Part 16

I start freaking out as I stare at Isla laying on the ground, motionless. I can't move. What am I meant to do? Suddenly, she sits up and starts laughing before standing and brushing herself off. I punch her arm as she howls with laughter. I pout at her but she just keeps on laughing.

"Ok, ok! I'm sorry, but you should have seen the look on your face!"

By this point I'm laughing along with her. I hit her again, but not hard.

"That's great though Hayley! I can't believe you actually have a boyfriend! You of all people..."

She keeps talking but I tune her out. My mind drifts off and I just zone out until the bell rings. I jump, startled and Isla and I run to our lockers.

We're rounding a corner when Isla smashes into a body. I screech to a halt and look back at her, worried until I see a hand pulling her up. A hand that belongs to Marco. He glances over at me and smirks, helping Isla up. He looks down at her

"You better be more careful babe, you might get knocked over."

Isla, of course, blushes furiously at 'babe' and I walk over and hit the back of Marco's head. He releases his grasp on Isla and she stands there, staring at him wide eyed.

"Don't you have somewhere to be? Like class?" I ask, wanting him to leave before poor Isla explodes.

"Don't you?" He counters. I roll my eyes, touché. I grab Isla's hand and drag her in the direction of our lockers.

"Bye Hayley and your hot friend!"

Marco calls after us and Isla somehow turns an even darker shade of red while I continue walking, not bothering to glance behind me. I already know Marco will have his trademark smirk on him face. Isla and I get to our lockers before she turns to me, still blushing. I place a finger over her mouth, not prepared for what she has to say, and plus we're already late to class.

"Tell me later, ok babe?"

I laugh at the look on her face before grabbing my books and hurrying off to class. I peek behind me to see Isla still standing there, looking after me. I roll my eyes with a grin on my face. That poor girl.

I finally arrive at my class room and knock on the door quietly. It opens after a pause to reveal a lady I've never seen before. Mr Benson mustn't be at school today. The relief teacher stares me down for a few seconds before opening the door to let me in. I rush in hurriedly and take my usual place next to Taylor Harvey, a basketball player for the Panthers and possibly the nicest, most adorable guy in this school. I love sitting with him because he asks the cutest questions and is just clueless all the time. He doesn't have a girlfriend, but that's probably because all the girls see him more like a puppy than an actual guy.

The teacher smooths her navy blue skirt and then addresses the class in the most nasal, monotone voice I've even heard. I know instantly that I'm going to be bored to death today.

◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊∞◊

♥︎ Comment, vote and add ♥︎

Adrienne