-8-

Both wanted that kiss to last longer, but such is life and the author wants to do stuff with this book. They pulled away, and Evelyn at this point looked like a tomato.
"So...uhm... Does this mean we are a.. thing?" She asked. Damien smiled, ruffled her hair, and kissed her forehead.
"Sure." He chuckled.
Knock knock knock.
The sound alarmed the both of them, I mean, it is pretty late.
"Come in!" Damien called and walked over to the living room. Evelyn stayed put.
Ooooh~ that was romantic! Lyn appeared next to Evelyn, causing her to jump in surprise.
You were watching the whole time!?!?!?!
Not the whole time, but a good majority of it. By the way, you have a remarkable voice, like singing wise.
Uhh.... Thanks?
So, your boyfriend is the leader of a cult... Guess that's gonna change your life style drastically.
What do you mean?
Don't play dumb Evelyn. Before you lived a normal life working at EPC, now your working with your buddy against them. Not to mention you're gonna have to learn to protect yourself and you're going to 'live your life on the edge' with the government hunting you down and all.
Oh....
Yeah 'oh'. How long do you think you're going to survive? Lyn stood up in front of Evelyn and placed her hands on her hips to give off a sassy look.
Umm.... Five years?
That was more of a rhetorical question.
Well how am I supposed to know that?!
Oh I don't know... How about try being smarter!
Sorry I'm not as smart as you! And what's with the sudden attitude? Lyn raised her finger as if she was about to reply when Damien walked into the room.
"What was that about?" Evelyn spoke up.
"They just found out about Michael. I honestly forgot I killed him." Damien chuckled at the end in hopes of lightening the mood.... Spoiler alert, it wasn't working.
"Oh.. hehe... Um..." Evelyn tried to do the same, but that just made things awkward.
Oh, continuing on my point, you're gonna have to tell Damey boy here about me some day. I mean, I'm kinda hard to ignore, and I might get in the way of your relationship.
Since when are you the bad guy?
It's 'girl' and since always!
Huh... I didn't know that before. Lyn slapped her forehead as if it was obvious she was a bad 'girl'. And by the way, you're not evil.
Never said I was evil. I said I was bad. There's a big difference.
Yeah? Do tell.
Well, evil wants to destroy everything and conquer the world or what not. They do stuff to their own benefit. Bad on the other hand can side on the good or evil side of things, but usually they are neutral. They tend to be negative and they made/ are making poor life decisions. So I'm bad but I decided to side with the good guys. Makes sense?
Sure.
Listen that's just my output on it. I personally like my opinion better than others.
I like your opinion better too.
Good see? Now we're agreeing. If I was evil, I'd argue against you.
Well I'm glad you're not evil.
Me too.
"So... This is super awkward." Damien out of the blue spoke. "And I have a feeling we aren't the only ones here right Evelyn? Unless you are some weird freak that speaks to the voices in her head," Evelyn spun her head to look at him,".... Sorry if that came out harsh."
Well, better now then never. Evelyn sighed, then began.
"When I was younger and had my prosthetics installed, the doctors also included me in a little experiment of theirs. They have had a hard drive with unknown data on it that has corrupted all their computers. They tried finding volunteers but no one was willing, so they stashed it away for years, until I came along. They thought it was an amazing opportunity, but of course they needed legal permission. Since I was too young, they asked my father, who has always hated me and didn't care what happened to me so he agreed. Not to mention he was paid. After my​ surgery, they asked me if anything was different, like if I was smarter or what not. Me, being my younger self, replied saying that my arm felt different and that I was a little dizzy. They​ asked if anything else was wrong, and I shook my head no, and as you can assume they were disappointed. They sent my dad and I back home, and my dad forced me to spend the rest of the day in my room alone. I nodded and sat in my room alone. That's when she came along..."
"She?" Damien questioned.
Oooooooooh! Here comes the best part!
"Yes, she. Her name is Lyn, or at least that's what I call her, she still hasn't told me her name." Evelyn shot a glare at Lyn, who crossed her arms and stuck her tongue out. "Continuing on, I sat on my bed and she appeared. I was interested, probably because it was a blue woman. She told me she was hiding from those people and that I shouldn't tell anyone about her. She also said she'll help me accomplish great things in life and that she'll protect me. Yeah, she was nice back then, now she's a huge jerk."
Hey!
"So you're talking to a super computer in your head?"
I'm not a super computer!!!
"She insists she's not a super computer."
"Is there a way I can see her?"
"No."
Yes!
"I mean yes? I don't know what???"
Ask him if there's a computer lab here.
"Do you have a computer lab?"
"Yeah... Follow me." He motioned for her to follow and she did. They yet again walked down the big halls, except this time there was no one there.
They must've all gone to sleep.
Good observation skills, Sherlock. Lyn rolled her eyes.
Why thank you, Watson.
I'm not Watson! I'm Moriarty.
.... Okay, Moriarty.
Thank you for noticing.
They stopped in front of glass sliding doors. Damien placed his hand on a scanner, which beeped a green light and the doors opened.
"This is the computer lab. Do what you need to." Damien stated and Evelyn nodded.
What do we need?
A watch, wires (computer wires to be exact), and a computer chip.
"We need a watch, computer wires, and a computer chip." Evelyn repeated to Damien. He nodded and took off his watch and handed to her. After that, he went to a computer and dismantled it, grabbing the parts she said. There was a mini table next to Evelyn which he placed the parts.
"Now what?" He questioned.
Evelyn, allow me to take control for a little.
"Wait what?!" She spoke aloud so Damien could hear.
