-3-

"Sorry Evelyn."

That voice.......

Megan?

Evelyn awoke, slowly regaining her vision. She rubbed the back of her head and groaned, both reasons being her head still throbbed and she felt dried blood in her hair. Oh! And also her friend may or may not be the one who caused all of this!! As she sat up, she began to take note of her surroundings. First off, she was not at the corporation. She was laying on a bed, much too hard for her liking; there was a window to her right, sun shining through it, but also clouds floated by. FRICK!!! She was in a blimp, and since the last thing she could remember was being knocked in the head, she could only assume she was being kidnapped. Well thats just LOVELY!!!! this is NOT how i wanted to spend my day!!!! Its my day off too..... well, thats only if i woke up the next day... lets hope so. She blinked rabidly. The room was  rather small, only containing the bed, the window, and the door. She took a deep breath then walked to the door, turning the knob.... but it wouldnt budge. Darnit! locked from the outside. She sighed in defeat then plopped herself back onto the bed. Guess ill just have to wait...
Knock
Knock
Knock
"What?! You can just open the door! Its locked from the outside anyway!" Evelyn snapped. The lock clipped and a human stepped forward, the light revealing the familiar pink hair.
"I was making sure you were awake."
"Since when do kidnapper freaks care if their hostage is awake, Megan?!" She spat, startling Megan with the sudden attitude.
"No need to be rude."
"No need to hit me in the back of the head and kidnap me." Evelyn replied with the same tone, mocking her.
"Look I came here to talk-"
"Not interested."
"Oh come on just hear me out."
"No."
"Please?"
"No."
"Stubborn..."
"Very." Evelyn agreed.
"..."
"Look was your nephew even in the hospital?"
"No."
"So you planned this?! And lied?!"
"Yep." Megan replied, proud.
"What kind of friend are you?"
"Who said we were friends?"
"Oh, y'know, I just figured because I keep bailing you out with things and you actually declared us friends loudly in public last Tuesday!!!!"
"Oh yeah thats right!" Megan brightly remembered as Evelyn slapped herself in the face. She calmed herself, then proceeded to talk to Megan.
"Okay. You came here to talk to me. What was it you were going to say?"
"Well, I came here to tell you that we are landing soon........ and that we are landing on the Shadow Cults hideout....." Megan lowered her voice for the last part. Wait! WHAT?!
"The Shadow Cults WHAT?! Megan they are the worst society ever!!! Why are we landing there?!"
" 'Cuz.... Im a part of that society..." Evelyns heart dropped. Yep, this is it. Im gonna die. Their probably gonna use me for a sacrifice to the 'Shadow gods'. Oh God in heaven, help me. She slowly nodded then looked back at Megan.
"Do you have a knife on you? If so, may i see it?"
"Ummmmmm.... why???" Megan questioned.
"Might as well kill me now. I dont wanna see what my fate is."
"Dude no!!! We're not going to kill you!"
"How do you know?"
"I-....uh... I actually... I got nothin'."
"Lovely." Suddenly, the blimp stopped, signifying they landed. Megan sighed.
"Sorry i have to do this. I have to make it look real."
"What do you mean?"

Click.

Megan pulled out her gun and pointed it at Evelyn's head.
"Get moving." She said sternly. Oh, thats what she means. Evelyn listened and began walking out the door and towards the front of the blimp. There was an African-American cyborg standing at the exit, motioning Evelyn to walk through, which she did. As she passed, he pushed her to go faster.
"Okay okay! Geez. Im going!" Evelyn Glared at him as she walked down the steps out of the blimp. she was greeted with fresh hair and a bright sun as she stepped onto the rough concrete of what she could assume was the roof of the building. Megan still followed behind with the gun. They walked to the door leading to the rest of the building.
"Take her to Shadow. He'll decide what to do with her." The man called from behind them. Megan nodded and pushed Evelyn to proceed down the stairs. The stairs lead to a large hallway, filled with people dressed in dark 'shadow' colors. They kept walking straight untill they reached a door, Shadow's office I think. They entered to see a man with black shoulder length messy hair having his back towards them.
"I have the hostage." Megan spoke.
"Good, leave her here with me and go to the infirmary, i have been notified there is help wanted there."
"Yes sir." And with that, Megan shut the door behind her, leaving a tense silence between Evelyn and 'Shadow'.
"Please... take a seat." He motioned to a chair in front of his desk, the opposite side on which he was standing. Evelyn gulped then sat down. Man, ive had enough office talks for the week. please just leave me alone! What did i do wrong?! The man turned around, revealing the man she spilt coffee over yesterday. Great! How can this get any worse! Evelyn took this time to really notice him. He had a grey  t-shirt with the same black with grey mist coat he wore the other day over it, along with black jeans and probably the same black sneakers he wore yesterday. His eyes were still the sparkly ocean blue, but he looked more scary then dreamy at the angle she had on him. His expression altered when he realized who she was.
"Oh, You're the girl that spilt coffee over me yesterday." He noted, with a.... teasing? expression in his voice.
"Yes... and again im sorry." Evelyn was a little annoyed.
"I also could've sworn you commented on my abs?" This made Evelyn turn a dark shade of red as he smirked at her embarrassment.
"Y-your point is?!" He laughed as she tried to stay brave.
"Haha! Im just messing with you! Now... let's cut to the chase." He said. Evelyn nodded. "I've been informed you work at the Earth Observation Corps.?"
"yeah?"
"Well... I need you to do me a favor... but..."
"But what?"
"After what happened last night, we cant do it immediately. And.... I have my suspicions about them."
"That being?"
"I believe they are trying to wipe out the Human race and replace us with robots." He told, Evelyn processing what he just said.
"Okay. And how will I be able to help?"
"You know your way around the building. You can find us their files and reveal their secret. But of course you cant do that now because they'll suspect your motives."
"So... what will I do in the mean time?" She asked. He thought for a second.
"I guess you'll have to stay here with us for a little."
"hmmm.... Alright."
"Okay may i ask you something?"
"Yeah?"
"How are you so calm about this?"
"Im actually not, but ive also realized that if i tried disagreeing or just panicked all together i might get my head blown off. Now i dont know about you but id much rather keep my head." Evelyn admitted. He smiled.
"Dont worry! I wont blow your face off...." He paused and leaned in close to her, their faces inches away. "....yet." He continued, his hot breath warming her face. She didnt reply, probably because she was fantasying. He backed up and she shook her head.
"You said ill be staying here. Who's gonna watch me?"
"Oh! Well that's easy silly!!"

"I will."

A/n
ooooooooohhhhhh......how do you think about that?! :3
well... till next time peeps!!