Epilogue

***Two years later ***

"My baby!!!! Look here. All done. Just one more time... Look here", Meher cooed to the lil munchkin with gleamy eyes that looked in her affectionate ones.

Parmish smiled at Meher's versatility. She looked as innocent as a child herself yet endowed the affection and care of a mother. It always left him wondering what kind of mother will she be? A naive easy going or a caring and over protective one.

He always thought it would be the former but when Meher told him how she wanted to open an animal shelter that would take care of stranded animals till they get adopted, he got to know how mature person she was.
Seeing her take care of animals with so much love and affection build another image of hers in his heart.

' There are a million sides to you Madam and I only know a few.Its still gonna take  a while until I get all of you' Parmish thought to himself as Meher bathed the puppy in the tub.

Meher took the puppy out and handed it to the helper who was ready with a towel to dry the puppy.
She herself got up and wiped her hands.

Parmish walked upto her, cheering," Hey...",

Meher gave a killing look to Parmish and then turned back to the care taker. "I am going home. Keep me updated on his condition", She said pointing towards the puppy they just rescued.

Patting the puppy for the last time  she stomped out leaving a confused Parmish behind. Before Parmish could catch up, she had already started her car. She gave another fuming glare and raced  the car towards home.

"Damn!!! What did I do now?", Parmish mumbled getting into his own car.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

" Hey.. Hey.. What happened. Why are you not talking to me", Parmish asked Meher.

"Ummm.. Because I don't know. Apparently I am not important enough that you did not take my calls. So that makes me not important enough to talk. I don't even know why are you trying now", Meher huffed moving bck to the work in her hand.

"Miku.. Jaan I was busy with work", Parmish reasoned.

"Snapchat is your work?", Meher counter questioned.

"It was just one..", Parmish was interrupted by Meher  " One, two,three.. Sixteen.. Sixteen snaps but you didn't had time to just drop a text or call back. For God's sake I could have been dying here...", Parmish abruptly pulled her close,looking her straight into the eyes "Don't ever say that again. "

Meher jerked his hand off her but didn't break the eye contact. Her eyes fumed with anger and Parmish felt every bit of it. Soon her eyes begin to water snd she didn't try to stop it.

Parmish immediately embraced her in a hug. He knew something was up. Something wasn't right.This wasn't about just not picking up her call. This was something more, that she couldn't handle herself and needed his support. He caressed her hair and tried to calm her down so she can at least tell him what happened.

"Shhhhh....Its okay. I am here... With you. Sorry for being so stupid earlier. I am a jackass and you know that. I am extremely sorry .", Parmish paused to place a kiss on her forehead.

Parmish settled on the sofa with Meher by his side, still trying to make her stop crying, caressing in a hug.
After he was convinced that she had calmed down and stopped crying , he asked, " What is it? What is bothering my sweetheart?Tell me "

" I am afraid.", Meher mumbled seeping further into Parmish's chest.

Parmish tightened the embrace to make her feel comfortable.

"I am here now. There's nothing to be afraid of.", Parmish said planting another kiss on Meher's forehead.

"What is troubling you? Tell me.And know that nothing can harm you when I am here. With you. For you. We will face it together. Whatever it is", Parmish assured Meher.

Meher broke the hug and looked at Parmish, as if trying to figure out the expression of lie. But she couldn't find any. She had to believe he was not lying. He would be there for her.

" I am pregnant", She said it  in a single line like ripping a band-aid off, stern, direct and fast.

Her eyes still fixated on Parmish's face searching for an expression of retract.

Parmish was shocked. He hadn't expected this. Not even in his dreams.

"Wow. That's so good..I cannot even tell you how happy I am.", Parmish chuckled and consumed Meher in a bone crushing hug.

But Meher was still serious. There wasn't a sign of happiness in her face. Not even a fake smile.

Parmish realised this when his excitement dropped a notch down.

He immediately made her look at him, " You don't look happy! Wait!!! Why are you afraid? You remember we are married, right??!! So its totally okay.", Parmish joked trying to lighten up her mood.

Meher lightly hit Parmish on chest on his comment.

"I don't know I am so unsure", Meher said seemingly lost.

Parmish straightened her so they could see each other, "You don't want the baby??!!!!!"

"Oh no!!! I do!!! I want a baby... Its just I'm not sure if I would be a good mother. I cannot even take care of myself. How will I care for another little being who doesn't even talk",  Meher shrugged.

Parmish smiled, "You can.I see how much love and affection you have for the cute lil kittens, pups and other animals in your shelter. "

"Hey.. Don't call them animals.. They are my babies and they have names.. How would you feel if I call you human", Meher said clearly irritated.

"Annnnd... Protective.. See that's what I wss talking about. You are just gonna be fine. Don't worry!!!", Parmish assured her.

Meher folded her lips in a smile. Like a small kitten. And her eyes beamed with curiousness at a thought that jist crossed her mind," Are you ready to be a dad? "

" I have been. For a while", Parmish smiled surprising her with his answer.

" Haauuu.. Why did you say it to me then?", Meher asked.

"I just.. Did wanted to force anything upon you. Plus you were busy with your shelter care. So..",Parmish admitted.

"I am so lucky to have you.."  Meher pouted.

"No.. We are lucky to be blessed by 86 babies", Parmish said snuggling Meher.

" But I never said I want 100 kids..", Meher said recalling the drunk event.

"Umm yeah you did..", Parmish insisted.

"No I didn't....", Meher whined like a baby. "But I am glad that we have such a big and cute family.", Meher added gladly .

"So.. Shall we tell our parents??", Parmish asked.

Meher nodded still resting her head on  Parmish's shoulder.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
A big shoutout to Vrushali01 for being such a sweetheart. This one is specially for you dear.

Hope you all liked this epilogue. Please ignore any typos as I couldn't proof read it.

Don't forget to like/ share / vote for my other stories as well.

Keep smiling. Always.
Love ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Instagram : @pinkplanetofficial