Chapter 37

Parmish cupped her face in his palms,"You trust me, right?? ".

Meher took a deep breath controling her inner turnado of anger and sadness. " I trust you.. I do..and you know it. But don't you think I need to know what's going on, specially if it concerns me??"

"Its about Mridul.. He's been threatening me regarding harming you", Parmish replied unwantedly.

"Mridul.. What.. why... What on earth have I done to him??", Meher gasped.

"You haven't done anything. You are being caught up just because you are my wife.", Parmish continued.

"Paru what are you talking about. Please tell me clearly. Tell me everything.", Meher asked rubbing his arm. She knew this was something really serious. But ahe knew whatever it was, it had only one solution. To face it. And therefore she needed to know to the truth so they can face it together.

" Mridul is my ex girlfriend's cousin. I had a girlfriend when I was in Australia. We were really fond of each other,but we weren't just sure about it. Somehow Mridul came to know about us and he was putting alot of presure to get official. But before we could make it official, we realized that we weren't that compatible and decided to give it some more time. Eventually we broke up as things got tricky. It was completely mutual. We separated on no hard feelings. And we decided not to be in touch will be best fir both of us. ", Parmish paused to look at Meher.

She was looking at him surprised," You never talked about her. Not even once",

"Yeah. I mean I didn't knew how to break that news to you. We had.. We had this history and.. I didn't knew how could I tell you that I am seeing someone and moreover we weren't sure ourselves. ", Parmish replied hoping that she would forgive him.

Meher looked Parmish straight in the eye as if searching them for a clue that could prove the authenticity of his words." So.. Mridul??? "

"Umm.. Yeah Mridul once returned to India, came to meet me and literally threatened me to get back to his sister. I mean I understand his concern as a brother but he was practically forcing me to marry his sister. I told him it was a mutual decision. But he is of view that I betrayed her and have wringed her. He have threatened ne multiple times that he would not let me live in peace.. this and that but I never took hik seriously until I saw him with you at the party when he first met you. I knew he was upto something. And he has been following you since then and sending me pictures of you showing he is always around you ", Parmish added.

" So that's why you follow me around so you can keep an eye on me", Meher asked

"yeah.. I mean not to keep an eye on you. I want you to be safe", Parmish replied holding her hand.

"How long its gonna go like this?", Meher asked.

"As long as I live", Parmish said caressing her face.

"Paru.. Its just impractical. We need to sort this out.", Meher said.

"I know. But how. I have already tried putting some sense into him. I even thought of complaining but my complaint was not registered because apparently he has some resources that are powerful.", Parmish said.

"Don't worry we will think of something.We should sleep now. Its late", Meher said shifting to the other side.

"Miku.. You are not angry right??? I mean she was my past... And..", Parmish asked.

"Every one has a past Paru. You need not worry I am not angry.", Meher replied balantly.

But there was something with her words that didn't seem right. She said she wasn't angry but Parmish could sense the tiffness in her behavior. He decided to let her be for the time and hoped that morning brought something better.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
*one week later*

Meet me at staryar Cafe in 15.

Parmish frowned as he read Meher's text. He mouthed an 'okay' and set to his destination.

Reaching the cafe, his eyes searched for her beautiful face. God knows what surprise she might have for him now. She is crazy romantic. Parmish smiled a bit to himself guessing what she would have been planning now.

But soon his smile died out as he saw her sitting with the person he most dreaded, Mridul.

He started taking long strides towards her to know was forced by him to be here. Did he do something he shouldn't have. His anger grew with every possibility he drew.

As he closed in, he saw a third figure. A girl. It was his ex.

His steps slowed down. Meher turned to look at him as if she had sensed his presence.

"Meher..", Parmish looked at her expecting an answer.

"Sit." she said giving him a look of assurance.

"Don't worry. I called Priya here and Priya called Mridul. We are all her to end the confusion.", Meher explained.

Mridul was sitting exceptionally calm. Parmish realized that by now, Priya and Meher would have told her the whole story.
He was constantly looking at Mridul because he was still doubtful ofvhim pulling something bad.

" Parmish,bud I'm sorry. Priya just told me the whole truth. I am sorry I was being a selfish brother. Hope you can forgive me.", Mridul apologized.

Parmish furrowed his brows to take in what Mridul just said. He was still thinking how can someone change this easy. Meher hit Parmish's foot with hers.

" Wha... ", Parmish was about to yell but Meher signalled him to respond to Mridul's apology.

"Yeah.. Its ok. I can relate to a brother's concern but you went a bit too far." Parmish stated balantly.

"I know.. I know.. That's why I am apologizing because I genuinely feel guilty.", Mridul responded.

"Its okay. I forgive you", Parmish replied this time realizing Mridul was indeed genuinely sorry for his behavior.

"Parmish.. This is partly my mistake too. After you I had another relationship that didn't work out and I became a mess after that. Mridul bhaiya thought it was you and I never thought he had this misunderstanding and I don't know how things became this tricky. I'm really sorry ", Priya said feeling guilty.

" No need to apologize. Its all okay. Not much harm was done and its good everything is sorted now. ", Parmish replied.

" All thanks to Meher. She reached me out despite knowing I had a history with you.And I admire the way she handlwd everything maturely. She is surely the one for you", Priya said praising Meher.

"Yeah I know", Parmish swell with pride and gently pressed Meher's hand that rested on the table.

"So.. Lets have a nice lunch. RIP misunderstandings...." , Meher chirped trying to clear the tense aura.

Everyone laughed and ordered the lunch.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
So... This is it. This is the official end of Tu Meri Ki Lagdi.

Thanks for your time, love and support for this story. I am overwhelmed. And sorry I couldn't keep up while updating through the last phase of this story.

Keep pouring your love for my other story Half a heart. Its just 5 chapters in but that's what I am going to continue next. Hoping for a good response from you all.

Love❤️❤️❤️