright." She didnt want to question him, not yet at least. He lead her to a large corridor with a large weapon rack along one wall, and targets along the other. There were a few people practicing in here and some shot a gaze towards Evelyn, which kinda frightened her. Damien let go of her hand and instead wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her closer.
"Stay close." He whispered in her ear and continued walking towards the weapon rack on the wall. Off it, he grabbed a common pistol then walked over to an open slot for target practice. He let go of her and handed her the pistol as he stepped to the side.
"This is how you hold a gun." He said while adjusting it in her hands. "This is the safety button, you pull it back if you want to be able to fire." He continued with the demonstration; he slipped behind her so she accidently wont do anything. He reached his arms around her and continued with the demonstration, showing her how to reload the gun and how to fire it."Okay, now give it a shot." He signaled and she nodded, pulling the trigger and jumped at the loud noise. The bullet did not hit the target, sadly, it wasnt even close. Damien knew this, however, and thankfully he had a lot of patience."Look... you're shaking too much, and I know it's pretty intimidating holding a gun with the leader of an infamous 'cult' behind you. But trust me when I say that you need to know this. You'll be fine, alright?" He talked smoothly into her ear. She nodded and took a deep breath to calm herself. Her shaking died down a bit, but it was still there. He sighed and cupped his hands around hers to keep the gun steady. "Alright. Now, Dont, focus on the target, it'll only make you more nervous. Just. Fire. Now." He told her and she listened to his orders. Once again she fired, but this time, it hit the targets bullseye. She was shocked.
"How'd you know that would work?" She asked, still shocked.
"Because it worked for me. Y'know? I actually see a lot of me in you, which is good. It'll make things easier for me." He smiled. "Now come on, you must be hungry for diner by now." He continued and she smiled back, walking close to his side.
Today was a good day.

A/n

oooooooohhhh... Damey boy got a crush! :3 Anyway hope you all enjoy the story and stay tuned for another update. Peace out Peeps! <3