Chapter 20: From Friendship

Lessons I learnt from friendship

Today if I manage to put at least one thing close to how fortunate I feel to have a few friends in my life that I can call my soul mates, I'd be very glad. To me, as I mentioned before, friendship is the basic form of love yet so pure. I believe a relationship can't last long if it is not based on friendship.  You see, you may fall out of love with someone at some point but you can't stop being someone's friend just like that. 

Friendship has taught me how to be selfless. Friendship has shown me that soul mates do exist. That true love does exist in the form of friendship. Friendship has taught me that my life may not be a story that is worth reading like a novel but I do have a friend in my life that is no less than a fictional character. The only difference is that my friend is not fictional. They are real. They exist in my life and I am blessed that they chose me to call their friend. 

You know, as I am growing old I realise friendship is more than what I had in my mind since childhood. Friendship is a bond that is so pure that sometimes it feels like god selected two people up in the heavens and wrote their destinies together and then sent them to the world to explore their ways towards each other. 

Any relationship whether it is brother-sister, mom-dad or husband and wife. Every relationship is a kind of friendship. And if any of your relationships are not based on that one basic block then it is nothing.

Because friendship is more than being related to someone in some way and more of how safe you feel around them. The trust, the companionship, the support, the encouragement, the love

A relationship can't teach you how to be a good friend but being a good friend can teach how to excel in every relationship.

Until next time,

take care

Em