CHAPTER 23

Meher ringed the doorbell and Parmish opened the door with a smile. Meher greeted him with a fake smile and rushed inside.

Contrary to her daily routine, she placed her bag on the couch and scanned the hall before entering into kitchen.

"I am here,if that's who you are searching for.", Parmish called out.

"No.. Searching? What? I....I was just drinking water ", Meher stuttered and turned towards refrigerator to fetch water.

Parmish smiled,and patted himself mentally. His plan has had an impact on Meher. He just needed to check her vulnerability now.

Meher came out of kitchen and forced a smile at Parmish, trying to hide her inner turmoil.Parmish smiled back, proud of getting a step closer to his victory, to his love.

Meher took her bag and went towards the bedroom and Parmish sat on the couch, snapchatting for his supporters.

Meher came back after a few minutes and entered the kitchen.

"Do you want tea?", Meher asked Parmish who took his glance off the phone, to look at her and nodded in approval.

Parmish went to the kitchen and sat on the slab to provide her company.

"How was your day", Parmish inquired.

"Fairly usual", Meher replied uninterestedly.

Parmish formed an 'okay' with his lips analyzing Meher's mood. He knew she was pretty infuriated from inside. She just needed a final blow.

Meher gestured Parmish to come to the kitchen table for tea.

They both sat in silence enjoying the tea time when Meher finally spoke up.

"So what did you do all day?", Meher asked Parmish.

"Watched TV and been a good boy. Didn't do anything work related and rested all day." Parmish replied happily like a kid who completed all his homework and was feeling proud to announce it to her teacher.

Meher nodded thinking ways to make Parmish say, what she wanted to know.

"So... Did anyone come by??" Meher finally got to the point.

"No no one specia.... Oh yeah, I almost forgot. My friend Nyonika came to visit this poor sick lad", Parmish pouted.

"Nyonika?? Haven't heard of her before!! ", Meher inquired raising her eyebrows.

"Yeah. She is a friend from work. A model. Haven't work with her much, but she is an awesome person to hang out with.", Parmish answered smiling.

"Oh!!", Meher replied trying her best to hide her disappointment.

Parmish smirked before continuing, "Oh.. I can not even tell you how much fun we had. Did you see our snapchat spree? Uh.. You must be working. You wouldn't have seen it. Do check it out and here's the instagram selfie.", Parmish forwarded his phone to Meher, showing her his post on Instagram

", Parmish forwarded his phone to Meher, showing her his post on Instagram