Chapter 15: From an Ice cream cone

Lessons I learnt from an ice cream cone

Trust me on this, I am not stupid or this is not a funny one because of the title you just read. Trust me it taught me a great lesson that is engraved on my mind and it will be with me till I die. And you'd be surprised in what way an ice cream cone taught me one of the biggest lessons of life. That us, humans need to know and remember for life long. 

So, moving on. 

A few days back I went to the grocery store with my mother to get monthly grocery alright and what happened was, I picked an ice cream cone and kept in in the trolly. 

While checking out, I kept the ice cream cone on the rack so that the cashier adds the cone to the bill. I paid for it and then I kept the cone in my purse because, if it were to be kept among all the goods we bought then the ice cream would obviously melt by the time I search in which packet it has been kept. 

So, I kept it in my purse and I did not close the zip of my purse. (Which is another lesson I will tell you ahead)  Don't ask me why because I have a very bad habit of not closing the zip of the purses I carry because I find it's too much effort in zipping and unzipping for when I need anything so I keep it open.  

So, what happened was the ice cream cone fell somewhere and when I reached home I did not get to eat that.

So you know, they are two lessons in this story which I am going to tell you now. 

1. I wanted to have an ice-cream, I went to the grocery store, I kept it in the trolly, I paid for it as well. I kept it in my purse BUT it was not in my destiny so I couldn't get to eat it. You see here? We may like/love something, we may desire to have it to ourselves, we may even work our very best in achieving that or try our level best to claim it as ours. BUT. If it's NOT in our destiny it WON'T be ours. 

2. Now here you may say me, 'But, if you'd have closed the zip of the purse, you'd have got to eat it!' Yes. You're right! You are absolutely right to think of that way but you see I didn't do that and somehow the ice cream I wanted to have slipped from my purse. What can you conclude by that? What I deduced from this incident is that, when we desire to have something and even when we work towards getting that and even after we get that, WE NEED TO MAKE AN EFFORT OF KEEPING IT.  We can't let it slip thinking now that we have it won't go anywhere. IT WILL GO. Just like my ice cream slipped. Anything that you may wish to have will slip and go to someone else who deserves to have that not you, who let it slip. Who didn't bother enough.

Now you understand how wonderful of a lesson an ice cream cone gave me? 

And probably it's the best lesson I have learnt. :D

Until next time

Take care

~Em