CHAPTER 7

Meher retired from her gaze and looked at Parmish. He could feel the  pain in her eyes, stabbing his heart. He stood up and tugged her arm, gesturing her to stand up,"Come,lets get you inside. "

But Meher sat still in her position, looking up at Parmish's face, her own being expressionless.

Parmish held her arms and made her stand up. She shuddered at the sudden pull. Parmish gently helped her into the room, keeping an arm over her shoulder for support. When she still didn't respond,he turned to look at her. But all he could see was a pale body, drenched in rain. Her eyes, filled with pain and dejection . Parmish couldn't bear the sight and embraced her in a hug,caressing her hair.

She broke into tears and clutched him, tightening the hug, as if her life depended on it.

"I know you don't love me Paru, but please don't ever say that you don't trust me. Paru please. Don't ever say that again. ", Meher finally ended her silence, but her words made Parmish stiff. He was still angry at what she had done. He couldn't see his love in such misery, neither could he forget what impact her mistake would have on his team. He was conflicted between his personal and professional life. On any other instance,  he would have chosen his family, but this situation involved the hard work of his team. It was wrong to just let it go, both morally and professionally.

He broke the hug and moved towards the bed murmuring, "You are all drenched in rain. Go change or you'll catch cold.".

Meher looked at his retracting figure and took a step towards him, apologizing, "I will apologize to everyone in your team, I will do anything  you want, but please Paru.. talk to me, please say you trust me. Paru you are my best friend. You can not just..", Meher pleaded but Parmish's rogue voice interrupted her, " GO, CHANGE!!!".

Meher stood there for good two minutes, sobbing into the silence, before moving to dressing room to freshen up and change

Meher came out after 15 minutes, shivering with cold and sat on the her side of bed, facing away from him. Parmish went out of the room and returned with food. He placed the food near her. She shook her head, "Not hungry". He took a small piece of chapati (Indian bread) dipped it in dal (pulse cooked in curry) and brought it near her mouth. She looked at him trying to read what was going on in his mind,if he was the same person who lashed out at her just a few minutes back. But all she could see was hurt in his eyes.

She held his hand and turned it towards his mouth gesturing him to eat. But he just shook his head and brought his hand back near her mouth. This time she turned her face in other direction.

Parmish sighed and used his free hand to turn her face towards him again. He forced food into her mouth,and before she could spit it out, he gestured her to stop and took a bite from the plate himself.

After having dinner, Parmish slightly tugged her shoulder asking her to lay down. She obliged and he covered her with comforter. Parmish laid on his side of bed,but couldn't sleep.

He was lost in his thoughts, but still could feel Meher shivering even with the comforter. He glanced at her. She was facing away from him.

He wanted to embrace her and take away all her pain. He knew he had hurt her, but he couldn't help it. He had lost the sense of what was the right thing for him to do. It was not only Meher who was suffering, it was him too, along with many other people who got affected with this data breach.

Parmish kept hand on her shoulder and moved her so she laid straight in bed. Within a fraction of second, he hovered her and nuzzled his head in the crook of her neck. She let out a soft gasp, surprised by this sudden act.

"Paru,what do you think you are doing ",Meher yelled as her heart beat elevated.

"What do you think I am doing ", Parmish whispered in her ear, his breath fanning her earlobe, sending shivers down her spine.

" Paru.. You can not.. ", Meher managed to speak between her rapidly increasing breaths, trying to push him off herself.

"I am your husband. I CAN do much more ",Parmish said, pausing to place a kiss on the centre of her neck,before turning back to her ear, "But for now,to keep you warm, this is sufficient."

Meher gulped at his words. Parmish held her hands, and moved them over her head, interlocking his fingers with hers. They stayed  as it is for a few moments before Meher involuntarily turned her face to other side, giving him more access to her neck. Parmish felt her body stiffen as he placed a kiss on the sensitive spot on her neck. He moved back to her ear, whispering, "feeling better?" 

Meher just nodded panting for breathe. Parmish released her fingers and a sigh left her mouth as if she was holding her breath all along. Parmish nuzzled in her neck one last time, planting a gentle kiss, before detaching himself from her in a flash and laid beside her.

She shivered as a gust of wind whipped around her.Parmish looked at Meher, who was still breathing heavily and shivering simultaneously. He slid a hand under her waist and pulled her towards him. She again tensed under his touch, but he relaxed her, by rubbing small circles on her back. All her senses gave up at his touch and she didn't even realize when sleep caught the best of her.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Parmish woke up to his phone ringing. It was 6 o' clock on a Sunday morning. Parmish picked up the call.

"Hello.. "

"Hello Paru, there's some good news and bad news", came Satpal's voice from the other side.

"Shoot ", Parmish mumbled with his eyes still closed.

"Our editor's drive was hacked, the video leaked from his end along with many others. I have hired another hacker and we are trying to track the guilty. " Satpal informed. Parmish's eyes shot open at Satpal's words.

"But the pendrive and documents" Parmish asked with a pang in his heart.

"Yeah.. I was coming to that. That's the bad news buddy. The pendrive and documents are with me. Seems like our bags got exchanged in the party. They are basically identical. So..I just hope you didn't say that much to Bhabi as clearly its not her fault, " Satpal replied.

Parmish tightly closed his eyes in regret pressing his head back  in the pillow. "Satte, I messed up, big time. ", Parmish murmured as he moved his head towards Meher who was all cuddled up with him.

"Then you need to make mends. I know you will, because you truly love her.",  Satpal answered, "Ok, I got to go. Will talk later, Changa (Everything will be good)"

Parmish placed back the phone on his side table and placed a kiss on Meher's forehead wrapping her up in his arms. Meher cozied up even more, in his warmth.

'because you love her' were the words that kept on ringing in Parmish's mind,on repeat, until he gave into his deep slumber.

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
A/N:

Dear Readers,

Hope you all are having a great time.

Thanks to all those who have been supporting already. I appreciate you all more than I can express.

Also please follow the_glittery_box on Instagram its my friends page. She sells jewelry. Explore her awesome collection and if you like something please order. You can also DM me for discount code

Keep reading, voting and commenting.

Love ❤️ ❤️