Eight.

A/N: This is a short one, but I think one of the best, but you let me know what you think!! Next chapter will be out sometime this coming week. Thank you to everyone for reading, voting, and commenting! It means so much!
Also! This chapter is dedicated to Lets_gocrazy for reading and voting on this story!!

The silence in the vehicle was deafening.

My eyes never left his face and I saw an array of emotions flit across before blending into the next. Surprise, horror, embarrassment, and panic were just a few.

I sat staring at him feeling equal parts infuriated and revolted. My stomach tried to evacuate its contents again and I slammed my hand against the window.

It was either that or scream.

"Pull over." I told Paul in a surprised voice. I could not come to terms with my emotions right now. I am astonished. I am enraged. I am vulnerable. Hidden under all of that I feel so very very alone.

Even though we hadn't spoken in years, he was still Harry. This just wasn't Harry and it terrified me how isolated I felt.

I am a lonely island in the Bermuda Triangle.

Harry is the ocean surrounding me.

And I'm drowning.

I need out. Now.

"Pull over!" I said a little louder causing Paul to look up at me this time.

Harry started talking at the same volume so I screamed, "PULL OVER!"

My breathing was labored and burned my throat every time I sucked air in. I heard Harry telling Paul not to pull over, but Paul's eyes flicked from the road to me in the rearview and the turn signal flicked on.

"Paul keep driving!" Harry bellowed from beside me and I just kept my hand on the door handle.

We weren't even at a complete stop when I opened the door and climbed out, slamming the door behind me.

I hastily moved my feet, I just needed to be away. I realize that running is never the solution, however right now it's what my soul needed.

I heard two doors shut behind me and I moved faster, trying not to trip. I knew I was blocks from my car but I'd take my chances with walking if I had to.

I scoured the area quickly looking for a taxi. I cursed when nothing could be found and moved my feet as quickly as I could without actually running.

Paul and Harry were having a row behind me and I was so thankful for Paul in that moment. I'd have to send him one of those edible arrangement things.

Finally I heard what sounded like flesh hitting metal. I paused my steps to turn, Harry had punched a street sign and there was blood dripping down his fingers.

Paul stood by the sign still and Harry moved towards me. There was none of his usual prancing, every movement had purpose. Anxiety pumped through my veins and I turned to flee like a frightened rabbit. Before I could move a hand gripped my arm, finger tips digging in hard enough to leave bruises causing me to curse.

"I can't have you do this again. You can't just keep fighting with me and running away," He told me in a barking voice.

I slapped his forearm with my free hand and jerked away at the same time. Once I was free I shoved his chest with both hands.

"How dare you!" I shoved him again, getting in his face as I whispered, "You started this Harry. I can barely stand to look at you." A thick sob escaped my throat and I covered my mouth.

"No, you need to listen! My manager-" I shoved him harder making his breath whoosh out.

"I don't give a fuck about your manager Harold. All I care about is the fact that you either knew this was going to happen or you orchestrated this entire fiasco yourself." I looked around to see a few people staring as they walked past but thankfully no one really seemed to realize they were passing Harry Styles.

So why the fuck did I care anyway?

He grabbed my shoulders in a move that was surprisingly graceful for him and looked deep into my eyes. "I didn't do this! Look at me," he pulled me a little closer to him, "look at me when I tell you that I did not do this."

I shook my head and tried to pull away but he held tight. I saw Paul start walking towards us but kept a respectful distance away, observing the surrounding people.

I glared up at him, "But you knew, didn't you."

He sighed and looked down before opening his mouth and I just knew he was going to spout some bullshit.

"Didn't you?!" I shouted at him, my cheeks flushed with the effort and I was left breathless.

Tears filled his eyes as he looked at me and I could see self loathing in his eyes as he looked weakly said, "Yes."

This was the second time in my life that I felt abandoned by Harry. X-factor and now.

I watched the tears fall down his face and I at least wanted to feel some kind of satisfaction. But the only thing that came was anguish.

"Please, you don't know what happened. You don't know what they-" Harry started trying to explain.

CRACK!

Harry suddenly held his cheek with his bleeding hand, outlines of my fingers covered his cheek.

"I don't care. I really don't give a fuck!" I clasped my hands together so I didn't hit him again. "I think you have me confused with Taylor Swift. I don't want my love life spread across 50 magazines a day later." I ran a hand through my hair in frustration. "I was supposed to be your best friend. Your best fucking friend Harry. Hell, you even used Niall to get gossip circulating." I shook my head at him in disbelief. "Harry I've known you for quite some time now but what the fuck happened to you in the last two years?" I didn't pause long enough for him to answer.

"Actually I don't care. I used to care about you but I don't think that's really worth my time anymore." The admission left me breathless.

We both stood in silence for a few minutes, just looking at each other.

When I turned to leave I looked at Paul who was right behind me, "Do not let him follow me." He nodded and I ran. Figuratively. But I still moved as quickly as I could.

I hailed a taxi and had them take me to my car so I could grab my bag, I knew better than to drive tonight.

The taxi driver stopped at my house and waited while I packed a bag and I got dropped off.
I closed the door on the taxi and thanked the driver for being so understanding. I looked up as the taking drove away behind me and the sign above my head read, 'Liverpool John Lennon Airport'