CHAPTER 8

Parmish woke up to the sight of Meher drying her hair using a towel.

The fragrance of her hair wash, filled the room. He could match this fragrance to the one he caught last night, when she was cuddled up with him. His eyes followed the tiny droplets of water,traveling from her forehead, all the way down to her collar bone.

As she turned her head in his direction, her eyes met his

As she turned her head in his direction, her eyes met his.He was so lost in her that he didn't realize her getting nervous. "Umm.. Paru, what do you want for breakfast",  Meher asked trying to break the awkward silence. When Parmish still didn't reply, she raised her voice a bit, "Paru!!!". This broke Parmish's trance and he came back to reality, "Han?(yes?) "

"Breakfast??", Meher asked.

"Anything you want", Parmish said getting up from bed.

Meher nodded and went to the kitchen while Parmish headed towards the bathroom.

After having breakfast in silence,  Parmish came back to his room where Meher was folding the comforter,with her back facing the door.

Parmish wanted to tell her the truth and apologize for yesterday. He had hurt her a lot and said things which he didn't even mean.His rage made him do something which he would never think of doing in sound mind. He blamed her while she was innocent and she being the nice person she is, apologised instead of getting offended.

Parmish finally mustered the courage
to speak up, "Miku.. ", Meher turned at the mention of her name.

Parmish began, eyes fixed on the ground with embarrassment, " Umm.. Satpal called this morning. The video, it was leaked from the editor's computer. Someone hacked it and many other videos were leaked as well. And the pendrive... ". Parmish paused to look up at Meher,whose eyes widened in shock.

"The pendrive and other documents are safe with Satpal. Our bags were identical. We must have accidentally exchanged them at party.", Parmish closed his eyes, waiting for her to lash out, but he suddenly felt an impact on his chest.

Meher was tightly hugging him. He looked down at her, shocked at her reaction. He hugged her back and caressed her hair with his hand.
He heard her sobbing, and she finally said in a shaky voice, " I'm so glad the documents are safe. Atleast we can now claim forgery. God!!!! I'm so relieved I'm not the reason for all of this. I cannot even tell you how much scared I was. I thought I would lose my best friend."