chapter 19

jayys pov

its been 2 years since we burned daniels house. they gave up on searching for who did it thank god were safe.

I walked to dahvie and sat next to him on the couch. he grabs my hand and I squeeze his. he looks at me and kisses my cheek. my phone rings and I pick up and put the device to my ear.

"hey jayy."

"whats up zack."

"I got news for you!" he says excitedly.

"what is it you sound like youre gonna explode." I laugh.

"Im getting married!!!!" he screams.

"to who?"

"alex!"

"oh my god thats amazing. when did this happen?"

"like half a year ago!"

" and you couldn't tell me sooner? "

"sorry I was busy with all the planning I guess I forgot to."

"its ok."

dahvie shakes my shoulder. "what is it! what is it!"

"shhhh" I slap his hand away.

"and guess what else!"

"what?"

"I want you to be my best man!"

"really?!?!"

"yes really so you better get ready. my weddings on the 5th ok."

"ok. I gotta go get a tux ok."

"ok bye hun."

"bye babe."

I end the call and turn to dahvie. hes bouncing up and down freaking out cuz I wont tell him whats going on. I laugh at his inpatients.

"so what is it what happened?"

"zacks getting married and im the best man."

"really?"

"yea really. "

he pulls at my shirt "you'd look good in a tux."

"of course I look good in anything! "

"conceited. " he playfully pushes me.

I grab the collar of his shirt and pull him close to me leaning in until our lips meet. he wraps his arms around my neck entangling his fingers in my hair. slowly my hands move down to his waist as I deepen the kiss. he slowly pulls away and smiles.  I kiss his cheek causing his cheeks to turn bright red.

"so whens the wedding?" he tilts his head.

"the 5th." I give him a small smile.

his eyes widen in surprise "thats in 2 weeks! we need to get you a suit pronto."

"come on then."

I walk outside with dahvie hurrying behind me.

we drive to the tailors to look for a suit. after a while of looking through what seems like billions of suits we find the perfect fit for me. we pay and walk out. I sigh as I get in the car.

"whats wrong? " he asks as he starts the engine.

I throw my head back "im too tall and skinny for this shit im like jack skellington."

he leans over and kisses my cheek "then I guess that makes me sally."

he sits back in his seat and steps on the pedal causing the car to roll. I roll down the window and lay my head on the door as I watch everything go by. I slowly drift to sleep.

after a while im awoken by dahvie shaking me and saying were home.  I get out the car and rub my eyes. he grabs my hand and takes me in the house. he takes me to the room and we get into bed. I wrap my arm around his small frame and kiss the top of his head.

"I love you" dahvie whispers.

"I love you too." I close my eyes and drift off to sleep again.