Part 2

"Hayley! Wait up!"

Isla Haynes, my best friend, runs up to me and tackles me in a hug before putting her hands on her knees and gasping for breath.

"Jeez woman! It is that hard to wait for your bestie since year 3?"

I roll my eyes at her, "You're just being a drama queen, Isla."

With a gasp, she falls to her knees.

"No! Betrayed by my best friend, why? WHY, Hayley, WHHHYYYY???"

She screams, attracting funny looks from other students as she flops to the ground, "dying". I roll my eyes again and go to pull her up when a deep voice cuts through, making me pause.

"Is she ok?"

I whip around with a comeback on the tip of my tongue but it fades when I see him. His tanned skin and blue eyes go perfectly together and he would look like a surfer if not for his dark brown hair. The sunlight hits it at the perfect angle, turning the tips golden. I can tell through his t-shirt that he has a great body. I imagine my hands running down those abs... and I've been staring for too long. He's looking at me with a confused expression, as if he can't figure out why I would be staring at such a beautiful specimen. He shakes his head a little and looks down at Isla.

"Um, is your friend ok?" he asks, glancing back up at me. Butterflies try to murder my stomach.

'Omg, he's actually looking at me! And talking to me!' Wow I really need to calm down.

"Uh, yeah she's fine. No more messed up than usual, anyway." I say, shooting Isla a smirk as she glares back up at me.

"You could help me up, you know."

She decides to speak up. I glance down at her just sitting on the pavement.

"Or I could not." Isla reaches a hand up and I roll my eyes and take it to pull her up. Bad idea. She yanks my hand and suddenly I'm on the ground next to her. I shoot the guy a smile and punch her arm.

"Sorry about her."

He extends his hand and I take it, pulling myself up. When they touch I draw in a sharp breath and try to act casual. He quickly lets go, before turning and starting to walk away.

"See you later Isla," He calls, nodding at her before making eye contact with me.

"Bye Hayley."

I'm disappointed he's leaving and just stare at his retreating figure until a voice breaks me from my trance.

"Um, a little help here?"

Isla's eyebrows are raised as I blink a few times trying to clear my head. I take her outstretched hand and pull her up. She dusts herself off and we walk to our lockers with 10 minutes to kill before our first class. Maths. On the way there I ask her a very important question.

"Who was that?!"

She stares at me hard, like she's trying to figure out if i'm joking or not. I'm not.

"Hayley, that's Noah. You know, Noah Smith?"

Oh. My. God. I remember him! He was in my class in Year 8. How have I never noticed him around after that though? How the hell do you just not notice someone, especially when they look like that.

"Oh yeah! I remember him. I thought he left!"

Isla gives me a looks and laughs.

"Well, you thought wrong."

◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊

♥︎ Comment, vote and add ♥︎

Adrienne