"What?????" He was growing worried at her response."Evelyn if you're not comfortable doing whatever she's saying don't. It's alright." He assured.
Evelyn, it's vital you trust me.
"N-no... It's fine. Go on, Lyn. I trust you." Lyn smiled then tapped Evelyn's temple. Evelyn blacked out but Lyn took control before her body hit the ground. Damien was just standing there watching this whole thing and was growing even more concerned. Her eyes changed to a bright holographic blue and any veins visible were glowing the same blue.
"Huh, this is different. Sorry if you got hurt Evelyn."
No I'm fine.... It just felt... Really weird.
"That's ... Kinda creepy." Damien blinked as if he couldn't believe his eyes.
"Well get used to it, Darling. I'm a very creepy person."
"Did you just call me Darling?"
"I believe that's what I said, and I also believe I mentioned I'm a creepy person."
"This is gonna take a lot of getting used to."
"You can say that again." Lyn rolled her eyes and bent over the table, examining the parts. "Hm.."
"What?"
"I haven't tinkered in a long time, about a thousand years to be exact. I'm just trying to figure out how to put together."
"You don't know how to put it together?"
"I do! But technology has advanced since my time and I don't think you want me to accidentally kill you."
"You couldn't kill me even if you tried. I bet you haven't killed a single soul in your whole life!"
"Ha! You should've seen me when I was alive." Lyn mocked. Damien was worried more than ever as Lyn began tinkering. She stuck her tongue out in concentration.
"So what exactly are you doing?"
"I'm installing this computer chip into your watch then I'll attach wires from Evelyn's arm to the wires connected to your watch and upload an optic nerve program. After I've put the wires back in the arm, a wire attached to the chip will shock your arm as well as pinching a spot to which the wire will connect to one of your nerves allowing you to see me."
"Sounds shocking." Damien snickered at his own pun, and Lyn glared at him.
"Okay... Aaaaaaaaannnnd, done!" Lyn finished. Damien gulped then stepped towards her. "Hold out your wrist." She commanded and he obeyed, not letting one bit of fear show. She strapped the watch around his wrist and took a step back. After about two minutes, Damien was growing impatient for it was not working.
"You sure it works?" He doubted.
"Positive." Lyn crossed her arms.
"Well this isn't so bad then!" He chirped.
"No it's still processing the situation. It should be done here soon."
"You just want me to suffer don't you?"
"Pretty much."
"Ugh!"
"Stop your complaining! It should work in the next... Five seconds."
"Wai-what?!" A bolt of electricity sounded up his arm causing him to yelp in pain.
You're insane! Stop this! Evelyn pleaded. Lyn shook her head.
"It's almost done." She assured. The wire pinched and dug deep into his wrist until it found a nerve to which it connected to. Suddenly, everything was quiet, the only sound that can be heard were Damien's quick breaths.
"I...I think it's done." He panted.
"You alright?" Lyn asked.
"Since when did you care?" He spat. She grunted and looked away.
You can be back in control now. She notified Evelyn.
Thank you. Soon enough, Evelyn was back in control (yes all the weird computer stuff on her disappeared) and the first thing she did was rush to Damien's side.
"Are you alright?!" She somewhat panicked.
"Yeah I'm fine. You?"
"I'm fine."
"Wow, such a sweet reunion." Lyn rolled her eyes. Damien and Evelyn shot their gaze towards Lyn's voice and Damien's eyes widened.
"I can see her." He breathed.
"What a shocker..... Pun not intended." Her voice glitched here and there but that's what it's supposed to be like.
"We went through all this trouble just so I can see this disgrace?"
"Thanks for the compliment... And that's not all I did..."
"What else did you do?!"
"Things. I'll let you figure that out."
"I didn't ask for this!"
"You'll thank me later for it!" Lyn growled, then disappeared in thin air.
"Let's just get back to bed. It's getting pretty late." Evelyn suggested. Damien nodded and they headed back to their rooms. Once they reached their own rooms, Evelyn changed into pajamas and sat at the edge of her bed.
"Thanks, by the way." She spoke.
"For what?" Lyn questioned.
"For what you did. It means a lot to me. And I'm sorry about Damien. Boys can get over protective and a little jerky sometimes." Lyn sighed. "What?" Evelyn asked.
"It's remarkable, how much you care for him. It's only been a couple days and you guys are already together. I just.... I wish it was always that easy." Evelyn stayed quiet as Lyn explained. She continued. "He's a good man, y'know. I'm just not the easiest person to get along with."
"Heh, you can say that again." Evelyn agreed. Lyn just smiled.
"I'm the one who should say thank you. After all this time, you managed to put up with my stupidness."
"I don't exactly have a choice."
"I know. But you did choose to stay patient with me, and for that I thank you. Now, get some rest." Lyn suggested. Evelyn nodded and tucked herself in bed. Lyn sat at the corner of the bed until Evelyn fell asleep, and once she did, she walked over to Damien's room.
"Hey! Butthead!" She whispered yelled. Damien groaned and walked up to Lyn.
"What is it, Smartphone?" He replied.(he called her Smartphone because she's an annoying "super computer") Lyn sighed and tilted her head to the direction of Evelyn's room.
"She's sleeping. I suggest you enter quietly. And I know​ she'll appreciate the company." She replied and Damien sneaked into Evelyn's room. Slowly and carefully, he cuddled in right next to her. Lyn smiled at the sight then disappeared to leave the two happy in each others arms.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I guess I'm third Wheeling now.

A/n
Heyo! Sorry this wasn't out earlier but to make it up to you, this is doubled the size of my other chapters... SO BE HAPPY! I also added more of Lyn in this one. Welcome to the third wheel party btw, Lyn! :3

Is anyone else concerned that Evelyn only thinks she'll live for another five years?

Okay bye.